Author Topic: celebreties you've met?  (Read 6862 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: celebreties you've met?
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Hmmm.  I've met so many of the Star Wars actors that I hardly think most of them are worth mentioning at this point.  But I'll list the major ones.

James Earl Jones
Carrie Fisher
Billy Dee Williams
Miss America - 1983 - Debra Maffett
Mitch Kupchak - 1983/84 L.A. Lakers
Don Maloney - NY Rangers
Dave Maloney - NY Rangers
Sparky Lyle - NY Yankees
William S. Kuntsler - Attorney
Les Paul - Legendary guitarist/inventor of multitrack recording, solid body electric guitar
Omar Epps
Johnnie Cochran
PJ Harvey (okay, well I just stood in line behind her in a record shop)
Lawrence Taylor (2 times, but I was apprehensive about approaching him)

I also wound up on the same flight to Comic Con as Deepak Chopra, Joe Quesada from Marvel Comics and the artist who created the Joker.  Kind of cool, I guess.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2007, 11:03 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2007, 11:37 PM »
The only Celebreties that I have met in my life that I can recall are:
83-84 Angels (Visted patients at  UCI when I burnt my hand)
One of the Actors from Days of Our Lives (Guy who played Bo (I think) never watched the show, but my sister saw him on her plane trip home and had to talk to him).
My Boss, Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa  :-\
I will probally met some other actors/actress from shows filming in L.A
the tv show "Shark" is filming at City Hall tommorrow all day.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2007, 11:47 PM »
Well, a few of you folks have met me, so add me to your respective lists, please. 8)

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #18 on: February 6, 2007, 02:10 AM »
I sold Tom Arnold some popcorn at a college wrestling tournament.
« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 02:10 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2007, 09:20 AM »
I have me the following:
Bruce Campbell - At his book signing in portland
Bryan Fuller - On the set of Star Trek Voyager
Katie Sackhoff - (ok, I knew her because she lived across the street from my sister and her mom was my fifth grade teacher... so not sure if it counts as she was not a celebrity then...LOL)

I have to say Bryan Fuller is a great guy and really funny. I would say the conversations with him were the best part of my visit to the set of Voyager.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
Re: celebrities you've met?
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Peter Mayhew(Chewbacca) - Met him at a Sci Fi Con in South Carolina. Nice guy, very stern.
Amy Allen (Aayla Secura) - Same con. Seemed a little airheaded.
Kenny Baker (R2) - Same con. Very funny.
Micheal Sheard (Ozzel) - Great story teller, very funny, sweet guy.
Ty Elam & Mavis of VIDEODROME - Caught Ty before the show w/ Orgy. Mavis afterwards.
Slipknot - Did an album signing about 7 years ago here in Minneapolis.
Drain STH - Same deal, a year later
Full Devil Jacket - "         "
Powerman 5000 - Album signing
Static X - Same event as above
Micheal Graves of The Misfits - Met him and his band twice. Had a long convo first night with him.
Foo Fighters - Did an acoustic set at Best Buy in Richfield, MN. Grohl signed my clear vinyl "In Utero".
Brent Riggs - Bassist for JOB FOR A COWBOY. Very gracious, cool guy.
Tony Gunnells - Vox for THROUGH THE EYES OF THE DEAD. Funny guy, had a great story about Skittles.
Ric Flair - Caught him at his sons wrestling tournament in Raleigh, NC. Very nice guy.
Ricky Steamboat - Same event. First class *******.
Gregg Lloyd - Ex-Steelers Linebacker..multiple occassions. His agent coached my bro's Pop Warner team.

..and one of my dreams came true on December 19th of last year when I met Chino Moreno of the Deftones.

« Last Edit: February 6, 2007, 01:07 PM by Cory Chaos »

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2007, 04:22 PM »
The only celebrity I recall meeting, for obvious reasons, was Kim Cattrall. She was shooting a movie on location in the Sierra Nevada foothills, and a family friend somehow knew the land owner of the property or something, so got us in to meet her and see the set. I don't remember the set at all ;). I remember shaking her hand and thinking how great she looked and how nice she was. She even sent me an autographed photo.

Also, this was like 28 years ago when I was in fourth grade, so she was in her early 20s and even more of a stunner.  :o :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Count Nick Saban in that mix too, then.  I've met, met with, and been introduced at meetings by him on more than a few occasions.  Nice guy.

Haven't bumped into Coach Saban, yet, but I'm curious to know how approachable he is now that he's coaching the Tide.

I've met...

Coach Gene Stallings (Coached Alabama's football team for their 12th National Title), who was one of the nicest people I've ever met. I met him during the season he won the title, I believe.

