Author Topic: 2007 30AC UGH Promotion  (Read 26983 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: UGH 2007
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53 AM »
I'm not falling for it again, despite the gold coins... and I love the coins bit. The only UGH figures I'll buy are to help out my fellow TC JDers.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: UGH 2007
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2007, 10:17 AM »
Have they mentioned when these are first supposed to start hitting? I am hoping they give us a list of what to look for like last year.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 2007 30AC UGH Promotion
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2007, 05:22 PM »
The madness begins...

Now that I've seen it, I have to say that the gold foil looks really strange.  I guess I'm already so used to the red/black/silver look that the gold on there looks funny to me.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Ah, it's great not to be a MOC collector.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2007, 05:55 PM »
Sadly, I want all of these. I would very much like to get all the gold coins.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 05:57 PM »
Uh... same strategy for me as last time.  If I find them, fantastic.  If I don't - no problem.

Last time I managed to find all ten without going out of my way.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 06:06 PM »

Now that I've seen it, I have to say that the gold foil looks really strange.  I guess I'm already so used to the red/black/silver look that the gold on there looks funny to me.

I agree.  The silver on the black from the last round looked quite good IMO but this just looks....bad.  Oh well, nothing screams cash to a scalper than a gold foiled card with a gold coin I suppose. 

Thanks Hasbro!  >:(
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2007, 07:04 PM »
I actually think the gold looks very cool, any word on which figures will have it?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2007, 09:04 AM »
I never ended up seeing a single one of the UGH figures last year, but I wasn't too worried about it.  If I happened to see one of these at retail, I'd probably pick it up, but otherwise I don't mind if I miss them.  The gold coins are kind of neat, but the cards look a little different.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2007, 09:10 AM »
Good to know what to look for. The biggest problem is going to be the hotwheel guys.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2007, 11:11 AM »
Good to know what to look for. The biggest problem is going to be the hotwheel guys.

Agreed.  Nothing screams cash to a scalper than a nice shiny gold coin/card.  :-\

I was pretty good about getting in the store at opening during the last UGH craze only to have HW guys racing past me to hit the SW aisle first.  I'm going to try a different approach this year and hit they're aisle while they're busy raping my pegs.....At least the UGHs don't have dollar signs on them (yet) like the uber TreasureHunts.  ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2007, 12:43 PM »
I like that startegy, lets hit their aisle first! If they want them they have to trade in store!
Has anyone else ever notice 70% of HW guys have ZZ top beards and flannel. In south Jersey, SoCal and Chicago they do. If you are in the SW aisle and they try to push past you tug their beard!

I have a complete set of last years UGH's shame I did not sell them when they were worth something. Matbe I will open them for custom fodder......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2007, 02:41 PM »
I'll take the minis if you do Mike. :)  Always wanted a set of the UGH minis, but loose...  I cannot get into those things carded for some reason.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2007, 08:25 PM »
I won't see these, but I don't care about them anyway. If I see one I'll get it to help a fellow JDer.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2007, 08:56 PM »
Y'know, I hate to support stereotypes, but...last summer I was working a job a few blocks from a new Wal-mart.  One day, I stopped at the Wal-Mart as they were opening.  They were just a few people there, but one was a big scungy looking guy in sweatpants and a grubby t-sirt. He was unsahven, and his hair was all messed up like he'd just rolled out of bed. He really looked shabby.  I'm thinking, that guy's a toy collector, and I bet Hot Wheels is his thing. Anyway, the store opens and we both head towards the toy isle.  He goes straight for the HotWheels, and starts digging therough the pegs like a mad man.  He was a livin' stereotype.

Just a note.  I'm a big guy, but i realy try to always looke my best, especially when looking for toys at oddd hours.  Don't want to give my brother's a bda name.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com