Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 115715 times)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #105 on: June 6, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Yay! A new Hasbro Toy Shop promo code!

SPTIER07

$10 on $50 purchases or more
$20 on $100 purchases or more
$50 on $250 purchases or more

The code is good until July 31st.

Did you read the fine print?

It says "code is not actually intended for use on Hasbro products and orders are subject to cancellation should such action be deemed necessary".

LOL

It says "code is not actually intended for use on Hasbro products and orders are subject to cancellation should such action be deemed necessary".

I see that **** scroll across the screen on Al Jazeera all the time.

LOL ditto

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 7, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I don't know if this will go anywhere or not, but on my afternoon toy run I saw numerous 30AC vehicles (V-Wing, Infiltrator, white TIE Fighter) in WM's clearance section.  However the stickers were still for full price ($19.97).  I'm going to keep an eye on those, but considering that the 30+ Vader coin albums are still sitting in the same section for full price, I don't believe they will be reduced any time soon.  They also still had the re-released Obi-Wan and Anakin ROTS Unleashed figures for full price in the clearance aisle...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 8, 2007, 12:03 PM »
I don't know if this will go anywhere or not, but on my afternoon toy run I saw numerous 30AC vehicles (V-Wing, Infiltrator, white TIE Fighter) in WM's clearance section.  However the stickers were still for full price ($19.97).  I'm going to keep an eye on those, but considering that the 30+ Vader coin albums are still sitting in the same section for full price, I don't believe they will be reduced any time soon.  They also still had the re-released Obi-Wan and Anakin ROTS Unleashed figures for full price in the clearance aisle...

The reason that you're probably seeing the vehicles at that place in the store is because WalMart's original planogram didn't provide any space for the 30AC vehicles.  Hasbro had to convince WalMart to pick up the vehicles line by making them jealous of Target and Toys R Us's sales numbers.  So now you'll see them in odd places like endcaps and clearance sections.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I know that's true at our local store - the vehicles seem to be jammed wherever there is room (the same goes for the VTSC and Father's Day packs).  They're all crammed at the end of the "extras" aisle (not clearance really, but just a mish mash of stuff in one aisle).  You can occasionally find a vehicle in the Star Wars section, but its usually full of role play lightsabers and blasters.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2007, 04:07 AM »
One of my local WM's just put all SW figures on sale for 4$ a fig regardless of whether 30AC or saga

this means that the asst of Obi-wans and maces from TAC and the 3PO's, padmes, and other final 12 saga figs are cheap for the taking now ::) :P.

DS

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2007, 07:49 AM »
One of my local WM's just put all SW figures on sale for 4$ a fig regardless of whether 30AC or saga

this means that the asst of Obi-wans and maces from TAC and the 3PO's, padmes, and other final 12 saga figs are cheap for the taking now ::) :P.

DS

Wow, that's a nice deal.  What state do you live in?  Have you seen thist at any other WM's?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2007, 09:00 AM »
One of My Local WM's has clearance stickers on all of the Saga figures. Too bad the clearance price is $6.63. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2007, 05:55 PM »
One of my local Wal-Marts did their big reset about three days after the TF movie toys hit, and it filled me with a great thrill to see all those dust-ridden Threepios, Jerjerrods, and Padmes in a cart, ready to be pushed to another aisle.  There were eight mostly empty pegs (aside from a few Kenobis, R2s, and a single Airborne Trooper) ready to be stocked with 30AC figures after months of nothing. 

Then I went back in later that afternoon and found that everything the WM morning toy employees had placed in the carts to be put on clearance were now back on the pegs, apparently put back by the afternoon employees and/or their manager.  You know, because an inch of dust makes a toy even more sellable at regular price and everything.   ::)

Final peg count:  8
Final figure count: 
1.  Endor Threepio:  27
2.  Jerjerrod:          11
3.  GB Threepio:       7
4.  GB Padme           3
5.  30AC Kenobi        3
6.  30AC R2-D2         2
7.  30AC Airborne      1

Hooray for the 29th Anniversary Collection!  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 14, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Found a weird anomaly at one of my Local WM's. Out of the new Legends wave, the Vader, Maul, 3PO and BP's are $3.50. The rest of the figures are full price. ???
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2007, 10:00 AM »
The honeymoon on Order 66 is over. They're gone to salvage price, $0.  :'(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 24, 2007, 05:08 PM »

I found 5 sets that rang up $0 today.

They gave them to me for $1.24 each.

3 Red Shock Commanders and 2 Orange AT-RT Drivers.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2007, 11:06 PM »

I found 5 sets that rang up $0 today.

3 Red Shock Commanders and 2 Orange AT-RT Drivers.

Amazing!  10 figures for under $7.   :o
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2007, 03:39 AM »
I found 5 (Order 66) sets that rang up $0 today.

Rob, did they price check them to come up with $1.24, or did you suggest that price?  I ask, 'cause I've seen a few leftover sets at $0, and just tell the cashiers the final $2.48 clearance price that they were at last week, and that's what they charge me.  But if they somehow went even lower than the 75% off, I'd probably suggest they price check them for me from now on.  I've seen 85% - 90% final clearance prices a couple times in the past, but thought it was just a bizarre circumstance.

Found a weird anomaly at one of my Local WM's. Out of the new Legends wave, the Vader, Maul, 3PO and BP's are $3.50. The rest of the figures are full price. ???

That's because all the Legends figures are under the same generic SKU as the TSC figures Anthony.  You'll see the same thing when you buy them at Target, they've got the same DCPI there, so they ring up identical to the TSC figures from last year.  Which of course means, unfortunately, that last year's TSC figures are not going to technically hit clearance at Target for a long time to come (once the Legends line has run it's course).  :-\

Also notable is that the regular 4" Battle Packs (087-06-1707) finally popped back up to full price again, effective last Thursday.  They were still sitting at $4.98 on Wednesday everywhere, but come Friday morning they were all back up to $19.99 everywhere again.  Weird.  Guess this means the newer BPs that we saw at C4 are going to start trickling out soon, hopefully.  Oh well, $4.98 was fun while it lasted!  8)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2007, 09:48 AM »

That's because all the Legends figures are under the same generic SKU as the TSC figures Anthony.  You'll see the same thing when you buy them at Target, they've got the same DCPI there, so they ring up identical to the TSC figures from last year. 
[/quote]

Are you sure about that?  I thought Wal-Mart set up pricing by UPC for each figure.  They won't let you buy one character and return a different one, and having each character in the system allows them to do that, whereas Target will accept anything with the same DPCI.  They might batch code pricing among a group of items, but i think each one has its own WM code.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2007, 09:55 AM »

That's because all the Legends figures are under the same generic SKU as the TSC figures Anthony.  You'll see the same thing when you buy them at Target, they've got the same DCPI there, so they ring up identical to the TSC figures from last year. 

Are you sure about that?  I thought Wal-Mart set up pricing by UPC for each figure.  They won't let you buy one character and return a different one, and having each character in the system allows them to do that, whereas Target will accept anything with the same DPCI.  They might batch code pricing among a group of items, but i think each one has its own WM code.
[/quote]

You're right. Otherwise all the Legends figures would be $3.50. I had been meaning to compare the individual UPC's on the TSC stuff to see if there's a match to the TAC which is generating the price match. In lieu of that, perhaps the character name is triggering it.