Author Topic: UCS Millenium Falcon  (Read 20048 times)

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: UCS Millenium Falcon
« Reply #15 on: March 8, 2007, 03:50 AM »

My birthday is in September, maybe I'll just ask everyone to pitch in towards the bill on this thing.

I'll be the first to pitch in!  :P

There's some definite temptation to order this, but it's a lot of money to commit to one item, even if it would kick ass.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 8, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Well I pre-ordered.  It's expensive as hell, but I know I'll want it later.  I can always chicken out and cancel in September.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 5, 2007, 12:52 PM »
I haven't really been keeping up on LEGO much lately, but was looking through the pics from C4 and saw this bad boy.  Wow, it looks amazing.  Like others have said, if I had the money/space for it, I would be all over it.  I don't envision any scenario where I could talk my wife into a $500 "toy" though, no matter what it is.  It would have to be the only thing I bought all year.  There are times though where I think it would be cool to be a LEGO collector, there's a lot of neat stuff and some of it can be scaled to the minifigs themselves.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 04:16 PM »
I'd completly forgotten about this. I just recently lucked into the last lego falcon they released and I'd have to sell that off to be able to get this. What do you think, would you keep the original trilogy edition #4504 or would you sell it off to get this? I'm curious because the 4504 has an interior and I think that makes it more fun. However, a large falcon like this would be pretty sweet.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 10:05 PM »
It's here!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 10:53 PM »
GOOD LORD!!  :o   I have no room to display my Star Destroyer or Jabba's Sail Barge....Please post a pic when you have finished.  I'd love to see how much room this thing takes up in a normal house.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 10:56 PM »
I'd love to see how much room this thing takes up in a normal house.

Maybe we will have to take a trip to WussBoy's house to see his once he's done putting his together...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 12:52 AM »
GOOD LORD!!  :o   I have no room to display my Star Destroyer or Jabba's Sail Barge....Please post a pic when you have finished.  I'd love to see how much room this thing takes up in a normal house.

Will do - but don't hold your breath, unfortunately it will probably be at least a week before I can start it.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 02:05 AM »
I think when Matt and I saw this at SDCC, we both thought the same thing:  where the heck would you display this grand monstrosity.  Good luck if you had the Sail Barge and Star Destroyer too!  Very nice pieces though.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 02:31 AM »
I've got all the UCS sets save the Death Star and the Naboo Starfigher.  I'll probably pick up a Death Star later this year.

As for a space for display on this falcon... I haven't quite figured that out yet.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2007, 07:24 AM »
I am hoping to be able to start on mine this week.  I am also hoping that for those of us who shelled out the money for this set that we at least find the gold C-3PO's in the box.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 11:07 PM »
I finally got to open it up today.  It took me nearly a half hour to open all the bags and pour them into a few separate containers.

And I've never seen an instruction manual that was spiral bound.  This set is very intimidating.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2007, 12:17 AM »
I don't know if anyone is interested in this... but here's how far I managed to get today:

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2007, 12:46 AM »
Good luck with the Falcon Rob, pretty complex with all those parts.

As for a space for display on this falcon... I haven't quite figured that out yet.

So did you make any room to display that thing when all said & done?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2007, 12:50 AM »
I've got two options, I'm not sure which one (if any) will work yet.  I'll know when I have it all together and see exactly how big it is.  I definitely plan on leaving it out, I wouldn't have bothered opening it otherwise.   :)