Author Topic: 2007 USPS Star Wars Collectibles  (Read 21834 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Rock the Vote
« Reply #45 on: May 8, 2007, 10:44 AM »
http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/vote/view_stamps.html

Are you guys voting for your favorite stamps every day, or am I the only one dorky enough to do that? 

Because you can vote once per day, you know.  It may seem a little silly, but I gotta do everything I can to help out my boy Luke, 'cause I think he may be in an uphill battle against his daddy.

They may be the leading vote-getters, if the most-recent results page is any indication:

http://app.uspsjedimaster.com/main/vote/view_results.html

I've been totally slacking on voting lately, but after seeing the most-current results, it's clear that my boy Luke isn't even doing well enough to be considered the Ralph Nader of this election.  He's a lost cause, so I'm throwing my support over to Yoda.

01. Yoda
02. Darth Vader
03. Leia/Artoo
04. Luke
05. Han/Chewie
06. Anakin/Obi-Wan
07. Boba
08. Stormtroopers
09. Falcon
10. Ben
11. X-Wing
12. Maul
13. Amidala
14. Threepio
15. The Emperor

I gotta say, though, even though my favorite's not gonna win, I think the results are a good indication of what the better stamps are.  The best ones near the top, the worst ones near the bottom.  Who was it that thought that the ugly-ass Palpatine stamp was a good idea?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
Re: 2007 USPS Star Wars Collectibles
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2007, 01:39 AM »
Hey Madcow,

Is your dad able to get you any of the promotional standees or anything? I asked at my local post office, and the counter person says they are required to destroy the promotional items and send pieces back to prove it.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2007, 08:51 AM »
Hey Madcow,

Is your dad able to get you any of the promotional standees or anything? I asked at my local post office, and the counter person says they are required to destroy the promotional items and send pieces back to prove it.

I asked him the other day and he said he'd see what he can do. I'd really like to get some of the posters and/or the R2/3PO standee on the counters...

Offline Taminar

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Auriette's Website
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2007, 01:10 AM »
I hope you're able to get something. I asked at a different P.O. branch Friday, and the counter lady there said she'd reserved it for herself the first day. Her son or grandson had been picked to go on some school trip and she was going to give it to him to auction off for a fundraiser. Unfortunately, I asked where the auction was going to be held and she said he went to school in Colorado. Now, how they're getting this thing from Florida to Colorado in time to auction it off May 25 (which is what she told me), I have no idea. It's all highly suspect and blows huge holes in the "we have to tear it up" theory.
When a lottery ticket worth $320 million ends up in the wrong hands, who wins in the end? Watch "Payoff" -- http://members.cox.net/payoff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2007, 01:27 AM »
I was told by two PO's up here, one being staffed by a relative of my gf's, that they have to shred them as well...  I dont' think her brother-in-law would fib on it to me.  I think some will get snuck out, but I think tearing them up is the truth on what they were TOLD to do.  :(  I wanted some of the items myself but got a big negative in my attempts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2007, 01:39 AM »
I did!! THAT would be the closest I'll be coming to CIV :P

Hey, did you go to the first Celebration in Denver?
Yes, I went to that muddy mess,and the two in Indy which really worked out for me since I was only 2 hours away.this will be only one I've missed so far >:( :(
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2007, 12:54 PM »
Yes, I went to that muddy mess,and the two in Indy which really worked out for me since I was only 2 hours away.this will be only one I've missed so far >:( :(

Hmm.  Were you the one who brought a bunch of 12" customs?  Mostly Leia?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2007, 05:06 AM »
So these things go on sale on Friday, IIRC.  I didn't bother with the pre-order, so I hope these things don't immediately sell out, especially since I'll be stuck down at C4 the first couple days they're on sale.  Any word on availability on these?  Is my laziness gonna screw me yet again?!  :-\

Never saw one of those damned R2 mailboxes either.  I assume they're going to still be out for a while, right?  Anyone know if there's any of them near the Convention Center?

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2007, 08:27 AM »
I preordered mine and my credit card was charged the other day. Looks like i should be getting them soon.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2007, 10:19 AM »
Never saw one of those damned R2 mailboxes either.  I assume they're going to still be out for a while, right?  Anyone know if there's any of them near the Convention Center?

The USPS will be at Celebration... For shippiing and purchases.

To me .. .that means' we'll be able to buy the stamps there  ! ;D

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2007, 11:27 AM »
So these things go on sale on Friday, IIRC.  I didn't bother with the pre-order, so I hope these things don't immediately sell out, especially since I'll be stuck down at C4 the first couple days they're on sale.  Any word on availability on these?  Is my laziness gonna screw me yet again?!  :-\

I have heard there's one outside the Staples center not sure where exactly.  There is one in Union Station through inside the Traxx Restuant near the westside of the station.

Noticed it wasn't there today after work. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 10:24 PM by Darth Kenobi »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2007, 04:49 PM »
With 2 days left to vote, according to the current totals, it looks like Yoda is in the lead in the stamp voting:

1. Yoda
2. Darth Vader
3. Princess Leia and R2-D2
4. Luke Skywalker
5. Han Solo and Chewbacca

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2007, 01:26 PM »
I stopped in the PO this morning and picked up my 3 sheets and they look AWESOME in person, so much that i'm thinking about framing a set. The clerk told me that each PO only received a certain amount and they were much more limited than other stamp releases...

Offline Tracy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Call me "Your Highness" one more time........
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2007, 02:17 PM »
I got my 3 souvenir sheets first thing this morning.  I'm framing one for my son's room and putting the other 2 away for when the kids get older.  The Postal Clerk told me last week that they anticipated that they would sell out faster than the Elvis stamps.

They are pretty nice looking.
"Y'all know you're the only ones with the Jesus fish in the titty bar parking lot" - Name
Cancer Sucks >:(

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2007, 02:19 PM »
How much?
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird