Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 104115 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #270 on: April 8, 2008, 05:41 PM »
KB is the only place I know that you can still buy Robocop figures and GI Joe Eco-Warriors. Great place to find things that are so out of print that they are now worth something again.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: April 10, 2008, 09:00 AM »
Got to open the Vader finally. Love it. It's a great concept for a figure, even if there wasn't the game.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 12, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Juno Eclipse - A

Super high quality sculpt and articulation, it makes Hasbro's Legends treatment of the Imperial Officer seem like even more of an obscene ripoff in the articulation department... I wonder if in their contract with Lucasarts it says they have to make the figures be a certain quality level... Hasbro, please make a damn tuniced Officer that's as well sculpted and poseable as this figure!
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: April 16, 2008, 12:28 PM »
This whole wave is currently in stock at HTS, and if you use the GETOUT20 code, it comes to like $5.59 a figure (before shipping).
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:30 PM by Brian »

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 16, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Got to open the Vader finally. Love it. It's a great concept for a figure, even if there wasn't the game.

I agree.  And he's definitely the first one in my area to sell out when Walmarts actually get these in.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 16, 2008, 02:52 PM »
I don't even think there's any KB's left in my entire state. 

Isn't there one back up at the outlet mall place on I-94 heading west?  Albertville? 

This wave is trickling out in far nothern Minnesota on US cards only so far.  Not much luck finding the good stuff lately.  Seems Maris Brood is the least desired of the bunch.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 16, 2008, 03:28 PM »
Really? Around here it's Juno Eclipse.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 16, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I don't even think there's any KB's left in my entire state. 

Isn't there one back up at the outlet mall place on I-94 heading west?  Albertville? 

The only one I remember on 94 was the one in Woodbury which is a few miles away from the Wisconsin border.  They ripped down half that mall and put up a WM there.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 16, 2008, 04:21 PM »
The one at Albertville was there last September, maybe it closed by now?  That's back on the way to Fargo and about an hour out of Minneapolis proper, so I don't know if you guys make it out that way very much. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #279 on: April 16, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Not that it has anything to do with TFU figures, but yes - there is still a KB Toy Outlet store at the Albertville Factory Outlet Mall on I-94.  I was just there about 2-3 weeks ago.  In addition, there is a KB Toy Outlet store at the North Branch Outlet Mall as well (on I-35 north of the Cities).  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #280 on: April 16, 2008, 05:10 PM »
The FU wave is still 100% rare in Pittsburgh...  I've only seen Juno Eclipse twice, and most of the wave I've never seen in stores once (a friend got me most of my set).  They show up and disappear here all together though...  I've seen Marris Brood once, and Juno twice...  Rahm Kota once I think...  And the Evo Trooper once.  I've never seen Shadow Guard, Jump Trooper, or Vader in a store. 

The Evolutions set is equally tough to get...  Sells through before any of the others, however at this point the Wave 2 Evolutions sets are rare in general around here.  Even the Jedi Legacy is sold out where it was "sitting" briefly.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 28, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Just got an Evo Trooper off of eBay...

Grade: A - really great sculpt, excellent accesories (cool longer gun and backpack)... would be an A+ except he again is just a little too big! Like the Jumptrooper, he's about half a head taller than his comrades in the Imperial Army.
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline hermi_odle

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2008, 02:45 AM »
"3. OK, so now that we know there are plans in the works for "Midnight Madness" events for The Clone Wars toy launch in July, we’ve got to wonder about the man in the hat. Do you know if there are any "Midnight Madness" events in the works for your big Indy toy launch in May?"
 Quoting from the Q&A i understand the saga legends and clone wars coming out on 7/26, but what is the big indy toy launch. Coming out in may does it involve the force unleashed with the battle rancor and a new set of figures, if anyone has any links on this please share.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1206060291,41391,

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2008, 05:59 AM »
The FU wave is still 100% rare in Pittsburgh...  I've only seen Juno Eclipse twice, and most of the wave I've never seen in stores once (a friend got me most of my set).  They show up and disappear here all together though...  I've seen Marris Brood once, and Juno twice...  Rahm Kota once I think...  And the Evo Trooper once.  I've never seen Shadow Guard, Jump Trooper, or Vader in a store. 

The Evolutions set is equally tough to get...  Sells through before any of the others, however at this point the Wave 2 Evolutions sets are rare in general around here.  Even the Jedi Legacy is sold out where it was "sitting" briefly.

I still have yet to see a single Force Unleashed figure (Evolutions not included) around here in CO. Even the Evolutions I've only seen them two maybe three times a pop. Luckily Robb was able to hook me up with most of the wave. Most of the stores around here have had nothing but Legends all year. I hardly saw Wave 1 at retail all year either.
"This is the way."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2008, 09:02 AM »
what is the big indy toy launch. Coming out in may does it involve the force unleashed with the battle rancor and a new set of figures, if anyone has any links on this please share.

The big Indy toy launch is for the Hasbro Indiana Jones line based on all 4 Indiana Jones movies.  It has nothing to do with TFU or SW...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender