Author Topic: 30AC Pegwarmers?  (Read 73699 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Pegwarmers?
« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2008, 11:57 AM »
Hmmm... it varies from retailer to retailer in my area.

Wal-Mart - Mostly Galactic Marines, AOTC and ROTS Legends Clones, and Tatooine Biggs

Target - Mostly Lando, Death Star Trooper, and tons of Legends figures

TRU - Just a few Wave 4 remnants

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Well, based on my runs this morning, I would consider the following peg-warmers:

TAC
Stormtrooper
M'iiyoom Onith
Elis Helrot
Fireside Gown Padme
Vooolvif Monn

Saga Legends
AOTC Clone Trooper
Leia Boussh

Those are the figures I see the most of. WalMart has most of the troopers. The Wave 4 and Wave 8 peg warmers are at the TRU I frequent. One Target I go to is pretty bogged down with AOTC Clones, whereas the other one moves stock pretty briskly.

There are other figures I spot here and there, but nothing in enough quantities for me to consider them a peg-warmer.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Thought I'd bump this back up to see what the pegwarming trends have been like lately. In my area I've been seeing these guys the most:

TAC:
Biggs Darklighter (Tosche Station)
Padme Amidala
and the occassional Stormtrooper

Saga Legends:
Imperial Officer (all versions)
Battle Droids (lightsaber sliced)

And a single Jedi Evolutions set that's been sitting there forever.

David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #138 on: March 31, 2008, 07:08 PM »
30AC figures:

Wave 8 Remnants (training Clone, sometimes a Destroyer Droid though I usually buy it if I see it), Stormtroopers (though sporadic), etc.  I wish we saw things like Biggs Anchorhead around actually, that'd be refreshing.

Saga Legends:

This is the most...  I see lots of ROTS Clones (501st and plain white), sometimes shocktroopers, lots of AOTC Clones (white mostly, sometimes some officers, and usually all the same color for that store), Imperial Officers are abundant, Series 2 Pit Droids (all 3), R2-D2, etc. 

Legends is by far and away the pegwarmer central around me...  Lots of them, and a pretty healthy mix at that.  Lots of troopers which is good, but there's lots of everything else too.

We also still have routine sightings of about 6 to 12 2006 figures in the area at almost every store.  Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us all have their share, and it's almost always Jerjerrod or Riekean.  No Vader's, no Naboo guys (I would've liked some on TRU's sale actually), and not much else.  Just Jerjerrod and Riekean.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 31, 2008, 08:20 PM »
The closest Wal-Mart to me is apparently still laboring under the delusion that the eight pegs crammed full of 2006 Jerjerrods and Endor Threepios are going to sell at full price, despite the inch or so of dust that has accumulated on them in the last 18 months and/or the damage that the cards have sustained over the several aisle resets done in the same time period.  This is the absolute worst pegwarming situation I have EVER seen in any SW line, dwarfing the 1997 Reign of Xixor by a longshot.  The four pegs that are actually able to be stocked (read: not jammed full of Jerjerrods and Threepios) with 30AC/Saga Legends figures are packed to overflowing with 7th Legion Clone Troopers, Training Fatigue Clone Troopers, Hawkbat Clone Troopers, and Holographic Vaders. 

Target is easily rearranged to show the degree of their pegwarming situation.  They have the following on their pegs:  4 SL Imperial Officers, 8 7th Legion Clone Troopers, 2 Rebel Vanguard Troopers, 6 Anchorhead Biggs Darklighters, 6 Holo Vaders, 3 2-1Bs, 3 Po Nudos, and 1 each of the SL Biker Scout, SL Boba Fett, McQuarrie Rebel Trooper, and the 2008 Darth Vader (Anakin).  Toys R Us has peg upon peg of Holo Vader and the repaint wave, in addition to at least 30 SL Sandtroopers.  They have yet to get a single case of 2008 figures whatsoever. 

