Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 103871 times)

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Line Unveiled
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2007, 10:51 AM »
WoW.

I've very strict EU policy.  I avoid it like the plague but these and the dogs whattsits.

I'm getting 'em!!!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2007, 03:06 PM »
You know, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the female Imperial, Jedi Samurai, and Shadow Guard are the figures I'm most looking forward to out of the entire 30AC so far.

(Along with the Obi-Wan & Alpha comic pack, but that's in a side line.)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2007, 04:06 PM »
looks cool i cant wait to learn more.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2007, 04:06 PM »
I'm down for getting these figs...I saw a nice preview of this game at last years CC, it looks awesome

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2007, 08:23 PM »
 :P Ihis is going to be a very expensive Star Wars year!
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2007, 08:42 PM »
Anyone know when these come out??? I really need those troopers for some projects. I was trying to use modded Clone parts to make a new armor design but those are better than anythin i could have com up with.

No date yet...at least not given to us.  We heard the game was not finished yet and you know how hasbro likes a mass blitz.

And no packaging was shown either. 

They were very proud of the fact that the figure images had not leaked out yet.  Daryl Depreist was practically beaming when he was talking to me about it.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I guess I'm OK with this stuff, the figures all look top notch.  I am disappointed (not really the right term) that they made an EU Black Tuniced Imperial Officer before they made a Movie version.  I also agree with Jesse that removable caps should have been included with Chief Bast if they made one here...

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2007, 09:49 PM »
I am disappointed (not really the right term) that they made an EU Black Tuniced Imperial Officer before they made a Movie version. 

They're pretty much one and the same...

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2007, 10:08 PM »
They were very proud of the fact that the figure images had not leaked out yet.  Daryl Depreist was practically beaming when he was talking to me about it.

To be honest, that IS pretty impressive.

I hadn't even caught a whiff of these figures, beyond the vague rumors that there would be toys to go with the game. Good job on someone's part....

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2007, 10:10 PM »
I am disappointed (not really the right term) that they made an EU Black Tuniced Imperial Officer before they made a Movie version. 

They're pretty much one and the same...
Except for the breasts...and the fact there are no female Imperials in the movies...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2007, 10:59 PM »
I hate to say it, but for the first time, I am going to hoard these figures like a freak.  Like a freaking hot wheels jerk.  Screw anyone who wants them until I've had my fill.

Ok, not that extreme but I really like them a lot. 

:P

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Female SA Imperial Officers? Yowza.

Oh yeah, and like said, look out for some customs from that figure base.

:P

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2007, 01:15 AM »
Except for the breasts...and the fact there are no female Imperials in the movies...

So this figure has 200% more breastage than any Imperial figure yet produced ... and you're complaining? :o

Tsk, tsk. And you call yourself a man.... :P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2007, 03:31 AM »
Yeah OCB, that irony wasn't lost on Paul and I either...  We were talking about that briefly on the phone...  Not that I didn't care for the figure, but Paul noted that if they do this as a human male at some point, well the cash could just be direct deposited to Hasbro really. :)

The sculpt on that female Impy is outstanding, and she's so simply generic...  I'll buy many and truly hope the hat fits other heads well.  She is EU though no doubt...  I think the Force Unleashed line really is looking like some of the better EU to mix in if you can stomach it though.  The Trooper on the left in the double shot of them (Cody-ish helmet) is very VERY reminiscent of the Aquatic Assault Stormtroopers from the West End Games books...  Some distinct similarities.

Paul mentioned a stylized look to them when he/I were talking and I can see that, but at the same time I thnk they fit quite well with the basic line... 

My gf's kid went nuts for this line so I think for that market they're a hit...  Collectors I think will really base judgment on the game's popularity or their own like/dislike of the EU.  Such is the gamble EU's been for Hasbro.

I'm happy...  I can see where a non-EU crowd comes from though too when it's an entire line like this.  Part of me really hopes they do well though and that Hasbro maybe considers small sub-lines of EU mixed into the basic lines now, as SOTE was, the EU of 98, Clone Wars, and now the Force Unleashed figures...  I'm ok with that kind of quick limited EU line getting snuck into the basic film figure waves that make up the vast majority of the year...  if any of that makes sense?  ???
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 10:17 AM »
All these look great, especially the troopers. And though I always try to be as positive as possible, or at least just not voice my disapproval, I can't help but mention that the name Force Unleashed is awful. To me, anything with Unleashed has tended to suck (for lack of a better word). And if I hadn't have read the previous posts, I'd have no idea that these figures are the standard 3 3/4 variety and not part of those larger or smaller Unleashed lines. Just basically, the name's confusing.

So, any packaging indications? Are these going to be sold separately or in a multipack for the game?