Author Topic: JD Book Club: What Are You Reading Now?  (Read 189716 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: JD Book Club: What Are You Reading Now?
« Reply #1110 on: March 15, 2014, 08:33 AM »

Started this last night and I'm about 50 pages in.  So far it's typical of Clancy and its just a bunch of story lines to get started.  I imagine after about 100-150 pages it will really take off.

I'm reading this one now (received it for Christmas, but it's tough to read with a 3 year old and a 4 month old in the house).  It's crazy on how it's paralleling what's going on in current events in regards to the Ukraine!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 15, 2014, 10:00 AM »
Matt, that's excactly what I was thinking about the other day when I was watching some Ukraine coverage. 

Overall, I don't think the book is anywhere near as good as his previous books.  But I'll let you read on and decide that for yourself.
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: April 29, 2014, 09:32 AM »
Now reading Star Wars Abyss Fate of the Jedi #3 by Troy Denning.

Peace is the way of the Jedi. But with deadly enemies on every side, war may be the only way out.

On Coruscant, an epidemic of madness is preying on the ranks of the Jedi Order—driving the Galactic Alliance to martial actions. As Han and Leia Solo, along with their daughter, Jaina, join the fight to protect more stricken Knights from arrest, Jedi healers race to find a cure for the rapidly spreading affliction.

Meanwhile, Luke Skywalker continues his quest to find the reasons behind Jacen Solo’s dark downfall and to win redemption for the Jedi Order—a journey that draws Luke and his son, Ben, to the forbidden reaches of the Maw Cluster. There dwell the Mind Walkers: those whose power to transcend their bodies and be one with the Force is as seductive as it is potentially fatal. As Luke and Ben push their Force abilities beyond known limits, they draw closer to a nexus of dark-side energy unprecedented in its power, and to an explosive confrontation from which only one Master—good or evil—can emerge alive.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours