Author Topic: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!  (Read 115745 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Prices - Sales, Discounts, Price Hikes!
« Reply #285 on: December 27, 2007, 10:47 AM »
Entertainment Earth currently has the TRU Ex X-Wing on sale for $25 if anyone is interested.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 29, 2007, 07:19 PM »
Target has Holidays stuff 50-75% off, this incudes the holidays Snowglobes w/ Vader and Yoda and a bunch of Star Wars tree decorations ect.,

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 31, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Don't know if this has been reported or not but my local Sears Grand had Star Wars figures at $5.24 and the Expanded Universe 2 packs for $8 something.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: January 1, 2008, 02:05 PM »
Any active HTS.com codes I should know about?

The new GH 2 packs are in stock...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 1, 2008, 02:37 PM »
Any active HTS.com codes I should know about?

The new GH 2 packs are in stock...

The best one I can find is pony10 - for 10% off.  *shrugs* it pays the tax.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 4, 2008, 05:10 PM »
Target Comic Pack price is now 12.07 in California.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 5, 2008, 09:46 AM »

Not everywhere, yet. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 7, 2008, 10:26 PM »

It about 12.30 in Colorado Springs. Gotta save my pennies to get these now.
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #293 on: January 7, 2008, 11:10 PM »
I believe I saw them for $10 or $11.99, forget which, but it was an increase...  Target's becoming less and less a place that I stop for SW.  They still haven't gotten new figures in around me anyway. :(  They're so far away though, I doubt they miss my business, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 8, 2008, 05:18 AM »
Target's becoming less and less a place that I stop for SW.  They still haven't gotten new figures in around me anyway. :(  They're so far away though, I doubt they miss my business, haha.

I still haven't seen anything after Legends and Wave 4 put out in bulk in any of the Targets in my neck of the woods.  I have a feeling that all through Feb and March, waves 5 through 8 are going to hit en masse.  That's how it worked with the Appo waves last year.  I was buying Appos in Target in May.

Walmart and TRU have been awesome.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2008, 05:18 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #295 on: January 8, 2008, 05:25 PM »
Target is becoming less of a stop for me too. Where in the hell do they dig up the pricing numbers $12.07? $12.30? I have even seen some other products at $30.49 a other weird numbers. Round up or round down, this weird pricing may have played into the fact that Target was the biggest Toy loser this holiday season. Their numbers in toys overall was way down from last year.

Anyway back to topic...I found a Vader coin albums at $5.00 each at Wal-Mart & GIJOE 5 packs at 17.49 at Target.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2008, 05:27 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 9, 2008, 09:04 AM »
Target is becoming less of a stop for me too. Where in the hell do they dig up the pricing numbers $12.07? $12.30? I have even seen some other products at $30.49 a other weird numbers. Round up or round down, this weird pricing may have played into the fact that Target was the biggest Toy loser this holiday season. Their numbers in toys overall was way down from last year.

I don't get it either. We have 8 Targets in my immediate area and two of them at the one end of town always seem to flirt with jacking the basic figure price up a buck. I've asked management why that is and they say it really depends on how close the closest WM is, if there isn't one close, they can jack up the price because of lack of competition. This is obviously BS since these stores are closest to one of only three WM's in town. One is in walking distance. My guess is that the Target's in question are in the richer part of town.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 9, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Target has a set grouping of stores in each region that test higher pricing versus their other stores in the area.  We have 30+ Targets around Minneapolis and you can clearly locate the test stores, which are often 5-10 miles away from a store with lower prices. 

There is an initiative to comp to Wal-Mart, but they are also just testing sales rates at different prices.  If they found that profit improved despite a volume decline, they would then have rationale to increase prices across all stores.  Nifty way to test higher pricing, but frustrating for consumers who prefer to shop at the HP stores.

I usually don't let it affect my purchasing if I find something rare, but I try to not buy common stuff at the pricier stores and always try to make my returns to those stores to put them at a disadvantage.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 9, 2008, 10:30 AM »
This has probably been discussed, but the locals are saying they found $7.57 prices for basic figures at our local Targets - presumably it is the new sticker for 2008 product.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: January 9, 2008, 10:33 AM »
This has probably been discussed, but the locals are saying they found $7.57 prices for basic figures at our local Targets - presumably it is the new sticker for 2008 product.

At a few of the price testing stores mentioned above, we had Saga/Legends figs at 7.64 for most of last year, so could be just this subset of stores using that price.  Never made sense to me that they would put Legends $.65 higher than the basic line, which was being priced at $6.99 in those stores.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today