Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 48891 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 09:33 AM »

PADME-Is it me or does she have ball jointed arms?

Sure looks like it to me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 11:07 AM »
I like this wave. Most of it works for me.

Clone Trooper (Training Gear) - Excellent. Now here's hoping for the blue variant as well. I'll get 20 of these guys. Heck the snap on armor will look great in an armory scene (similar to the one where they pick up their helmets on Kamino). When teh blue one comes out (and you know it will), I'll get 20 of those too...hmm, and here I thought I was going to slow down on army uilding...well I should say I'll stop at the end of the TAC and Legends lines.

Padme Amidala (Fireside Gown) - Nice, not great, but good enough. I'll buy 2 of her.

Jango Fett (w/ poncho) - Sweet. The snap of armor will look good in the closet slightly hidden from view, the the scene where Obi officially meets Jango.

Voolvif Monn (Clone Wars) - Other than the head being way to big for my taste, this figure rocks. Looks like there is some very resepectable articulation going on there.

Destroyer Droid (w/ 1/2 shield) - Well I need 2-3 shields, so that's going to be 4-6 Destroyers for me.

McQuarrie Signature Series - Concept Rebel Trooper - I'll get my standard 2 of this as I'm doing with all of the other McFigs (save Vader and Boba who I'm getting 3 each of).

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 01:57 PM »
heh, just think how the 'trainee' clones will go like bread and butter with all the 'trainers' listed in the EE mystery pack -some marketing strategy there. A 'training on Kamino' playset next?

I like the look of the trainee clone. I think Sal brings up a valid point about 'blue' ones too. Think Hasbro thought of that( a way to double their monies)...sure they have! :D

DS

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2007, 02:47 PM »
You never know about the blue repaint.  We all think it's obvious, but we all thought that a gray DST was obvious too, then Hasbro said that they had no plans for the gray DST.  But I do agree that the 14 pack will have at least one of these.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2007, 10:22 PM »
I'm with evenflow...I have no idea why the hell that feather top is there.  Its not even CLOSE to movie accurate and looks like absolute ****

It's not from the fireplace scene.  It's from the dinner prior to the fireplace scene.  Check that out HERE.  The feather part probably comes off for the fireplace scene.

"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2007, 09:49 PM »

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2007, 09:58 PM »
 :o wow looks pretty cool..my only question is would too of them finish one shield cause it doesnt look like it would fit together :S

a lot better then what i was expecting though.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2007, 10:04 PM »
2 halves are suppose 2 make a full shield according to Hasbro.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2007, 10:27 PM »
The shield doesnt look clear enough to see the droideka in.  ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2007, 11:04 PM »
I don't really care for the mottled texture on the shield, neither do I like the holes.

To be honest I would have much rather had a plain jane clear/blue shield.

I suppose that would be easy enough to make, but I'm not inclinced to make one, so I was hoping hasbro would come through.

Looks like this figure is a pass for me now.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 01:28 AM »
That shield is pure and utter ****! It looks like those stupid Force Effects that came with the 2002 figures, and DEFINATELY doesn't look like it connects. ****, it's not even movie accurate! The shield in the movie was mostly see through with a blueish hue on the edge, like a bubble. There are really no words to describe how disappointed I am by this. >:(
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 01:35 AM by Diddly »
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Awful.

"I suppose that would be easy enough to make, but I'm not inclinced to make one, so I was hoping hasbro would come through."

Think about the last part of that sentence. Really think about it. See where you went wrong?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 26, 2007, 03:41 PM »
Awful.

"I suppose that would be easy enough to make, but I'm not inclinced to make one, so I was hoping hasbro would come through."

Think about the last part of that sentence. Really think about it. See where you went wrong?

Kevin

Trust me, I knew as I was typing it...heh heh

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 26, 2007, 05:48 PM »
The pics put Padme, Voolvif, and lunctime clone trooper at the top of the wave, theyre excellent. The rest are meh.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: July 26, 2007, 06:13 PM »
I don't mind the DD...  It's actually a pretty sharp looking figure, and I can't speak for everyone but I was sick of the damned action feature one showing up anywhere at any time.  The shield is different...  I'm not completely let down by that, but the droid's pretty nice in a world when BD's aren't exactly something Hasbro has an affinity for.  I just wish we'd get new, poseable, sturdy, regular battledroids at some point...  That's been a long wait.

The training Clone though is fantastic.  Gotta have lots of him.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77