Author Topic: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?  (Read 26372 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: American Idol Season 6, voter atrocities, and YOU: who's watching?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2007, 09:59 AM »
I agree Gina Glocksen sucked and she's in trouble tonight.  Sanjaya needs to be sent home already, I think Jesse is underestimating Howard Stern's influence on this.  He has millions of listeners.  AI receives roughly 30 million votes after the show.  It really wouldn't take much to keep him from going home for a long time.  Can he win in the final?  Probably not, but who knows.

Anyhow, besides Howard Stern being annoying, I thought Blake Lewis and Chris Richardson really did a bang up job last night.  Blake was absolutely stellar.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
  • Isn't the Wokling cute? LOOK AT IT! LOOK AT IT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2007, 10:06 AM »
Blake and Doolittle were the best IMO. Richardson is just ok to me, nothing about him has impressed me this whole season so far...

As for Glocksen, I thought she did just ok which stinks as I really like her. I mean REALLY like her.  ;D

And how damn funny was the girl crying hysterically during Sandvagina? I loved how they kept cutting back to her. CLASSIC! That's the one thing I do like about Idol, the people running it have a sense of humor...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 10:35 AM by Madcow »

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2007, 12:18 PM »
I heard a girl singing last night, and she sounded good to me, but Simon said he wanted to jump off of a bridge afterwards, or wait for the sun to come out. Who was she?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I heard a girl singing last night, and she sounded good to me, but Simon said he wanted to jump off of a bridge afterwards, or wait for the sun to come out. Who was she?

Kevin

Stephanie Edwards.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2007, 01:08 PM »

Kevin

Stephanie Edwards.

Actually, I think that was after Jordin Sparks' performance.  She sang the song great, but it was just a depressing song.
I think Jordin has a great chance of winning the whole thing.  Her voice is almost as good as Lakisha's and Melinda's, but she's more versatile.  Lakisha and Melinda are noticeably worse when they have to sing songs outside of their comfort zone.  Jordin doesn't have that problem.

I think the performance of the night was given by Ashley the Crying Nerd-Girl.  She was fantastic!
 ;)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:50 PM by Neal »

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 01:14 PM »

I think the performance of the night was given by Ashley the Crying Nerd-Girl.  She was fantastic!
 ;)

Ok..i'm going to need to see this....is there a video online?
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 01:15 PM »
Lakisha and Melinda are noticeably worse when they have to sing songs outside of their comfort zone.  Jordin doesn't have that problem.

Melinda openly admitted that song she chose last night was totally out of her comfort zone and I think her performace was awesome...

And that crying girl is priceless. I was in tears myself... FROM LAUGHING SO HARD! :P
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:16 PM by Madcow »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Sanjaya needs to be sent home already, I think Jesse is underestimating Howard Stern's influence on this.  He has millions of listeners. 

His listenership is actually under a million at this point. I am sure some are voting for him becuase of stern, but i wouldn't attribute it all to him. I think alot of young girls are voting for him and i think the Indian / Indian American population are voting for him regardless of what he sounds like. I know i would do the same if some italian kid was in there regardless if he wasn't great. I mean i have voted for girls on the show just becuase i thought they were attractive. With all of that said, he was terrible last night. I didn't see his whole performance, just caught the highlights at the end, but it was terrible.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 01:49 PM »
Melinda openly admitted that song she chose last night was totally out of her comfort zone and I think her performace was awesome...

Yeah ... she was good, but I don't think it was her best performance.  I just don't like her.  She's sweet and all, but she creeps me out when I look at her.

The only reason I'd want to see Sangina stick around is if his sister (and her cleavage) continue to be in the audience to support him.  She's kind of cute.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 01:52 PM »
This has nothing to do with Howard Stern.  Obviously, all the American Idle phone lines are outsourced to India, and Mujibur and Sirajul over there are fudging the results in Sanjaya's favor.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Madcow

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 01:58 PM »
The only reason I'd want to see Sangina stick around is if his sister (and her cleavage) continue to be in the audience to support him.  She's kind of cute.

And his mother is quite a MILF as well. The sister would be way hotter if she didn't have the fivehead...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 01:59 PM by Madcow »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 02:38 PM »
This has nothing to do with Howard Stern. 

No Matt it definitely is attributable at least partially to Stern.  He is clearly getting people to vote for Sanjaya that probably don't even watch the show.  If only 30 million votes are cast and spread out among 11 people, you can't underestimate the difference that even 500,000 votes could make if cast for Sanjaya.

Like I said, it got him this far.  But I think if he makes the final 3 or 4 it's not going to work any more.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 04:36 PM »
No Matt it definitely is attributable at least partially to Stern.

"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2007, 04:49 PM »
No Matt it definitely is attributable at least partially to Stern.

THE SANJAYA REVOLUTION CONTINUES

Howard started today saying that he stayed up until 10 o’clock last night, just so he could vote for Sanjaya on “American Idol,” although he admitted that for some reason he didn’t think Sanjaya would make the cut this week. Howard then took a call from a man who claimed he voted for Sanjaya 75 times while Howard added his favorite “contestant” yesterday was Sanjaya’s sister, who was sitting in the crowd, and talked about some really hot photographs of her he had seen. Mike Gange then said he voted for Sanjaya about 10 times last night, but wasn’t sure his votes counted because he got through each time without a problem.

Eric the Midget called in and Gary asked him if he sent Ryan Seacrest an e-mail about Howard’s plan to get Sanjaya voted as the next “American Idol.” Although Eric admitted he did send Ryan such a message, he refused to get onto his e-mail account to read it on the air. However, Eric did say the gist of his e-mail was to get Ryan to “combat” Howard, while adding he voted for his favorite “American Idol” contestant, LaKisha, “as many times as he could” during the voting hours last night.

link

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2007, 04:55 PM »
THE SANJAYA REVOLUTION CONTINUES

Howard started today saying that he stayed up until 10 o’clock last night, just so he could vote for Sanjaya on “American Idol,” although he admitted that for some reason he didn’t think Sanjaya would make the cut this week. Howard then took a call from a man who claimed he voted for Sanjaya 75 times while Howard added his favorite “contestant” yesterday was Sanjaya’s sister, who was sitting in the crowd, and talked about some really hot photographs of her he had seen. Mike Gange then said he voted for Sanjaya about 10 times last night, but wasn’t sure his votes counted because he got through each time without a problem.

Eric the Midget called in and Gary asked him if he sent Ryan Seacrest an e-mail about Howard’s plan to get Sanjaya voted as the next “American Idol.” Although Eric admitted he did send Ryan such a message, he refused to get onto his e-mail account to read it on the air. However, Eric did say the gist of his e-mail was to get Ryan to “combat” Howard, while adding he voted for his favorite “American Idol” contestant, LaKisha, “as many times as he could” during the voting hours last night.

link