Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48889 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2007, 01:40 PM »
Im cool with buying two. Im very glad were getting the shield, its long overdue! I hope it doesnt turn out being disappointing... :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2007, 07:40 AM »
From Rebelscum

« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 12:02 PM by Jeff »

Offline commandernarra

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2007, 08:05 AM »
They all look fantastic and Padme, Jango, and Voolvif shine.
Jesse should be pleased with the clone in training gear... looks SA
The concept rebel isn't the choice I thought they'd go with but might make a good  custom armoured Alderaanian soldier. The colours just seem right for that

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2007, 08:47 AM »
Nice wave! The Lunchtime Clone looks great, though I don't see the need for the removable armor. EU McQuarrie Rebel looks interesting as well.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Jango and Voolvif seem to be the winners of the wave for me. I am not too crazy about the Padme, i hope the feather type top is removable.  ;D ;)
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2007, 09:19 AM »
Mixed bag for me. I'm not digging the Clone's snap on armor, Padme looks great, so does Jango. Looks like there's nothing new with the Destroyer droid without the shield. The Wolf Jedi looks cool, but the Concept Rebel Trooper looks weird (but I have to admit I've never seen the art of this character before.)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2007, 10:00 AM »
I'm with evenflow...I have no idea why the hell that feather top is there.  Its not even CLOSE to movie accurate and looks like absolute ****

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2007, 10:06 AM »
SON OF A *****

this wave isnt even going to be coming to Canada. stupid hasbro.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2007, 10:51 AM »
I kind of wonder if that shall is removeable?  Probably not.  Eh, I still like that Padme.  I like the rest of the figures as well.  A nice way to round out the year IMO. 

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2007, 11:49 AM »
I'm with evenflow...I have no idea why the hell that feather top is there.  Its not even CLOSE to movie accurate and looks like absolute ****

I'd say its pretty accurate. Padme was wearing the feathery portion at the dinner itself:

Fireside she removed it so Ani could she her boobies.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 11:54 AM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2007, 12:28 PM »
Lots to enjoy there I think... 

-Padme...  I'm not a Padme fan, but I'm pretty confident in saying that the shoulder feathers are removable Scott.  By my eyes, I see a large seam around the top of that piece, and I'm just gonna go on a limb and say that's removable right now.  It's definitely oversized if it isn't removable, by quite a bit, so I think that's made to pop off.  Don't fret yet on it I think. ;)

-Destroyer...  Hey, I'm ok with anything that doesn't have an action feature and missle launcher on it.  That looks like a fine update to me.

-Clone...  I'm happy as a clam on that one.  Looks to be super articulated, and the removable armor is just a bonus at that point to make the clone more interesting I think.  Honestly I'll just toss it in the fodder bin and be content with a SA version of the final movie Clone they have yet to make (IIRC).

-Jango...  Not sure yet on my opinion on him.  He has armored shins but I can't see what's doin' under the poncho and things.  I'm probably going to like that one ultimately, as he too looks quite articulated, but he also looks like he won't be an "ultimate" Jango either since I can see he's not wearing his armor on his sleeves...  He'll be cool, but I'm still anxiously awaiting a SA Jango in his armor.

-Voolviff(sp?)...  The wolf Jedi was a pretty cool and minor guy in Clone Wars, so I'm all about picking up a figure of him.  I am however annoyed that it seems as though his knee joints are not there, and he has ankle articulation instead.  I hate figures with ankle joints and no knee articulation...  I'm hoping I'm wrong but the picture seems to be telling me that there's no knee joints.  That'll suck, but otherwise I love it.

-McRebel...  I'm guessing by the build that's to be a female character.  I'm sort of shocked (and disappionted slightly) that Hasbro didn't go with a Hoth design.  A) they're radically different from the Hoth Rebels in the film, and B) it's an ideal complement to the McSnowtrooper...  That's a little disappointing.  This figure is from conceptual sketches of the Rebel Fleet Troopers I think, and while I dig it as custom fodder, something different, and as a generally nice looking figure, I am still slightly let down that we didn't get a Hoth Rebel.  Still though, articulation's great, looks like lots of gear, and getting a female trooper is kind of a cool idea too...  That looks like a woman's build anyway to me, or a small dude's.  I'm not terribly let down with it, it's just not my favorite McFigure in general.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2007, 01:21 PM »
AFter calming down a wee bit and Jayson's pic, I'm doing better, its just one figure I was really looking forward to seeing...the face sculpt is almost right on and I think you're right Jesse, it is removeable.

As far as Jango...I'm putting money on a SA Jango appearing in the EE set

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2007, 01:34 PM »

Fireside she removed it so Ani could she her boobies.

In that case I hope its removable! Padme and Voolvif are by a million miles the best figures of the wave. As for the lunchtime clone Im really not too excited. My opinion of the droideka will all rest on how good the completed shield looks. Jango looks like a great figure, but I hope he has a set of alternate gauntlet and gloved wrists, and good articulation underneath the poncho. And the Concept Rebel, sadly, has to be the absolute worst concept figure of the year by a trillion miles, its a piece of ****. It may actually be the first Mcfigure I pass on, its really that horrible. Bummer, especially considering we could have had a McLando or better yet a McEmperor in its place.

Overall, looks like a pretty decent wave from the early pictures. I hope it stays that way as we get a closer look and more info, probably at SDCC.  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2007, 01:36 PM »
Hmm... I'm going to wait and reserve judgment until we get more detailed pics, but here are my initial thoughts.

- Padme: Probably my favorite of the set. Appears to be movie accurate, has a removable "boa", and the face sculpt actually looks like Natalie Portman.

- Destroyer Droid: It's hard to tell the difference between this one and the old one, although I know the action feature is gone. The head looks to be a new sculpt too. Can't wait to see better pics.

- Clone: UGH. That snap on armor is TERRIBLE. I hope that it simply snaps on and doesn't have to be plugged in like that Obi-Wan in the battle pack from a few years ago. Little holes in the arms and legs wouldn't be welcome. I'll simply be tossing the armor aside because the figure itself looks great so far.

- Jango: I'm disappointed. It appears as if we're getting a figure based off of his apartment confrontation with Kenobi (a figure I've wanted) but I would have gladly waited on that if it meant we would have gotten an ultimate Jango, which is what EVERYONE has been begging for. Again, I'll wait until we see better pics, both with and without the poncho.

- Wolfman: Purely awesome, I can't wait to add him in with the other Clone Wars Jedi. Like Jesse said, the only bummer is that he has ankle articulation and no knee articulation meaning that he'll be a bitch to stand. Oh well, tied with Padme for my favorite figure of the set.

- McRebel: Okay, this looks like pure **** to me, which is odd since I've loved every McQ fig we've gotten so far. I have never seen the RFT concept art so maybe that's why I don't like it, but it looks too skinny and too unarticulated. Again, I'll wait for the better pictures.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Voolvif Monn is my favorite out of this wave. The training clone is awful with that removable armor. The McRebel looks like he has a clam on his head.
I remember my dream now.