Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 116093 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #270 on: December 7, 2007, 06:53 PM »

Sorry, but I think you're high.  I've been reloading HTS for half an hour now and none of wave 7.5 or 8 appear have been available... :P

You missed it.  I've posted before when **** has been in stock, and taken out of my cart within a minute before I could even check out.  It just happened to Ice with the Hawkbat clone as well.

Anyhow, my last 3 purchases from HTS have been that way, ever since they instituted that "1 per customer" thing.  I don't know why, but I used to buy many multiples in 1 shot, and not be in fear of it being taken out of my cart 60 seconds later as I was checking out.

Today I got lucky I guess.  If you want I can post a digital pic of me unpacking the box when it gets here.  I don't know what else to tell you.  I've been there, take a look at my post from November 27th - HTS's version of "Gone in 60 seconds"
« Last Edit: December 7, 2007, 06:59 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #271 on: December 7, 2007, 07:01 PM »
Damn i must have just missed 7.5 and 8. Oh well, glad to be done with 7 at least
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 7, 2007, 07:11 PM »
Damn i must have just missed 7.5 and 8. Oh well, glad to be done with 7 at least

It seems like they have been putting infinitesimally small amounts of the newer waves of figures up at a time, of the newer waves, and on top of that have slapped the "1 per customer" rule on them as well.  I have ordered from HTS.com a lot, and I have never been met with these 5 minute windows, and 1 per customer obstacles before about a month ago.  This has been a new thing.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #273 on: December 7, 2007, 07:14 PM »

It seems like they have been putting infinitesimally small amounts of the newer waves of figures up at a time, of the newer waves, and on top of that have slapped the "1 per customer" rule on them as well.  I have ordered from HTS.com a lot, and I have never been met with these 5 minute windows, and 1 per customer obstacles before about a month ago.  This has been a new thing.

I was noticing that too Matt. I wanted to pick up a half dozen A-Wing pilots with the coupon code but I'm not allowed to. :( The McSnowtrooper does appear to be in stock for anyone still in need of that one.
"This is the way."

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 7, 2007, 09:57 PM »
It was nice to have a better selection when they had so many figures up. I picked up a McSolo, Tycho and a couple of different clones.
I remember my dream now.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 8, 2007, 01:25 AM »
McSolo is back up on HTS if anyone needs it.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #276 on: December 8, 2007, 01:48 AM »
Unfortunately I got home late and missed out on catching myself up on everything for 2007. ;)

Hopefully soon I can so I can capitalize on that coupon...  Would be nice to wrap this crap up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 8, 2007, 03:21 AM »
What does/did the Endor AT-AT sell for in the US?  Up here, TRU has bumped their price up $10 to $99.99CDN.   ::)

(I'm bitter because I put it on my Xmas list that I gave to my brother  ;))

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #278 on: December 8, 2007, 03:39 AM »
I think it was $89.99 here?  I forget now though exactly Jess, but I'm thinking it was that... 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 8, 2007, 07:50 AM »
Yup...I paid $89.99 for mine here in the great world of Minnesota.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 8, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I've seen more that one Target raise the price of the Wow BP's to $59.99. :(
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 8, 2007, 03:39 PM »
I just read at RS their round up of Hasbro ?'s that the price of the comic packs is going up to 11.99 staring next year. Some dumbass actually asked Hasbro to raise the price sot hey could get "better" articulated figures! I thought the purpose of the comic packs was to give the collector a break on the price since it was cheaper to pack the figures this way,according to Hasbro. Well cross these off my list for a maybe buy next year!  >:(

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #282 on: December 8, 2007, 03:46 PM »
A buck on two figures for, essentially, $5 won't break me, but it's annoying for certain...  And any tool asking FOR a price increase is really just not thinking straight.  Sure it'd be great if they follow-through with an articulation increase across the board with this increase in price, but the odds of that happening?  Slim and none...  Hasbro doesn't do anything across the board with price increases...

So that's the way the ball bounces I guess.

"A fool and his money..." and all that jazz.  Clearly he wants people to take his cash.

Ideally the figures would improve slightly, but really most of them were pretty decent to begin with.  Move Luke's ankle joints to his knees and he's suddenly a much cooler figure.  That could be said for several others too.  Relying on Hasbro to "come through" for you on that price increase doesn't seem realistic to me I'm afraid.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Sale...
« Reply #283 on: December 15, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Hello to all I have not touched basis in a while :o)

FYI - this place is having a pretty good sale on action figures:

http://www.scifigenre.com/newSaleItems.aspx?nDepth=1&sid=K2RU2H0YSOIKHHQ&nNewItemCategoryID=202

I saw stuff like $1.90 Galactic Heroes - free shipping on $75 or more if you can find that much stuff to buy.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Sale...
« Reply #284 on: December 15, 2007, 02:00 PM »
Thanks, nice find, there's some good stuff in there.