Author Topic: 30AC Pegwarmers?  (Read 73690 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC pegwarmers
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 05:14 PM »
I predict....

All VTAC

Rebel Honor Trooper

I gotta disagree with Quack and Artoo, I don't think the Rebel Honor Guard will be anywhere near pegwarmer status.

I guess that all depends what your definition of "pegwarmer" is.  I think you have to have 4 or more of the same figure on the peg for 2 weeks before a figure attains that classification.

Recent pegwarmers:

Bib Fortuna
Poggle the Lesser
General Riekkan
Bren Derlin
Jerjerrod
3P0 ewok chair

I mean, those are really the dregs.

Personally, I don't plan on leaving many Rebel Honor Guards behind.  That's a great lookin' figure with army builder potential.

Also, to say "all VTAC," nuh uh think again.  That snowtrooper won't be considered a "pegwarmer" by any definition, even the most lenient.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 05:24 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Also, to say "all VTAC," nuh uh think again.  That snowtrooper won't be considered a "pegwarmer" by any definition, even the most lenient.

The VTSC Biker Scout pegwarmed for quite a bit.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 07:15 PM »

I saw 1 or 2 sit on the pegs for maybe a week as opposed to 20 of other figures that was sitting there.

What's your definition of a pegwarmer?  Are you suggesting that the VTSC scout is on par with Jerjerrod?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 07:32 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 07:51 PM »

I disagree. The Scout was hard to find on our pegs in the Twin Citites.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 08:18 PM »
the only time the scout peg warmed was when they first came out in my area. and thats only because nobody knew they were out yet. :-\  But i disagree with the rebel and the lukes and the vintage figures warming. the snowtrooper and luke will be hard finds for sure.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 12:27 AM »
I can see VTAC Bossk warming for a while, and possibly the Endor Leia.  That won't stop me from buying 1 Bossk and 3 Leias for dioramas though  ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 11:45 AM »
I completely agree with Dressel. On the snowtrooper and Rebel Honor guard thing. I know that I will be buying multiples of each, and if I'm buying multiples, lots of others are as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 11:53 AM »
UK update.

I visited two TRU today and both Obi and Mace were warming the pegs, no sign of a Galactic marine anywhere.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2007, 11:37 PM »
TSC warmers:

Jerjerod
3PO w/chair
TPM ObiWan
Naboo Soldier
Rieekan
Boushh Leia

and LUSHROS, LUSHROS, LUSHROS!!!

as for TAC, only vehicles and BPs have surfaced around SJ. BPs are all illum and vehicles are actually all white TIEs (lucky for me when i hav some extra money).  :)

yesterday my dad and i went to target. we saw the last hailfire droid, but my cool dad snatched it from me! the two of us are such battlefront addicts, and that has made dad more of an SW fan (used to be a big trekkie).  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2007, 01:42 AM »
TAC has been out for a less than a week and Obi-Wan and R2 are already peg warming. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2007, 02:18 AM »
That's been my experience...  Obi starts sitting first, R2 a close second...  I think his interaction with the SBD helps him slightly, but once that novelty wears off with people he definitely starts sitting. 

The Clones, even at 2 per case, go immediately as does the McTrooper...  The SBDis a great figure and obviously it too goes.  The Lava Miner and Mace have been somewhat scarce here too, at 1 per case.  Good figures in general too.  The Lava Miner seems "substantial" in the package.  Definitely looks like a value though his poseability is supsect.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2007, 03:02 AM »
That's been my experience...  Obi starts sitting first, R2 a close second...  I think his interaction with the SBD helps him slightly, but once that novelty wears off with people he definitely starts sitting. 

Same in the UK - except that everything has been selling out eventully. Maybe they got the stock levels right or maybe people are buying for the coins but at the mment stuff is selling out.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 01:51 PM »
The Lava Miner seems "substantial" in the package.  Definitely looks like a value though his poseability is supsect.  :-\

The lava miner is apparently SA, judging from the pics ive seen at that otheR Site.

He looks cool to me from seeing those pics, and I'm excited to pick him up.  ;D

Sadly I have seen zero TAC yet, and it sucks to hear that when I do itll be all obi wans.  >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 01:56 PM »
TAC has been out for a less than a week and Obi-Wan and R2 are already peg warming. :P

I don't think any figure being on the pegs for just 1 week constitutes pegwarming.

Granted, they're probably heading there.  But why don't we give it a weekend of Mom and Dad wheeling little Timmy down the aisle in the shopping cart to see if the kidlets start demanding these.

But when they do, just make sure your 18 is where it belongs, and not in hand  ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 01:57 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 05:31 PM »
I don't consider a figure to be a pegwarmer for at least 6 months after it's release.  Having a figure on a shelf for 4 weeks to 6 months is just good availability.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com