And just think: later this fall, we'll have THREE separate lines going at the same time and I'm sure retail will do a great job of keeping them separate in both their ordering and on the pegs themselves!  ::)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 1, 2008, 11:56 AM »
Around here, its mainly been the Saga Legends filling the pegs at all of the "big 3" stores.  Target is actually fairly picked over for figures, and the pegs haven't been super full lately.  Wal-Mart has mostly Legends (lots of Biker Scouts actually), as well as a smattering of the repaint wave/wave 8/and occasionally a few leftovers from 2008 Wave 1.  They also have at least two pegs overflowing with TSC Jerjerrods and a few other TSC figures.  TRU has recently stocked a lot of basic figures, mostly Legends and the repaint waves.  I think figures like Holo Vader, Spirit of Anakin, and others have entire pegs just to themselves.  They did have the newer SA 501st there in decent numbers though.  They also tend to have several Anakin Evolution sets on hand.

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 1, 2008, 05:41 PM »
The Saga Legends Imperial Officer is the most consistent 2007 figure that's hanging in my findings.  A few Targets have two to three dozen of the various head variants, and 1-2 other figures in the mix.   Today, he seems to be the one that rears his head the most to the point where I have little doubt it's resulting in the store not reordering more Saga Legends.

...and a few stores still have pegs of Lushros Dofines, so go figure.

TAC seems to be doing OK overall.  If it's sitting, wait a week, it'll probably go away.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 2, 2008, 09:10 AM »
SL Bikerscout
SL Pit Droids
SL R2-D2
SL Vader

These 4 are the plague right now.

Never thought I'd say that about the Biker Scout, but people are saturated with these.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #143 on: April 2, 2008, 09:23 AM »
Never thought I'd say that about the Biker Scout, but people are saturated with these.

Yeah, I agree with you there.  The two biggest peg-warmers at my local Target are the Biker Scout and the AotC Clone Trooper. 

I never thought the army builder people would have their fill of these two, but they are just piling up on the pegs...  it's one thing when the EU clones pegwarm, but when bona-fide movie troopers sit for weeks?  I guess everyone really has finally had enough clones.  :-X
« Last Edit: April 2, 2008, 09:24 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 2, 2008, 11:48 AM »

Yeah, I agree with you there.  The two biggest peg-warmers at my local Target are the Biker Scout and the AotC Clone Trooper. 

I never thought the army builder people would have their fill of these two, but they are just piling up on the pegs...  it's one thing when the EU clones pegwarm, but when bona-fide movie troopers sit for weeks?  I guess everyone really has finally had enough clones.  :-X

I'm with you guys.  I can't believe how often I see these figures on the pegs, the Biker Scout in particular (especially at Wal-Mart).  I have to admit its tough for me not to pick up another one every time I'm out, especially if there is nothing else new on the pegs.  That Biker Scout is one of my all-time favorite figures, so its tough not to buy them up.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #145 on: April 2, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Everywhere i go i see pegs full of the fireside Padme. One TRU has at elast 6 pegs filled with just her.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 2, 2008, 03:45 PM »
After a visit to Target today, I realized I forgot to mention one of the biggest pegwarmers in our area (particularly at Target/TRU)....Elis Herlot.  Both of those Cantina aliens are fairly plentiful, but there are entire pegs of Herlot hanging about.  Too bad, not really a bad figure, but I suppose it doesn't sell as well to the kiddos.

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2008, 03:08 PM »
General McQuarrie, 4-LOM, and Umpass Stay. These guys are at nearly every Target I visit. Just about everything else seems to have moved now-

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2008, 03:33 PM »
Legends galore everywhere I go in Chicagoland.

EP2 Clones
Sandtroopers
Pit Droids evry color
Red Battle Droids
Vaders
R2's
Maul
501's

Pu Nudo is a slow mover but he is not a horrible pegwarmer.
Endor rebel Troopers, Jerjerrod and Reikieen can still be found at some stores as well. It's hilarious how much dust can settle on top of the blister in 2 years since their release......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 30, 2008, 04:32 PM »
Still seeing lots of the Pregnance Padme's, Sitting 3PO, Jerjerrod, Sandtroopers and Bikerscouts.
I am not the Stig