Author Topic: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed  (Read 103885 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave - Force Unleashed
« Reply #60 on: March 8, 2007, 08:53 PM »
The question would be then, at least I'd think, whether or not the game is the "flagship" of the multi-media blitz.  Is everything centered on the game, or do the book/comics hold enough weight that you think the toy subline is going to be ok? 

Personally I think the video game would have been the thing that was catching the most attention immediately, and thus you'd want the subline released with it, but pushing a figure line back a year is no small thing for Hasbro...  I bet someone's pissed in Pawtucket tonight.

They could try filling that timeframe's void with repacks...  I'm sure there will be figures, come that point in time, that people haven't had enough of from 2007's line.  Interesting situation.  Should make for good questions for the Q&A next time around.  I'm kinda bummed it's not as frequent as it had been because it'd be nice to ask tomorrow what they'll be planning on doing with the FU line.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 8, 2007, 11:25 PM »
The only figure I'd miss from a delay is the female Imperial officer and I'm all for delay for ease on the wallet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 9, 2007, 01:11 AM »
This is unfortunate, but I don't mind the wait if they want to link up the figure release with that of the game.  If they went ahead with the original release date of the figures then I think that might hurt some of the cross promotional appeal.  Sales of the figures will probably be better if the game is out on the market.  It's too bad, because I'm looking forward to these figures.  But if they need to delay it all in order to get the game right, then that's what they need to do.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 9, 2007, 07:34 AM »
Well I actually want that Vader and the troopers.  Oh well.  There is plenty to buy this year.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 9, 2007, 08:58 AM »
Yeah, if the wave is delayed until the game release, that wouldn't really bother me either.  I could understand why they would wait, and like it was mentioned, there is plenty to buy this year the way it is.  Like it was said earlier, they could just shift another wave forward into that slot - or maybe just remix some of the tougher to find figures for the year.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: March 9, 2007, 09:46 AM »
I would agree with the others who have said that the rest of the stuff is probably delayed now too... it makes no sense to have a huge marketing push this Fall to support something that won't be out for 3-6 months.   ::)

I just wonder how many folks at LucasArts are going to get canned over this one...

LFL was planning out a whole multi-media blitz around the video game, hyping the game and the marketing blitz (books, comics, toys) at SW.com and in the media and then the game is late?  Ooops!   :-X
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Cyber 7306

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave ? - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2007, 01:52 PM »
I am a jedi collector and I will Buy Maris Brood and The Samurai Jedi for sure. Might look in to that Royal Guard. Hope they make Vaders Apprentice.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave ? - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2007, 11:26 PM »
I'm still hyped up for the game and figures.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2007, 06:34 PM »
I'm curious if the FU figures will retain the same shaped card, but with all new colors and graphics...and if the cards will change again in the Fall with The Clone Wars.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2008 Wave 1 - Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2007, 09:04 PM »
Hasbro has indicated in the Q&As that the TFU figures will be on the 30AC style/shaped card and that they would not make a packaging change until the Clone Wars Cartoon stuff...

Hasbro:
"The TAC line look will "carry over" at retail through Spring 2008 to make the look an 18 month segment. We will not make a substantial package change until the Fall when Clone Wars debuts."
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:04 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2007, 02:52 AM »
i would buy maris brood, looks good, and maybe the female officer
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Gorkoracing

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2007, 12:06 PM »
shadow guard and juno minus accessories

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2007, 03:02 AM »
Well the only ones that dont interest me are the Skittles Stormtrooper and Damaged Darth Vader, the rest are mine.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2007, 09:05 AM »
Well the only ones that dont interest me are the Skittles Stormtrooper and Damaged Darth Vader, the rest are mine.

Hopefully the skittlestrooper is not part of this wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Line Unveiled
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2007, 10:08 AM »
 :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:10 AM by Master_Phruby »
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours