Author Topic: 30AC V-Wing Starfighter  (Read 24036 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC V-Wing Starfighter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 02:48 PM »
But I have to wonder after reading the latest issue of Dark Horse's Dark Times if they'll do a repainted version in a grey/Imperial color scheme.

Let's hope that they decide to go that route and not the rainbow route that they did with the Jedi Starfighters.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 04:32 PM »
*drools*

My figure only policy is under review  ;D

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 05:23 PM »
I think that a grey/Imperial paint job would also be a good idea for the Gunship.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 01:17 AM »
Thanks for the pic Jayson, that covered that...  They're there, but tough to spot. :)

Look more like blaster barrels than warheads...  Either way, works for me.

Fine ship...  I still think the TIE Bomber was a generally superior ship from different points just based on the photos, but this is a fine addition by all means and worth having a little flight of.  I'd do the Imperial repaint too...  Perfect for the black clone pilots to jump into.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 02:52 AM »
Yeah, gray repaints for both this and the gunship sounds like a no-brainer.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 02:54 AM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 06:40 PM »
I finally found one of these elusive little guys at Taget today, so I picked one up.

A really nice design and I think I'm going to have to get another black clone pilot to put in it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2007, 06:45 PM »
I thought you had stopped collecting the Hasbro stuff?

It certainly is a great ship though. I'm going to have to pick up a second at some point down the road. The one I have looks great flanking Vader's JSF. It's too bad there isn't a V-Wing pilot out for the ship, I really liked that pilot design. Until then the black clone pilots will fill in nicely though. :)
"This is the way."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2007, 06:59 PM »
I really enjoyed the 2-3 seconds this ship had of screentime.  ::)

Seriously though, I love the ship even though mine is starting to remind me of a cheetah due to all of the blast marks.  Also what about the round mechanism where the wings are attached to?  Are these supposed to be pulled out in "battle" mode and pushed back in when you fold up the wings?  I don't recall the instructions covering this and I sure as hell don't recall seeing a label sheet included as it states on the back of the box.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 09:28 AM »
My figure only policy is under review  ;D

I did... Finally nailed one, and it's on it's way from a fellow collector. Can't wait.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 11:22 PM »
I really enjoyed the 2-3 seconds this ship had of screentime.  ::)

Seriously though, I love the ship even though mine is starting to remind me of a cheetah due to all of the blast marks.  Also what about the round mechanism where the wings are attached to?  Are these supposed to be pulled out in "battle" mode and pushed back in when you fold up the wings?  I don't recall the instructions covering this and I sure as hell don't recall seeing a label sheet included as it states on the back of the box.

I'm not sure if they're supposed to pull out or not. I just got one this evening and the left side was pulled out which prevented the wing opening gimmick to not work at all on either side. I had to open the vehicle to get the left side into the proper position so the plastic post which is moved by the spring can hit the wing latch. And now with both closed in, the wing gimmick works for the most part, the left side will only open with multiple hits of the engine. The other catch is now I can pull open both sides and close them back up no problem. Rather weird. If this is intended, the instructions don't mention it and could make people believe the toy is broken, which was my case.

Outside of that problem, I am totally digging this ship. It has enough gimmicks to make a good toy and the design and details are top notch. It's going to look super sweet on my vehicle displays.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 01:39 AM »
The instructions are crummy...

The wings do pull in/out, and locks the pop-out mechanism for them.  It's weird that they did it as they did, but seems accurate for what it is...  From what little I can see of the ship on-screen anyway.  You definitely can pop the wings in and out though, it's just a matter of pushing/pulling, and of course is necessary for the wings opening in the one position.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2007, 03:23 PM »
I actually saw this ship for the first time at retail this weekend at our TRU.  With the slightly higher price there - and the fact that I thought I might have to stop with the PT vehicles - I passed on it.  I'm kind of thinking about going back to see if it is still there now.  It might be the excitement from the new Clone Wars trailer, but part of me would like to keep going on the nicer PT ships once in awhile, but I don't have a lot of room for them.  They've all been packed up aside from the ROTS starfighters and the Neyo/Clone speeder bike sets.  It seems like everyone here really likes this ship though.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2007, 02:45 PM »
You should get it. Its by far in the top 4 Hasbro Star Wars vehicles of all time. The deco is amazing, well worth picking up. I have 2 and love them. Its not lame like the space whale ARC so I can understand your hesitance on PT vehicles.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 03:37 PM »
I've been happy with mine as well...  It appears to-scale despite some dubious #'s I read on the ship, the paintjob is outstanding, the construction fantastic...  I'm looking to nab a couple more for a flight of them and call it a day.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2007, 06:06 PM »
I've been happy with mine as well...  It appears to-scale despite some dubious #'s I read on the ship, the paintjob is outstanding, the construction fantastic...  I'm looking to nab a couple more for a flight of them and call it a day.

You might as well wait.  I'm sure that 5 years from now we'll have 6 different versions. :)