Author Topic: AT-ST  (Read 4129 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
AT-ST
« on: June 7, 2003, 02:09 PM »
Looking at my POTF2 AT-ST,I notice how inaccurate it is.I mean in Rotj,AT-STs side guns are different,one side has the cylinder and the other side has the gun that  AT-ST has.

Point two:The At-St is a 2 seater,more over it has an area devoid of seats in the back.

Point three:At-st cabins are huge,and have railings at the top.

Point Four:The windows need to be open,other wise how can the pilot see.

When will Hasbro learn?
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: AT-ST
« Reply #1 on: June 7, 2003, 02:27 PM »
I think the ATST sculpt is a nice -=scaled down=- sculpt, considering it was first made back in the 80's. This isn't the 80's, though, it's not the 90's - it's the.... ah, what do we call these years? The teens? Anyway, my point is that with accurate and near-scale vechicles on the market like the 21st Century tanks and planes... Why can't, or why doesn't, Hasbro make the leap into the new-age and make a scaled vehicle once and awhile?

I think it's because Hasbro is lazy... plain and simple.

Plus, if we had a scaled AT-ST, it'd throw off our dio's with AT-AT's.

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 7, 2003, 04:23 PM »
do you really care if your diorams will look different?
getting a new AT-ST would be kick ass.
people would love it. i know i would. hell i'd buy a few even.
its just a really cool vehicle.
its just one of those items that never saw justice

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: June 7, 2003, 04:41 PM »
It's not out of the realm of possibility to get a new AT-ST some day...

It's a relatively small vehicle (especially for Star Wars), and thus its scale wouldn't be absurd.  

I agree the original sculpt is looking dated...  I'd take one with a joint at each point on the leg that it should have, an opening 2-seater cabin, and complete accuracy.  The viewports would open as would the top hatch, the gun turrets (And grenade turret) would tilt up and down, and the head would turn left/right...

I'd dump the "walking" feature all together though, for poseable legs/feet instead (with good/stiff joints).

To-scale with an accurate ROTJ paint job...

The modern version suffers from a few major issues besides being underscaled.  Namely it's based on the design of AT-ST's in ESB as opposed to those of ROTJ which are much closer/easier to make out.  Of course one could always say the ESB version's a different "type" of AT-ST all together.

We got a scale landspeeder out of left field, so I hold hope someday a new AT-ST floats out.  I'd buy at least SIX of the things (Standard flanking formation for an AT-AT).   **wink wink**  :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2003, 06:06 PM »
Should this be in the POTJ section, since that's the last incarnation we got of the AT-ST?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Dimetrodon

• Jedi Padawan
  • Gort
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 7, 2003, 06:15 PM »
nah, if we got a new oen it would be saga.

hey nicklab, anythign good at farifield target? LOL that place is a dump.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #6 on: June 7, 2003, 06:30 PM »
I figured I'd let it stay here since it's talking about getting a new ATST.

people would love it. i know i would. hell i'd buy a few even.

I'm sure people would, I would too, but if it's to-scale, it'll be pretty big, and looking at the past vehicles that were large (ATAT, Royal Ship, Falcon) - we'd probably end up being bogged down with shelves of these things.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 7, 2003, 10:01 PM »
And thats a bad thing?They'll go on clearence,and armybuilders will buy them up.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #8 on: June 7, 2003, 10:56 PM »
Unless something drastic changes, I don't think we're ever going to see new sculpts of OT era ships.  I don't think there's enough money in it for Hasbro.  I want a new ATST myself (and a new AT AT, and a Falcon, and a TIE Fighter with ACCURATE wings...) but I'm not seeing it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: June 8, 2003, 01:48 AM »
AT-ST's surprisingly small Angry Ewok...  VERY small actually, especially for a SW vehicle.  Don't give up all hope because of its size...

One with poseable legs could collapse into a VERY nice window box ala the TIE's we've gotten lately.  

Could actually wind up taking up less space than the POTF/POTJ ST's have.

And like I said, last year we got a brand new Saga Landspeeder.  It was done in some of the best detail of a toy in this scale that I've seen, and was 100% new (with a decent pack-in).  Nothing's out of the realm of possibliity anymore after that thing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2003, 08:25 AM »
If the AT-ST chicken walker were to be redone, my gut tells me that it still wouldn't be done right.  For a fine example of one of Hasbro's "resculpted and improved scale" vehicles, check out the new TIE Fighter.  What went on there?  I thought the reason for redoing it was to resculpt the wings so that they were a little more accurate in size?  What did we get?  The same old bowling ball with a Flinstone wheel stuck on each side of the cockpit...minus the battery compartment.

We're getting all these new figures with great new sculpts, yet Hasbro, even in there "improved" vehicles, are using the same molds from 1977-1983.  

If a new AT-ST is going to be along those lines, I just assume get a clone trooper AT-TE or Banking Clan Spider Droid instead.

:D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2003, 02:24 PM »
Yep, I agree with you Dressel.  I would like another AT-ST someday possibly, but right now I really want them to make an AT-TE and a giant Spider Droid first.

:P

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2003, 04:25 PM »
Duh,  I forgot about the Landspeeder.   ::)

Here's hoping.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2003, 04:48 PM »
I'm inclined to think Hasbro is too busy saving money and would use the same mold again for the AT-ST.  Maybe a redeco but that's about it.  No substantive improvements.  Lots of other ships to rehash to prior to redoing that one.  It was out what, 2001-2002?  Too soon.  Now the AT-AT is due ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #14 on: June 8, 2003, 07:17 PM »
I'd rather not see Hasbro try to do another AT-ST.  I'd rather see them do vehicles that haven't been done before (i.e. AT-TE, Deluxe Spider Droid, Solar Sailer, Jedi Starfighter WITH hyperspace ring, etc).  I think if Hasbro re-did the AT-ST that it wouldn't turn out right... it would probably be a big disappointment.
dustrho