Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 104114 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Line Unveiled
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 10:24 AM »
Anyone know when these come out???

February 29th.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 11:17 AM »
Anyone know when these come out???

February 29th.

Really?  Or is that just the start of the 30AC release date in the US? 

I'm glad Scott pointed out that the female officer wasn't in the movie.  I realize that the FU (heh) line is EU but I couldn't help but wonder if there were any female imperials in those movies.  I'd thought not, but what is EU if not revisionist history (no, wait, that's the prequel trilogy - I'm so confused). 

I don't dislike the figures in the line at all, they look quite sharp.  And I've never been opposed to EU stuff, having enjoyed the original EU figures like the Darktrooper quite a bit.  I guess this is Hasbro's way of getting around the canon of the movies with a female officer. 

BTW, did Hasbro coin the term force unleashed intentionally thinking the intials would become the norm: FU?  Inside joke?  If it is, I like it better than the SDCC stuff.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 11:23 AM »
February 29th.

Really?  Or is that just the start of the 30AC release date in the US? 

Look closer at the date...  :P

So, any packaging indications? Are these going to be sold separately or in a multipack for the game? 

All the rumor lists and that leaked info from the Wal-Mart computer had these figures listed as Wave 9.  This wave is why Hasbro said only 8 out of 9 waves will have a McQuarrie figure (since this wave obviously does not).

No word yet on if they will be carded on the 30AC cards or somthing different, but they will definitely be single carded.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 11:27 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2007, 11:27 AM »
D'oh!
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: 30AC Wave - Force Unleashed
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2007, 02:59 PM »
I think Force Unleashed is actually the title of the game, so any blame/praise would be directed towards LucasArts not Hasbro.

Try to leave your existing "Unleashed" baggage at the door. ;)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 03:00 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2007, 03:26 PM »
Steve Sansweet previewed the game itself at Comic Con.  He said that in the game you would get to see the Force unleashed.  I guess that the name was floating around at that time, and since then there had been postings on video game sites calling this title The Force Unleashed.  One site even had what looked like preliminary cover art.

Also, based on talking with Darryl DePriest from Hasbro, he said that the list that got published a few weeks back was legit.  It had actually come from Hasbro's French division.  With that in mind it seems pretty clear that since this wave was listed under Basic Figures, we can safely assume that they're going to be part of the Basic Figure line.  As for packaging?  I think these might be on a card with graphics similar to what was hanging over the figures at Toy Fair.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2007, 03:35 PM »
I think Force Unleashed is actually the title of the game, so any blame/praise would be directed towards LucasArts not Hasbro.

Nathan beat me to that... ;)  Yeah the line's got zero to do with "unleashed" forms of figures so it's definitely possible to get confused but nothing tied to the pre-posed figures of any scale like Unleashed have been.  Hasbro's gotta run with what the game's running with if they're going to have a tie-in of course but that's definitely confusing. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2007, 04:00 PM »

Nathan beat me to that... ;)  Yeah the line's got zero to do with "unleashed" forms of figures so it's definitely possible to get confused but nothing tied to the pre-posed figures of any scale like Unleashed have been.  Hasbro's gotta run with what the game's running with if they're going to have a tie-in of course but that's definitely confusing. :)

How fortunate that the two companies love the name unleashed so much - the Force Unleashed Unleashed Battle Packs give us twice the bang for our buck.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2007, 04:27 PM »
Just caught this--a little more background on the game itself:

Next Star Wars game details Unleashed:

The latest issue of Game Informer brought forth information on the latest Star Wars game. Titled Star Wars: Force Unleashed, it is set to help bridge the 19 year gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. You get to play as Darth Vader's apprentice, as he wants to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy with you at his side. At the same time, there is a galaxy wide hunt to exterminate the remaining Jedi from existence. Force Unleashed also boasts LucasArts' Eurphoria engine, capable of real-time environmental damage. For instance, when using Force powers on steel, it will dent appropriately. Another example includes a tree either splintering or breaking in two, dependent on the type of impact.

You may be concerned that given the title is taking place between the two trilogies that your actions aren't going to have a huge impact, as the events are set in stone. That's not the case, as LucasArts is saying that there will be multiple endings that can really shake up the Star Wars Universe. At least you have a shot of taking down Palpatine before the first Death Star is fully operational. Does this pique your interest, or does any (finished) Star Wars game without the word "Knights" and "Republic" in the title get ignored?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2007, 05:10 PM »
Okay, now I understand a bit more about the origin of the Unleashed name as it is applied here. FU is EU, essentially, which is A-OK. 

I do so love the FU acronym on so many levels, though, so I think I'll be using that one.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2007, 08:51 PM »
Okay, now I understand a bit more about the origin of the Unleashed name as it is applied here. FU is EU, essentially, which is A-OK. 

Well, that's positively innuendo-laden!  The word unleashed as it applies to the game is really one of the only appropriate words I can find to describe what you see in the game, and I tend to be a wordy bastard. ;D  Check out the game demo and you start to get a feel for what we're in store for.  Because the Force is in play in ways that we've never seen before in this game.  The force powers that we saw in the prequels do not compare with the force powers you'll see in the demo.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2007, 01:28 PM »
Just caught this--a little more background on the game itself:

Next Star Wars game details Unleashed:

The latest issue of Game Informer brought forth information on the latest Star Wars game. Titled Star Wars: Force Unleashed, it is set to help bridge the 19 year gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. You get to play as Darth Vader's apprentice, as he wants to overthrow the Emperor and rule the galaxy with you at his side. At the same time, there is a galaxy wide hunt to exterminate the remaining Jedi from existence. Force Unleashed also boasts LucasArts' Eurphoria engine, capable of real-time environmental damage. For instance, when using Force powers on steel, it will dent appropriately. Another example includes a tree either splintering or breaking in two, dependent on the type of impact.

You may be concerned that given the title is taking place between the two trilogies that your actions aren't going to have a huge impact, as the events are set in stone. That's not the case, as LucasArts is saying that there will be multiple endings that can really shake up the Star Wars Universe. At least you have a shot of taking down Palpatine before the first Death Star is fully operational. Does this pique your interest, or does any (finished) Star Wars game without the word "Knights" and "Republic" in the title get ignored?

Excellant, the answer just to the question I was going to ask.  I was a little confused to when exactly the time frame was.  I was a bit confused.  Being that for the Vader figure they used Sebastian Shaw head, it seems to me anyway, rather then Hayden Christiansen's head like the one from the Comm. Tin.  So the stormie/clone whatever is the armor they're wearing considered Phase 3 armor.  Or are these guys supposed to be some sort of specialized guys like the Rep. Commando or something. 
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 8, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Sounds like "The Force Unleashed" video game may be delayed until Spring of 2008 (article/link on RS).  Not sure what that will do to the figure wave, but you would think they would hold it until then as well, to capitalize on things.  They'll probably fill it in with a repaint wave ;).

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #58 on: March 8, 2007, 04:44 PM »
They'll probably fill it in with a repaint wave ;).

Yeah, I've been itchin' for a Wal-Mart Exclusive POTF2 Lobot, Royal Guard and Prince Xizor

;D
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 8, 2007, 05:30 PM »
An interesting Dilemna for the Big H on this one.......do you delay their release by a year to get the full marketing Giant behind it?  Also, it is not like it will be a whole year behind, it is just shifted one quarter...now that being said it is shifting from Pre-Christmas to Post Christmas not the best shift, but as far as Wave Juggling I would figure they will just push this wave back in the rotation and move up another hopefully.

But I could see a "new" and improved Re-paint wave in it's place.....