Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 49130 times)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2007, 06:59 PM »
I love that red pajamas Clone... The armor is pretty useless, but I can always stick it on some random Jedi to make him a CW general.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2007, 07:01 PM »

The training Clone though is fantastic.  Gotta have lots of him.

Is it just me or are those shoulders swivel, and not ball jointed?

This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2007, 07:04 PM »
You appear to be correct sir. I sure hope that funny stance is just due to the way he is posed and those legs are neutrally sculpted...
"This is the way."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2007, 07:10 PM »
I think that the snap-on armor would snap-off if they were ball jointed...
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2007, 08:05 PM »
hmmm, interesting point on the leg stance Ryan, I maybe spoke too soon.  The ball/socket shoulders are no huge deal to me, sometimes I like swivel just as much really, but the ankle on that left leg looks REALLY pre-posed.  Potentially fixable with a boil & freeze, but disappointing regardless if that's the case.  I never understand Hasbro's logic with that...  Reminds me of Commander Cody.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2007, 09:14 PM »
Don't panic guys, its paint master and not production. They may addressed this before final tooling and adjusted the stance. The hot glue may be messing the stance up as well. Look at the wrist you can see its hand painted.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2007, 11:45 PM »
I'm good with the fig. I'll look to get about 18-20 of him. Then I'll wait for the inevitable blue variant. Maybe not now but could be next year. (They did that with the Naboo mechanic, so I can easily see them doing that in this case as well.)
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2007, 03:02 AM »
I've been thinking that they would do a blue variant, too.  The head sculpt looks dead on.  Totally like Bodie Taylor!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CloneAlpha

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2007, 07:08 PM »
Don't panic guys, its paint master and not production. They may addressed this before final tooling and adjusted the stance. The hot glue may be messing the stance up as well. Look at the wrist you can see its hand painted.

I don't know... look at his ankles, which seem to be fixed and have no joints. That suggests that he can only stand properly while posed in that specific pose (i.e. that's when his feet are flat against the ground).  I hope to god I am wrong because Hasbro seems to have this idiotic fixation with spread-leg poses lately and now I'm concerned they're going back to their pre-posed craptacular Saga days.  What is wrong with these guys? An otherwise great figure ruined by lousy legs again.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 28, 2007, 11:32 PM »
I think I can see ankle/foot articulation in there.  I think the shin portion of his boot is designed to overlap the foot and hide it a little bit.  Could be wishful thinking though.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 11:34 PM by Rob »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2007, 12:34 AM »
I thought I saw that ankle articulation too.  As for ball jointed shoulders?  Not a big deal.  Does this trooper really need ball jointed shoulders so that he can be better posed eating tofu with a whole mess of other clones that are also eating tofu?  Hmmm.   ::)
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2007, 02:06 AM »
His arms almost look to be removable as they were planning ball-joint for them, but didn't have to time before the show. Similar to the 21st Century figures have going on. That would be cool to get an extra set of arms for this figure, but again I could be dreaming ::).

As for the ankles, it looks to me there is joints there, but again you can never tell until it's in hand.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2007, 03:22 AM »
I don't know, I'm about 99% sure there isn't any articulation there. It looks like that pin looking thing is part of the boot design rather than a functional pin. If you look closely at the right boot (his left) there are sculpted wrinkles a nd folds suggesting it is sculpted to be leaning forwards. Those same folds are missing on the left boot (his right). That and there are some sharp corners on the trim of those boots, and I don't see any gaps to suggest a separate piece for the foot.

I'm only going to be looking for 2-4 of these guys now...
"This is the way."

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2007, 11:20 AM »
Sounds like something for the next round of Q&A.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2007, 04:49 PM »
I think what you're seeing Rob is the lines of the stitching on the boots, not articulation, but that line does give the impression of the rounded part of a ball/socket ankle, I agree.  When you lighten the photo a bit though you see there's no gaps at all.

I think ball/socket shoulders would've been cool since they are training clones and we're getting their trainers and all, but it's a style difference so it's not as though he won't be poseable there, so I'm ok with that omission.  The ankles are much more frustrating to me since it'll make standing him difficult.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77