Author Topic: TRU 181st Elite TIE Interceptor  (Read 18532 times)

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC TRU Exclusive TIE Interceptor
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 12:51 PM »
new pic up on RS. question to those who know the ships background.....why is there little y-wings and x-wings painted on it? :S
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 12:57 PM »
Has nothing to do with the ship's background, it's just how many kills it has made.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 02:03 PM »
Yeah, which is odd in a way because it seems like they've just slapped one of each fighter type on there, nothing flashy...  Rogue Squad pilots have the same thing on their ship in the comics as well, like for instance Wedge has a bunch of fighter kill markings but also has a couple Death Star markings as well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 02:52 PM »
oh cool. and i thought hasbro had just thrown it on for fun :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2007, 06:26 PM »
Anyone planning on picking up a few of these and would be willing to part with just one of the figures? Let me know  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 12:30 AM »
This ship is looking very nice, even though the paint looks as if someone got bored and slapped four strips of red tape on the wings of a normal TIE Interceptor. I do, however, enjoy the kill marks on the side of the ship. I've always enjoyed that concept, especially on the Republic Gunship from the Clone Wars line. I can't wait to purchase this and display it chasing my X-Wing. The $30 price point and the pack in pilot makes me want to get two of these awesome ships, but I think I'm going to stick with one and try to purchase two of the $20 TIE fighters instead. 

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2007, 03:51 AM »
I'm wagering the pilot shall blow though, as he's non-descript in the text there, and thus I dont' think we're getting a cool Baron Fel figure just yet. 

That's a pretty cynical stance on the matter.  I would think that Hasbro would repaint the Saga Gold TIE Pilot in 181st colors in this instance and pack that with this Interceptor.  I think that's one of the more underrated army builders we've gotten in the past 3-4 years.

If it were a better figure I'd agree...  It's an ok figure, but I don't really see it as "underated" at all since people liked it but it lacks a lot of the poseability (in the arms only though, it's close) of troopers...  but as army builders go it's short of greatness to me.  Needs work.  I thought it needed work in the arms department at the time of its release actually, and stand by that.  Nice sculpt though...  Given the Death Star Trooper though, it's not even in the ballpark with him.

But that aside, a TIE Pilot with a red stripe's...  "eh" at best even if he was a better figure I think, especially since the EU character these Int's are specifically related to really wasn't just a TIE Pilot with a red stripe...  It'd have been nice to get a little better figure but I also am one of the first ones to hate exclusive pack-ins too so that's a double-edged sword I guess.  It might mean Fel's on their radar though, which is nice for fans of his.

I have to agree with Jesse on the Saga TIE Pilot. He is a good figure, but the arm thing really bugs me. The right arm articulation is a joke as if you straighten the arm, it is shorter than his left. Why did they bother to articulate the arm (with that problem) is unknown to me. Other than the arms I can live with the figure. It would be cool if they redo the arms to correct the problem, but that will never happen. Most likely they will make a vintage version sometime in the future and suck more money out of everyone. He might even cost $14 or more as the way the prices on them keep raising.

I might pick one of these or not. I haven't made up my mind yet.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2007, 04:42 AM »
Cool would be if they take the DS Gunner figure from last year, make a chest armor piece w/chest box and removable helmet.  THAT would be a net TIE Pilot figure.  :)  Nicely articulated/neutral, and full removable gear like the DS Gunner.  And in theory the OTC Pilots would still be practical and blend in well, as the figure itself is pretty accurate, it just could be a better figure in general.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2007, 09:30 AM »
Anyone planning on picking up a few of these and would be willing to part with just one of the figures? Let me know  ;D

I might need to do that with three of them. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2007, 11:30 AM »
That's exactly what I was thinking too, Jesse, the DS Gunner would be a good base for a new TIE Pilot.  I still like the Saga one, but we needs a new one. 

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2007, 06:08 PM »
If anyone is looking to get rid of one of two of the pack-in pilots, please shoot me a PM!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2007, 06:25 PM »
Could happen with me, I'll let everyone know.  Depends how easy to find the fighter is and what I can afford at the time.  I'd kinda dig two or three of the Int, as I'd like 2 normal ones and one for Fel at some point.  If I have extras I'll remember this thread.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2007, 09:41 AM »
I had been thinkiing of picking up extra Barons to trade for the 181 pilots. I wonder if that will fly.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2007, 03:50 PM »
Cool would be if they take the DS Gunner figure from last year, make a chest armor piece w/chest box and removable helmet.  THAT would be a net TIE Pilot figure.  :)  Nicely articulated/neutral, and full removable gear like the DS Gunner.  And in theory the OTC Pilots would still be practical and blend in well, as the figure itself is pretty accurate, it just could be a better figure in general.

Couldn't they just use the AT-AT pilot paint him up black and use the arms/legs of DS Gunner.  No real retooling/resculpting needed I'd think unless you want that helmet removable.  You'd have to change the hose on the helmet and that's it.  That's the kind of parts rehashing I wouldn't mind.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2007, 04:07 PM »
This TIE is an easy pass for me... running out of room for ships now, and if it's not something that really interests me, I'm not going to be making purchases like this one.  I really can't stand the stripes on this thing.  It just looks... out of place.  I do think the pilot looks nice, but I think I cold probably paint my own rather than spend the $$$ on this.

Now, this is a vehicle I can't wait to get a few of.  Somehow I'll find room for a handful of them -

:P