Author Topic: TRU Gold Squadron Y-Wing Fighter  (Read 52373 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
TRU Gold Squadron Y-Wing Fighter
« on: February 25, 2007, 03:38 PM »
At Rebelscum, with the Geonosis Creatures, they have the SKN # for the Y-wing (29.99) and The Tie Interceptor (34.99).

I know its a rumor, but if confirmed. I will buy both of the vehicles because I don't have them.

For the Y-Wing, I hope that it will have the empty R2 Socket like the Vintage version and the recent X-Wing Fighter  ;D.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 09:06 PM by Jeff »

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: TRU Exclusive Gold Y-Wing
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 03:56 PM »
The empty socket would be nice and a decent pack-in pilot to.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 04:08 PM »
The empty socket would be about the only thing of interest here.  A removable droid we don't have would be nice, too, but I don't see that happening.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 04:15 PM »
I'll consider it if there's an empty droid socket in back. But I already have the POTF2 version, andI skipped the OTC one. If they're just a new paint job, I'll skip this.

I will, however, buy another TIE Interceptor.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 06:32 PM »
I'll take both, if the rumors are true. With each vehicle, I currently have three units (2 POTFII Y-wings, 1 OTC... 3 POTJ TIE Interceptors). Seeing as how both the Y-Wing and the Interceptor are some of my absolute favorite OT ships, I can conscience another hypothetical pick-up.

I am given pause, however, to think that the Y-Wing is basically just going to be the same as the 1999 release. If that's the case, I'll probably either pass or score only one unit. I would really like the droid slot to be open, so that I can at long last put an R5 unit in the space, but attm I'm dubious. Time will tell, as Hasbro has suprised the "collective we" (Cha-zam!) before!  ;)

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:21 AM »
I could always use another Y-Wing.  I have the vintage one and the latest one to come out (TRU exclusive?  I dunno, that's where I got it though) but did not buy the Target exclusive one.  This one will be my 3rd.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 03:11 AM »
Short of a full resculpt or a REALLY annoyingly impressive pack-in, I'll pass on this...  The Y-Wing is one of the vintage hold-overs I wish they'd let go of and give us a scaled ship.  It's actually not that large and with some "assembly required" on the nacels (honestly I'd love "blast off" Nacels, that'd kick ass), it'd fit in a smaller box than the OTC one did I think.

Love the Y-Wing as a ship, hate the Kenner mold...  It looks comically bad compared to almost any of the modern TIE's we have like Vader's, Bomber, Large Wing or the Interceptor.  :-\  This and the AT-ST are high up there on my list of things I'd love to see completely redone from the ground up.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29 AM »
I hope the give us better front guns. That shouldn't be hard to do.

I would also hope to see the '99 release paint scheme, I could do with one more.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 09:29 AM »
When they say "gold," are they referring to the yellow one that Target had a few years back?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 09:36 AM »
When they say "gold," are they referring to the yellow one that Target had a few years back?

I would think so. I believe that that was the original intention of the color schemes then the original movie was made, that the color of the squadron reflected the color of the highlights on the ships.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 09:51 AM »
If this is true, I'll be happy to pick up the Y-Wing.  Its one of the few OT ships left that I missed the first time, and I hope this rumor turns out to be true so I can knock that one off the list.  I picked up the last release of the Interceptor, but its probably a good ship to get out there again.  The Arena beast pack rumor is interesting, probably a three pack of the Reek, Nexu, and Acklay.  I never did see an Acklay back during the initial run, but at this point, I don't think I really care.  I certainly wouldn't pay $60 to get it :).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 11:30 AM »
Star Wars Gold Squadron Y-Wing Fighter - $29.99

Looks like it will be here this summer (6/15).   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Here's hoping for pack-in that doesn't interest me so i wont have to buy it
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 01:37 PM »
I don't have the POTF2 or OTC versions, so I think I might splurge and grab this one.  I definitely prefer the gold/yellow paint scheme (compared the red and blue version from the OTC), so it has really piqued my interest.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 02:55 PM »
Short of a full resculpt or a REALLY annoyingly impressive pack-in, I'll pass on this...  The Y-Wing is one of the vintage hold-overs I wish they'd let go of and give us a scaled ship.  It's actually not that large and with some "assembly required" on the nacels (honestly I'd love "blast off" Nacels, that'd kick ass), it'd fit in a smaller box than the OTC one did I think.

Love the Y-Wing as a ship, hate the Kenner mold...  It looks comically bad compared to almost any of the modern TIE's we have like Vader's, Bomber, Large Wing or the Interceptor.  :-\  This and the AT-ST are high up there on my list of things I'd love to see completely redone from the ground up.

I agree with you completely on both the Y-Wing and the AT-ST. The sculpts are so hopelessly outdated and underscaled...
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram