Author Topic: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones  (Read 49121 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Attack of the Clones
« Reply #180 on: November 13, 2007, 07:45 PM »
Wow! Scary fast, the waves are coming...

I've yet to see all of Wave 5 at retail (only 4 of the 9)... seen everything else so far (not too sure about legends with all the variants).

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 14, 2007, 02:23 AM »
Isn't this wave 8?

Maybe?  Depends on the way you want to look at it:

The way they were originally annnounced...
2007 Wave 7 - RotJ
2007 Wave 8 - Repaints
2007 Wave 9 - AotC

or

The way that retailers labeled them...
2007 Wave 7 - RotJ
2007 Wave 7.5 - Repaints
2007 Wave 8 - AotC

or

The way they are showing up in stores...
2007 Wave 7 - RotJ
2007 Wave 8 - AotC
2007 Wave 9 - Repaints

Take your pick!

I'm sticking with "Wave 9" based on my refusal to call a wave x.5 and the numbering of the figures in the wave.  ;)

I picked this wave up tonight at WM. The case calls it WAVE 8 = that's what I'm calling the wave. My money's on the repaint wave being called wave 9 on the case.  I love the wolf Jedi- he's awesome!!!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 14, 2007, 06:54 AM »
does that mean they changed the number on the coins too?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 14, 2007, 09:06 AM »
does that mean they changed the number on the coins too?

No. That would have required a Herculean effort and resulted in delay.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #184 on: November 14, 2007, 09:18 AM »
The case calls it WAVE 8 = that's what I'm calling the wave. My money's on the repaint wave being called wave 9 on the case. 

A few people sent me PMs and e-mails pointing out the same, that the case for the AotC wave says "Wave 8" on it. 

A few folks also sent e-mails and PMs pointing out that Hasbro calls the repaints "Wave 7.5" in the Q&A sessions, so I guess we can consider that the "official" wave number for the repaints. 

Reminds me of how Hasbro called the 2006 Geonosis wave "Wave 2.5" on the cases instead of Wave 3 and it screwed up all the case/wave numbering last year... ::) ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 14, 2007, 03:51 PM »
Reminds me of how Hasbro called the 2006 Geonosis wave "Wave 2.5" on the cases instead of Wave 3 and it screwed up all the case/wave numbering last year... ::) ;)

Yeah, they're kind of special like that ;).
At least there's some cool,  well done figs in this wave.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2007, 04:14 PM »
I picked this wave up tonight at WM. The case calls it WAVE 8 = that's what I'm calling the wave. My money's on the repaint wave being called wave 9 on the case.  I love the wolf Jedi- he's awesome!!!

Awesome pickup... I'm really looking forward to this wave.

I'm assuming I won't be seeing these in my area for quite a while... so if you have time later, do you mind snapping a few pics? 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #187 on: November 14, 2007, 05:46 PM »
Not sure if anyone caught the note over at Newforce that they have Cases of 7,8 and 9 in route from Hasbro :)

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 14, 2007, 09:27 PM »
Jesus H. Christ, can they slow down for a few minutes with this stuff?  I started getting a little worried when they were already showing 2008's Wave 1 a couple of weeks back, but we've now gotten waves 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 since the beginning of September in most places.  That's about 31 figures in a little over 60 days in a non-movie year contending with a second assortment that despite Hasbro's claims to the contrary is clogging the pegs and keeping the regular assortment from being stocked, plus the continuing glut in many stores of last year's Saga Collection figures that stores refuse to blow out. 

As excited as I am for these figures, I'm getting a little burned out, especially when 95% of my visits to retailers result in absolutely none of the new stuff but more wasted gas.  Jeez, the 25th anniversary Joes haven't been this daunting. 

I know, I know, wet blanket, whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch...it'd just be nice to actually find some of these new figures for a change.   :-\

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #189 on: November 14, 2007, 11:24 PM »
Holy **** ... Wave 7 is barely out and now we're up to 9 already. I know people always bitch when there is too large of a gap between waves, but this is a little insane.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 15, 2007, 12:44 AM »
Just think of it as one giant, triple sized wave.   :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #191 on: November 15, 2007, 12:51 AM »
Midnight Madness without the ability to walk into a store and find it...

I see nothing positive in the above.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2007, 01:22 AM »
Jesus H. Christ, can they slow down for a few minutes with this stuff?  I started getting a little worried when they were already showing 2008's Wave 1 a couple of weeks back, but we've now gotten waves 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 since the beginning of September in most places.  That's about 31 figures in a little over 60 days in a non-movie year contending with a second assortment that despite Hasbro's claims to the contrary is clogging the pegs and keeping the regular assortment from being stocked, plus the continuing glut in many stores of last year's Saga Collection figures that stores refuse to blow out. 

As excited as I am for these figures, I'm getting a little burned out, especially when 95% of my visits to retailers result in absolutely none of the new stuff but more wasted gas.  Jeez, the 25th anniversary Joes haven't been this daunting. 

I know, I know, wet blanket, whine whine whine, bitch bitch bitch...it'd just be nice to actually find some of these new figures for a change.   :-\

I don't think your bitching - I think you're 100% on the money!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2007, 08:58 AM »

At least it happened at the end of the year this year. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #194 on: November 15, 2007, 03:22 PM »
Not sure if anyone caught the note over at Newforce that they have Cases of 7,8 and 9 in route from Hasbro :)

I know, I cannot wait for the Christmas morning feel of getting that many new figures in one shot! I ordered the Battlefront packs from them too, so it adds to my pile. I am so sick of store runs and coming up empty handed. At least the online stores are not disappointing. I wish NFC had W1/08 up for pre-order and that was shipping as well. ;D

While some may complain about the overload let's remember the first 6 months of this year. We were stuck with nothing but Saga2 and not as much money was spent during that time period. Personally, I would rather be overloaded than underwhelmed with figures. Think of it as making up for lost time.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/