Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41889 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2007, 07:46 PM »
I actually think this is an excellent wave.

R2-B1: What a great surprise! A new sculpt of a hard to find figure that was pretty crappy in the first place, and it also comes with the power harness! This is the most exciting figure from this wave.

M&M Clone Trooper: It's not terrible, I just don't need it. Least exciting figure from this wave.

Gummi Vader- Okay, this one's good enough. The coin is really neat.

Rebel Vanguard: Now that we know he's got that awesome missile launcher, I will getting at least four, because I love Battlefront.

EDIT: Maybe now that we have the ketchup and mustard soldiers, the upcoming SA Qui-Gon, the red astromech droid from the tin set and now R2-B1, Hasbro will finally rerelease the Naboo Royal Starship that I never got!  :D

Maybe... :-\
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 07:49 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2007, 09:05 PM »
R2 comes with the droid harness!   ;D  Buying LOTS for my other Naboo droids.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 12, 2007, 11:59 PM »
What body is that 7th legion Clone? It isn't the 41 style. It looks like a Quick draw to some degree.

R2-B1 is cool and I'm glad there it the power harness. Also glad to see the cannon for the Vanguard. These few have a little more to offer than the first ones shown. Wish the Vader was more articulate, but is cool in a way.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2007, 01:34 AM »
I could be wrong, but I believe the clone is the same sculpt as this one -

I'm not too keen on the helmet - the removable ones usually look too large for my tastes.   :-\

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2007, 01:48 AM »
What body is that 7th legion Clone? It isn't the 41 style. It looks like a Quick draw to some degree.

That's the ROTS Evolutions Clone.  If you recall the second (grey) version, it had the interchangeable kama and utility belt.  This is the same Clone body, but in this case the utility belt is not removable.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 13, 2007, 01:46 PM »
Yes! We finally get to see the launcher. Looks great. Nice to find out B1 includes his little restraining harness too.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 13, 2007, 01:51 PM »
Yes, I think you guys are right on the 7th legion clone, but I would have preferred the 41 style. I fell you Chewie, as the helmet does look to large and in most cases distorted in the package. I like the mid torso articulation over the removable helmet. I don't think Hasbro could improve the 41 any more than where it is now. It’s one of the best figures done.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2007, 11:36 AM »
Is the rocket launcher supposed to have an actual missile-firing mechanism? If so, it would explain the excessive dimensions.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2007, 09:22 AM »
It definitely looks like it can size wise, but the loose picture I saw looks like the launcher is solid. I'll post it when I find it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2007, 09:11 AM »
To add to the pile, I see that a few of the etailers (NewForce, D&S) are saying they are expecting this wave in the next two weeks.

And, as for the nomenclature of the waves, a few people pointed out to me that Hasbro refers to this wave as "Wave 7.5" a few times in the Q&A sessions, so I guess that is the "official" name. 

Thanks to those who sent me PMs asking for the name changes... you got your way, ya bastards.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2007, 09:03 AM »
I've been reading and hearing people panicking that since wave 8 is shipping that Hasbro skipped this wave entirely. ::)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2007, 03:55 PM »
We can only hope.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 03:56 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Its sad to admit, but there's really only three figures from the repaint wave that I really want - but I know it will bug me if the coin album has those gaps in it, so I'll probably end up getting them all.  If it wasn't for that, I'd probably be ok if they skipped the wave :P.  I am glad to see R2-B1, as I could never find that figure originally, and the Clone and Holo Vader are pretty nifty.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2007, 04:18 PM »
I am looking forward to R2B1 & Pax. There are terrific repaints.

Like all the other crap coming this wave will come out. In fact, I can see the boards moaning about how it is peg warming stores blocking the way for the great 08' figures. It makes complete sense that this wave would come after the AOTC wave even though the wave number is 7.5/8. Keep in mind the TFU was changed after the figures were set in place. The wave 7.5 or wave 8 whatever its called a created after wave 9. Wave 9 first then wave 7.5/8

Do not panic.....yet.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2007, 09:31 PM »
I'm happy that this wave will follow wave 8: AOTC. That way it might be easier for me to find some of those figures before they are all gone. Jango, Destroyer Droid, and the Mc Rebel Trooper will be hard to find anyway, but now I don't have to worry so much are to never seeing them. This wave I know will be plentiful everywhere.
roron corobb
my feedback link