Author Topic: Shamrock Shake Lovers Unite!  (Read 34722 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Shamrock Shake Lovers Unite!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 12:39 AM »
I've never experienced the pleasures of a Shamrock Shake in my entire life.

Also, (and I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but) I haven't eaten a McDonald's "hamburger" since April 2001 at a McDonald's inside a Wal-Mart store in Renton, Washington (final resting place of a certain Mr. Jimi Hendrix--the town, not the McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart).  And even that was under duress.

Perhaps I should rectify both sometime soon?

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:47 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 01:01 AM »
I think I've had a grand total of one McDonald's hamburger in my entire life.

I guess I've always been a McNugget man myself.

I've never had the shake either - didn't know it existed until I saw this thread... I generally only get McDonalds 2 or 3 times a year, and only when I'm traveling. 

I might go find myself one of these this weekend.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 07:26 AM »
I have probably eaten more McDonalds in my life than I probably should have, but I too have yet to try a Shamrock shake.  I always get the chocolate shake.  Maybe I'll have to give it a try this March.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 09:25 AM »
Oh man, the Shamrock Shake. I haven't had one in at least 2 years. Last time, I bought the largest one they had (32 or 48 oz) and drank it in about 5 minutes. Words can't even describe the sickness I felt after that. Though i'm oddly craving one now that I think of it.  :P

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 09:45 AM »
Never had a Shamrock shake until last year. Made it a point to go out and get one since I never eat at Micky D's. It was... okay.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 09:57 AM »
I have the fondest memories of consuming Shamrock Shakes when I was a wee lad in the '70s. Those were definitely the best.

I remember trying to get one several years ago, only to receive a rather blank (blanker, I guess) expression from the zitty, porcine-faced McD's cashier. Then, only like two years ago, my wife, after hearing my endless bleatings of how this delicious green concoction wasn't available any longer, told me there was a McD's up the road that had them advertised. Needless to say, I jumped in the truck and picked up the largest size they had.

It was totally not how I remembered it.  :-X

However, I may have to try to get a hold of another one this year just to make sure it wasn't just an off-day for the Shamrock Shake machine. 

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Well after reading all of this, I decided that I'd compromise my diet, as well as ignore my doc's orders to cut out the sugar, and try one.

My corner McD's didn't have them.  But since I'd already decided to cheat, I came back to the office and ate a piece of the homemade fudge that someone brought in.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 08:54 PM »
So my wife had a late meeting today, and had to pick up dinner for herself and the girls on the way home.  She brought me a gift... a large Shamrock Shake!
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 08:59 PM »
I FOUND A SHAMROCK SHAKE!

Sure it's two days late but what the hey? Found it at my local Mickey Dee's that I've been checking every day for the past 4,000,000 weeks, but they just got 'em in today.

Excuse while I continue to enjoy Uncle O' Grimacy's minty shake.

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 09:08 PM »
 :( Those Shamrock Shakes never hit my area.I'm very disappointed :'(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52 PM »
I have an aquaintance who owns a few McD's here locally.  Asked him to hook me up to the green...he said he doesn't carry them because he has to throw away more than he sells every year.

Bummer.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Jediknight760071

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2007, 01:12 AM »
None around Orange County, CA. Not this year I guess, but hopefully next year or maybe a late supply in April or some such nonsense.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2007, 09:00 AM »
I have never heard of these until today. Never seen them advertised or anything. Very odd. ???

Me too  ???
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2007, 01:11 PM »
I've never experienced the pleasures of a Shamrock Shake in my entire life.

Also, (and I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but) I haven't eaten a McDonald's "hamburger" since April 2001 at a McDonald's inside a Wal-Mart store in Renton, Washington (final resting place of a certain Mr. Jimi Hendrix--the town, not the McDonald's inside the Wal-Mart).  And even that was under duress.

Perhaps I should rectify both sometime soon?

I think it might be worth dropping by to try the shake.  As for rectifying the situation regarding the hamburger, why bother?  I eat there far, far too much (small towns along the highway always have one and I have lots of windshield time) but it's a matter of convenience and I seldom opt for the burgers these days anyway.  I may not be a fan of SuperSize Me or Fast Food Nation, but it doesn't mean I'd actually suggest the food is good.

Anyone ever have Arctic Orange shakes at their McD's?  I much preferred those over the Shamrock shakes anyday, but they were never around as dependably.  I always wondered if it was a major initiative or just some weird Manitoba thing.  I am a huge fan of fake orange flavoring though, in chocolate most notably. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Arctic orange. Ok, I too have not eaten anything at McDonalds in at least 7 years so i am out of the loop. My girlfriend wanted something from burger king last week so i had some onion rings and that was the first time in at least 2 years there.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"