Author Topic: Question for the Collectors with Kids  (Read 3253 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Question for the Collectors with Kids
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 10:53 PM »
As a new dad, I've given this some considerable thought and moved my more valuable pieces to higher locations.  I am also lucky int hat I have a seperate room for most of my things, so I can eventually put a lock on the door.  I am saving a few extra pieces for the kids to open though if they end up being interested in SW.  Would be awesome to have had a 15 year old star wars ship new in package to just tear into as a kid.   ;D
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 07:59 PM »
While my children can't touch some of the prototypes (unless it's a modern era mold injected piece) here's an image of how I felt about two years ago.

It's the same 12 inch IG-88 I had played with and displayed all those years ago.  My son and daughter have free reign over the modern era production items.  They are just toys.  It was great to see my son's eyes light up and get excited playing with the same toy I did.

I plan on putting a collection room together.  Two years ago my basement flooded and is currently in shambles, so there's nothing on display that the kids can touch.  A lock is the best bet.  As soon as a child is old enough to start buidling ladders to climb with chairs and tables etc. nothing is safe, no matter how high off the floor it is.  ;D

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com
LEAD EDITOR
BLACK S. U. N.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2007, 02:29 PM »

I plan on putting a collection room together.  Two years ago my basement flooded and is currently in shambles, so there's nothing on display that the kids can touch.  A lock is the best bet.  As soon as a child is old enough to start buidling ladders to climb with chairs and tables etc. nothing is safe, no matter how high off the floor it is.  ;D

Robert

Cute picture!!!  Although, I think he is bending that rare IG-88 rifle...  ;D
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2007, 07:22 PM »
I usually only let mine play with the custom fodder stuff, although them being girls they're mostly intrested in there girly stuff like Barbie's and My little pony so don't really have to worry.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2007, 08:21 PM »
JediJman wrote:

"Cute picture!!!  Although, I think he is bending that rare IG-88 rifle...  ;D"

Sems Fir writes:

Thank you!!  I figured he would just replace it with the lollipop from his other hand.  :)  The image is two years old.  Now he has more Star Wars to play with, and is getting involved in the action figures.  He loves Empire and the battle in the snow.   For him the AT-AT's rule.  He loves the AT-AT's so much that for his last birthday he received the POTF2 version in the first release box.  Hopefully my daughter may someday at least watch the films, but she's too young right now.  If you'd like I can videotape my son ripping open a carded figure such as a vintage POTF Han Carbonite that I purchased from my youth.  ;D

Robert
www.behindthetoys.com
LEAD EDITOR
BLACK S. U. N.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2007, 10:36 PM »
If you'd like I can videotape my son ripping open a carded figure such as a vintage POTF Han Carbonite that I purchased from my youth.  ;D

Robert

Nooooooooooooooo!  You wouldn't dare... :o

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 05:05 PM »
I dare you.

;)

Offline Sems Fir

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • www.behindthetoys.com