Author Topic: Decision made  (Read 11693 times)

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
  • POTESTATEM OBSCURI LATERIS NESCIS
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
Re: Decision made
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2007, 10:42 PM »
Oh, and late HAPPY BIRTH DAY Niubster!  (Good to see that your site is being updated so often!)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 10:45 PM by PenDragon »

Offline NiubNiub

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2007, 10:56 PM »
So if I understand correctly (and please correct me if I'm wrong):

1) No booth = No "giveaways - prizes - folders ... etc "

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Niub says :
Folders next to your diorama, a sign with your names, club etc... is ok and a MUST, I will not take credit for your creation. this was never my intention in offering the visitors display section.
can have giveaways like pins, tshirts yes, , For a PRIZE means a contest or a DRAWING which could cause conflict with the rules of gencon and cause problems for the workshop area.
which is the reason I mentioned that if you have a contest for prizes, it is best done at a booth.

REMEMBER - you cannot sell tickets for a contest - state lottery crap prohibits such things without a permit. I tried last year and found out the hard way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) No booth = No good advertising for Ultimate Group Project / Jedi Defender / YakFace / elmeaux.com / JackPoint.com, outside of maybe a folded pamphlet that we could put on the table that holds our dio

NO, you CAN advertise, I have ZERO problem you placing a foamcore sign next to the diorama with the Ultimate Logo, Visit us at our booth, Prizes every hour at the booth, that is fine.
Logos of Jedi Defender, Yak, advertisers etc... that helped with the project is a definete YES, I have no problems there if its a THANK YOU type thing. Thanks to Yak for supporting us.
If its publicity only like a 30 foot yak banner well thats another thing :P that would not work.

You can have postcards, pamflets, no prob, but that would be a good thing to have at your space (booth) as well. Make a sign that says Visit our booth for more info.
Of course there is a space with chairs that I planned out for you guys so you can have your guys man the dio AS WELL as the booth to tell people to go back and forth.
You can also hand out promo stuff/giveaways at the chairs, but if I were you I would think up giveaways or such that make people visit both to max your exposure.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3) No booth = Judde Lulos is the largest dio in the Visitor Provence of  Niub-land, but is not much of a force unto itself (besides the fact that it's absolutely beautiful, of course ;) ).

Yes it will be the biggest in size but best? mmmm, I would think Jamie Follis might have something to say about that ;p LOL

4) Yes booth = we CAN have all that stuff mentioned above, more, AND SPACE AT NUIB's

At the Ewok Landscaping you have 9 3feet X 8feet tables for you to place your diorama on.
at your booth you can dance NAKED with Twilek girls if you wish :) yes - that means ANYTHING since I cannot get into trouble for what you do there :)

5) Yes booth = a bigger total space, for the betterment of the entire hobby

Yes that is very true.

I'm probably sounding like an ass here, but I'm just trying to play Devil's Advocate. I hate to see this project be anything less than what it's capable of.  :-\

Oh, and Frank, no matter what you say (unless you take away the offering of space), I'm pretty sure no one thinks that you're a dick.  ;D

I've changed my mind, since Mary gave you a tiny space you wont need my big space anymore - oops did I say that out loud? ;p LOL
I appreciate that I am not a dick :) hee hee

see you at the show !!!!

frank

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2007, 11:28 PM »
Ok, so dancing naked with Twilek girls...

I'll get right on that.  ;D

Too bad about the 30 foot Yak banner tho ... 

;) Seriously, thanks for the clarifications my man.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Cool. Sorry Frank we've never done this before. Its been a great learning experience. Sometimes we are a little thick headed around here. Well...mostly me. :P  I guess that is what happens when everything gets discussed in a committee.

Happy Birthday dude!

So Tom, you need to get ahold of the dancing Twilek girls. I hear their is a spearment Rhino not far from the convension center. We won't go into how I know this.  :-[
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 11:38 PM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2007, 08:48 PM »
Do tell ;)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2007, 09:21 PM »
What is a spearment Rhino?

Offline PenDragon

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • the JackPoint
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I can't say, but I can tell you that google's first few results paint a pretty clear picture  ;)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 11:00 PM by PenDragon »

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 26, 2007, 09:45 AM »
It's chewing gum.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2007, 11:42 AM »
YUMMY!!!!!

But nothing beats those kinds of places than the one's in Montreal   (They RULE!!!)