Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48890 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2007, 03:01 PM »
Great looking toys.

I'm betting the feather top is removable. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2007, 03:04 PM »
-Padme...  Looks fine, but I just have had enough of Padme.  Possible PASS, might buy 1.

-Destroyer...  Nice, looks like the E1 version from 1999.  If I didn't have 20 of those I might stock up on this.

-Clone...  Stunning.  20 please.

-Jango...  I'll be buying anywhere from 1 to 5 of this guy, depending on how much of that **** comes off him and what's underneath.

-Voolviff...  Can't wait to have Grievous standing over his corpse in a display with the Talz and Roron.

-McRebel...  Fine, pencil me in for 1.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2007, 03:17 PM »
-Voolviff...  Can't wait to have Grievous standing over his corpse in a display with the Talz and Roron.

1. Grievous never killed him.

2.   :(  :'(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Not my favorite wave of the year, but it's still pretty good. I like the McRebel and Padme, but I could probably leave the Clone and that version of Jango. I was hoping for an armored SA Jango. I suppose too that that will be in the EE pack.

The wolfman Jedi is great stuff. Probably my favorite figure of the wave.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 14, 2007, 05:19 PM »

1. Grievous never killed him.

2.   :(  :'(

Yeah but in my house he will, Grievous got Modama and Rorron along with Roth Del Masona, and in the abscence of a Masona figure Monn will fill in nicely to round out the carnage.  They were all basically created to be cartoon fodder anyhow.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2007, 05:32 PM »
It's nice to finally see this wave.

I like all of the figures, many we've been wanting for a while - Poncho Jango, Padme, Clone.  Hopefully Hasbro will come through and show off the figures at SDCC like they hinted so we can get a better look at them (Clone sans helmet, droideka with shield, Padme sans feathers, etc).

Oh, and it's nice to finally see that Concept Rebel just so folks will stop asking about it.  :P
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2007, 06:05 PM »
The poncho Jango is a let down.  I'm fine with no armor and such. But the leg armor is snap on. Either sculpt it on, or leave it off. Most removable armor pieces don't ever work. The clone is like that too, but at least we get a training clone, just take the armor off, and leave it off.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2007, 06:38 PM »
Eh, what the hell I'll throw in comments.

Jango - I am fine with it.  I was not really wanting a figure of him in this scene and prefer the SA full body armor.  However, like Scott said it will probably be in those EE sets forcing me to buy one (Ha-ha).  I like how it looks, but yeah snap on armor could be bad.  Personally I like how it looks in that poster.  It's Jango and I can't really pass it up on the pegs I'm sure. 

Clone - Well the armor has to be removeable.  I am fine with it.  It's the dinner clone and some people have really been wanting it.  It's fine with me.  I'll take it.  I am sure everything from blue and every color of the rainbow variants will follow. 

Destroyer Droid - Eh, there it is.  Again I to would like to see the shield.  I would not mind them throwing in a rolled up ball for the fun of it someday. 

Padme - Personally I like it.  I am sure the "top" will be removeable.  Yay!  LOL! 

Voolif - Pretty damn cool really.  Love the headsculpt.  Again the legs are strange but it's something different at least. 

McRebel - It is very goofy I admit.  That is probably the main reason I will pick one up (if I can ever find a damn McQ figure on the pegs that is).  Yeah, I wish they had made a different character but am sure there are more to follow up on for next year. 

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2007, 08:28 PM »
Padme- It's a nice figure & it actually looks like Natalie for once. But the feathers will be Kashyyyk or Endor dio fodder.

"Off-Duty" Clone- Hopefully the clone underneath will be awesome & good for customs. The armor is a waist if plastic.

Voolvif Monn- Now we have three cantina creature jedi!  :P

Destroyer Droid- Nothing too fantastic. Hopefully the sheild will look great.

McRebel- Least best of the McQuarries. The choice sucks, especally when we could of had McLando or McEmperor or even a McJabba.

Jango- Nice figure but it sucks he's not fully armored.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 08:32 PM by Artoo »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2007, 02:23 AM »
I think of all of these, the wolfman jedi is that only one that has me really interested. Awsome character, i never thought we'd see another Wolfman figure. Like many here, i may pick up the Jango, depending on what he looks like under than poncho.

Offline Nick

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2007, 05:22 PM »
As with wave 7 this looked great up close.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2007, 09:52 AM »
I like the wave overall but I, like others, am a bit underwhelmed by the regular Jango. The figure looks cool but I want a regular armored version first. I doubt an armored one is part of the clone packs but we will see. I would like that but I would want multiple.

I wish the would have made Voolvif more monster like with glowing red eyes as scee in ANH. Both wolfmen look like regular "movie" wolfmen. I want that alien aspect in there & less cartoon, more still cool though.

I have been waiting for a good destroyer droid. I have been army building the BattleDamaged one from EP1. this appears to be a EP1 body with the EP3 head. Works for me, I am good for 10-14 of these. same goes for the plain clone, stupid but cool. I am thinking 10.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2007, 11:03 AM »
My 2 cents...

Padme She looks nice! Will definitely be getting one! It's nice that they are putting out new Padme sculpts!

Destroyer Droid Love the Droideka and since it has the shield and no action feature, I will get a couple!

McQuarrie Concept Rebel I'm surprised it's this DS Gunner version. Was hoping for the Rebel Pilot. Will most likely get though it's not my favorite concept figure.

Clone I will have to see more pictures to pass judgment. I'm not a fan of snap-on accessories as it make it look cheap, but it might make for the good training clone.

Jango He's okay, but doesn't do much for me. Probably pass on him.

Voolvif Monn Not a fan of EU things, so I'll pass on him.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Great to finally see the wave.

PADME-Is it me or does she have ball jointed arms?

JANGO-Let's hope EE does have a Jango, I'll definately buy this one but a full armor one is needed.  It's a bad head anyway though no scars or stuble-as far as those pics go anyway.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2007, 04:20 PM »
McQuarrie Concept Rebel- looks like a Pac-Man head halloween guy :D. It's crazy enough that I like it though! ;D

DS