Author Topic: TRU Arena Encounter Battle Pack  (Read 26393 times)

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Arena Encounter Battle Pack
« Reply #75 on: July 24, 2007, 02:46 AM »
I might get this if the price is not too high. I'm only interested in the creatures. The figures are sad ::). I wish Hasbro would wise up and stop repacking these sorry figures into the battle packs. There are so many better choices than what they come up with.

The saddest thing is that Hasbro doesn't loose anything from this type of crap. They get their money for the stuff, it's the retailer that looses out. And I can say if this is a high price point they will be collecting dust on the shelves. I always wonder who the biggest moron is, the one that comes up with these sets or the one that agrees to have them exclusive ::)?
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #76 on: July 24, 2007, 11:19 AM »
The Obi-Wan in question appears to be the April 23rd basic release from the 2002 line (the one with the Assassin Droid and the metal hand), to me at least.

Look closer... it's the Acklay Battle version

Ah, so it is.  Guess my eyes aren't what they used to be.  I was mistaking the belt for that bandolier thingy on the CW Obi-Wan and didn't even see the spear.  Still a pass for me...and what about that Anakin?  Is it "slice and dice" Ani?

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 24, 2007, 11:42 AM »
I always wonder who the biggest moron is, the one that comes up with these sets or the one that agrees to have them exclusive ::)?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge.  Obviously the 'exclusive' formula works, otherwise why would we see so many of them?

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 24, 2007, 12:21 PM »
I always wonder who the biggest moron is, the one that comes up with these sets or the one that agrees to have them exclusive ::)?

I wouldn't be so quick to judge.  Obviously the 'exclusive' formula works, otherwise why would we see so many of them?

Yeah but usually they sit on the shelf collecting dust, unless they're at Target which will quickly be put on clearance.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 24, 2007, 03:36 PM »

Only works for certain exclusives. Plus I am quick to judge as everyone and there bother is trying to get a cut of Star Wars profit without thinking if it will even sell. You see it in many of these new exclusives coming, which has a big number of members saying they are going to pass on them. Also I agree with what jedipurge said:

Yeah but usually they sit on the shelf collecting dust, unless they're at Target which will quickly be put on clearance.

If you count all of the exclusives you will find a small number of success ratio to the ones that flop. Plus I really only count the success of an exclusive if you can still sell it for what you paid for it or then some after the fact. Only a very small number fit into that. It seems like after Saga line during AOTC all exclusives started going down hill. POTF2 and most of POTJ are the best IMO as Hasbro didn't have anything better to repack or they were new.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 24, 2007, 03:58 PM »
To each his own I guess.

Around my parts, exclusives do very well and I can only recall a handful of flops in contrast to your recollection of a handful of successes.

Undoubtedly, the exclusive formula is working - you must presume both parties are satisfied with sales otherwise they would cease to develop new skus.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2007, 09:32 AM »
I agree with Ruiner, the exclusives are in large part a success and that's due to the "target" consumer, children. These multipacks are the ones that are scooped up by parents and and grandparents as birthday and Christmas gifts. Mark my words, these will all be gone come the holidays.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2007, 11:06 AM »
I don't know about exclusives always doing well.  I know of two TRU's that both have about 35-40 Bantha packs, and 10-15 Dagobah X-wings.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com