Many years ago, I was able to spend some time with The Rock (WWF Wrestler). This was before he started doing movies - I knew him as Dwayne. Very nice guy. I also met Michael Cole (WWF/WWE Announcer), who was a total flamboyant *******. He really thought he was something. I bumped into Droz (WWF Wrestler), too, who was also an absolute jerk. I didn't want his autograph, didn't even want to talk to him - I saw him as he shoved his way through a crowd of kids who wanted his autograph. Total jerk. Lastly, I met Kevin Kelley (WWF Talent Scout, Announcer, etc), who was a really cool guy...

My Morning Jacket (awesome rock band) - good friends, they take care of their fans. Will be hanging out with Jim James this weekend, probably.

Can't think of any others, at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 10:20 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline Cory Chaos

• Jedi Initiate
  • Musically Inclined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:01 PM »
I bumped into Droz (WWF Wrestler), too, who was also an absolute jerk. I didn't want his autograph, didn't even want to talk to him - I saw him as he shoved his way through a crowd of kids who wanted his autograph.

He's a little paralyzed now. Ain't karma a bitch.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 02:42 PM »
In the summer of 1998, I got to sit down at a country club with a close friend and Brett Hull for over an hour and down a few beers, just the three of us at a bar table.  It was priceless.  Other than that a few small things like gettnig autographs from some sports players, but nothing topped the Brett Hull day.  Completely awesome.

:P

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 10:24 PM »
Matt Stajen....wel hes more of a sport star but famous non the less.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
Re: celebrities you've met?
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 10:36 AM »
..and one of my dreams came true on December 19th of last year when I met Chino Moreno of the Deftones.

DAMN! He got HUGE!!! I remember seeing them before the Adrenaline came out and he was a twig...

As for me, some notables:

- Pee-wee Herman @ Chiller con a few months ago, a definite life-long dream come true.
- Peter Mayhew @ Disney SW Weekend last year on my Honeymoon.
- Bruce Campbell @ his book signing last year, awesome guy & took his time with everyone.
- Hulk Hogan @ a book signing a few year ago.
- "Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart @ the same book signing as Hogan.
- Jeremy Bulloch @ a local con last year, hands down one of the nicest celebs ever. Got to talk with him for at least 15 minutes before the show even started.
- Joey G (Vito on The Sopranos) @ a local con last year.
- Stacy Keibler @ an EB Games signing, um yeah she's 10x hotter in person.
- Les Claypool (my musical idol) @ a Frog Brigade show in NJ about 5 years ago, nice guy. Won't shake hands though.
- Brian O'Halloran & Marilyn Ghigliotti @ a Clerks screening last year

I've also met almost every NY Yankee from the 1980s when I was a kid. I was a HUGE autograph hound back then.

I've met a ton of bands from misc shows through out the years: Korn, Slipknot, Incubus, In Flames...

I also got picked up (literally) by Ben Affleck on the set of Jersey Girl and moved about a foot. That guy has the biggest head i've ever seen on a human...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2007, 09:53 PM »
Not many, but I went to party that Sigourney Weaver was at back in the 90's.  It was really funny becuase someone introduced me to her, and she said that she had one of my cartoons (that had been published in a NYC paper) on her refridgerator.

I also mey Bono in 1987 outside of the Brendan Byrne arena,  He was very nice and signed autographs for a while.  We all ended up talking about movies and Harry Dean Stanton.  There was a really annoying guy there that kept using Irish slang.  But Bono had no idea what he was talking about.

Last summer I got stuck on the set of "Without a Trace." They were shooting at a garage where my car was being worked on, so I coulldn't get my car back when I wanted it. So I just hung around and watched, and used craft services. I didn't really "meet" anyone, but Anthony Lapaglia said hello. Cool thing was that the garage didn't charge me.

Oh, Yeah. I had drinks with Andy Ricther right about the time that Conan O'Brian started.  We then all went to a party and Scott Thompson, Conan, and Mark MicKinney were there.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2007, 09:57 PM »
I actually have something to add to this...

Went out for Valentine's Day on Saturday night to Nakama Pittsburgh (Japanese Sushi/Steak place).  If you guys are familiar with these types of places you sit in like a horse shoe shape around a habachi.  Anyway, Evegani Malkin was at our table with what were (I'm guessing) a couple he lives with in the city that act as his interpreters.

He speaks zero English, coming from Russia (He's the top Rookie in the NHL for anyone curious who this person is that doesn't follow hockey), and yet people were talking to him and stuff while he tried eating...  He just smiled and nodded, and I laughed my ass off later thinking about all those completely hollow conversations people thought they just had with someone that doesn't speak their language.

Two people bothered him for autographs and one girl got her boyfriend to take her picture with him while he was trying to eat his appetizer.  I guess you can take someone out to a nice place but you can't put any class into them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2007, 11:02 PM »
I didn't bother her because she was out with her son, and because it's not my style to accost celebrities - but Kate Winslet was behind me in line the other day at the Natural History Museum.   :)