Author Topic: TRU 181st Elite TIE Interceptor  (Read 18531 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC TRU Exclusive TIE Interceptor
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2007, 04:22 PM »
The AT-AT Driver and TIE Pilot have pretty distinctly different helmets and I believe their bodyarmor as well has significant differences also...  Not to mention the boots too now that I think about it.  So yeah I'd be happier seeing the Death Star Gunner used as the base, or at least his arms/legs since they're kind of "ideal" without super articulating them, and then from there  either a new body that incorporates removable armor/helmet, or a whole new torso since I don't know that the "hood" was on TIE Pilots from anything I can see in pictures.

But yeah, the AT-AT Driver's helmet, armor, and boots are pretty substantially different from the TIE Pilot's, so I don't think I'd be into that myself as a repaint.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 6, 2007, 04:42 PM »

But yeah, the AT-AT Driver's helmet, armor, and boots are pretty substantially different from the TIE Pilot's, so I don't think I'd be into that myself as a repaint.

Ya but then again the scout trooper is pretty different then the 41st Elite, yet Hasbro still tried to pass it off with a repaint.   :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #62 on: July 7, 2007, 03:13 AM »
Doesn't make it "right" to me though, so I'm still against it (and waiting on a good/accurate 41st Elite Trooper in the meantime). ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2007, 09:13 AM »
It just occurred to me to paint over the red stripe to turn this ship into a standard fighter. The black will be easy, how hard would it be to match the gray?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2007, 10:00 AM »
These have hit the shelves in Singapre accoring to a scummer (he has pleanty of proof.) Guess they're on their way then.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TRU 181st Squadron TIE Interceptor
« Reply #65 on: August 5, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Word on the street that these are shipping from TRU.com. Guess that mean it's time to keep an eye out at TRU.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: TRU 181st Elite TIE Interceptor
« Reply #66 on: August 6, 2007, 09:51 AM »
I hope i can just get the figure from somewhere.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 6, 2007, 11:23 AM »
I hope i can just get the figure from somewhere.

Yah, the exclusive figure with vehicle I don't need concept is not sitting well with me.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2007, 10:18 PM »
Just came home from TRU where I picked this guy up. Overall, it's a pretty great repaint of an already great fighter. I'm loving the fact we get an EU vehicle and one from the X-Wing Novels/Comics to boot! The paint apps on the kill marks on the cockpit are perfect on my fighter, not a blemish at all. The stripes on the wings are pretty good, but they are not even at the point between solar panels where there is the vertical ridge. The pilot is well painted as well, no blemishes either and I'm glad to see they used the SAGA sculpt this time. I'm stoked that I got this and was able to use the 20% coupon as well, so an added bonus as well. They are out there peoples, have at them!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 10:23 PM by CorranHorn »
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2007, 10:53 PM »
Well....At least one of us was able to find this thing before the coupon expired.. ::)    I assume they'll start stocking these things en masse this week.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2007, 01:31 AM »
Nice score Jason...

Looks good and I'm excited to get two or three.  I'd like (ideal) 3 so I could have Fel with one, maybe add a couple kill markings to it too including a cruiser and such, and then have two flanking him in a flight.  When the ship's good I'm all about picking up extras.  The only thing that would hold me back much is price...  Still, I have 3 Target TIE's and looking to get a 2nd TRU TIE at some point.  When it's done right, I'm all about extras, and the Interceptor's a great ship.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2007, 06:48 AM »
I know i mentioned this much earlier in this thread somewhere but if someone is getting multiple ships and is willing to part with on eof the pilots let me know.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2007, 09:14 AM »
Cracked one of these open last night. Nice little ship, but not for $35. Seriously, why does this cost more than the Y-wing? It's my first "new canopy" TIE and I like that design. Now to remove those pesky stripes.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2007, 09:21 AM »
For what it's worth, I've removed the red stripe one of my Interceptors. Goof off worked, but it took a little elbow grease since the red paint is so thick. The only drawback is that it takes the weathered detail off as well, so I have a few very clean spots. I simply painted over the black.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2007, 12:51 PM »
I noticed yesterday that our local store did have these out on the shelves.  I was surprised how compact a box they put it in.  The pilot actually looked kind of cool, but I passed.  Not too bad of a ship though, but I'm happy with the previous Interceptor I have.  No sign of the Y-Wing at our stores yet, but I got on via TRU.com.