Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41922 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« on: March 17, 2007, 08:29 PM »
Hasbro said there will be new figures to replace the Force Unleashed figures. Any ideas?
My hopes would be a TPM wave which seemed to be ignored this year.

Qui-Gon Jinn- New, SA
Obi-Wan Kenobi- New, SA
Mawhonic & Folded Pit Droid- New, SA
Darth Maul- Evo re-hash w/ Ball-Joint Arms & New Head, Cloth Cloak
Jar Jar Binks- New, SA
Pilot Battle Droid- POTJ re-paint
Royal Gaurd- ROTS re-hash, New Head
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 09:04 AM by Jeff »
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Replacement Wave
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 08:31 PM »
I'll be shocked if there are any new sculpts in this wave if it even happens.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 09:09 PM »
TPM? TPM you say? well here comes those red naboo soldiers to take over the yellow ones.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 09:55 PM »
You never know with this year, its sure had its good surprises. Perhaps we could get:

A New, SA Naboo Soldier of some kind(not a boring one, a resculpt of a previous one)
Royal Guard (ROTS w/new head)
Elan Mak and Boles Roor (two-Pack)
Mawhonic w/Tan Pit Droid (two-Pack)
Jira w/cool accessory like a piece of her fruit stand
Sei Taria (aide)
Horrox Ryyder (Anx Senator)
Tendau Bendon (i think thats the Ithorian senator)

Sei Taria would be the most super cool of that list. Please, please, please, Hasbro, with a cherry on top!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2007, 10:29 PM »
Hasbro said there will be new figures to replace the Force Unleashed figures. Any ideas?

Um, didn't they just say "the place in the calendar previously marked for the TFU figures will be occupied by wave 8 of the basic figures".

Doesn't sound like they are planning a replacement wave, just moving things around...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2007, 11:05 PM »
That's exactly what I took from that as well, even though the statement is somewhat "circular"...
the place in the calendar previously marked for the TFU figures will be occupied by wave 8 of the basic figures which had been pushed out to make room for the TFU wave (wave 9). So there won't be any gaps in the delivery of news figures to the shelves late this Fall.

It certainly begs the question of just how long will the Force Unleashed wave be delayed?  The game is rumored to have been pushed back to April, 2008.  So will the wave for TFU be pushed back just as much as the video game release?  And can we see something from the 2008 line slid up in the schedule as well, to replace the figures for TFU?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 09:18 AM »
I think these figures are just going to be pushed back until the game comes out and following waves will be moved up one. Perhaps wave 1 of 2008 will make it into 2007.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 10:23 AM »

Um, didn't they just say "the place in the calendar previously marked for the TFU figures will be occupied by wave 8 of the basic figures".

Doesn't sound like they are planning a replacement wave, just moving things around...

Yep, that's how I read it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 10:52 AM »
They're leaving out a convenient fact, while they've moving wave eight forward to fill the gap, so that there's no gap in the current schedule, that still leaves a gap at the end of the year where wave 8 had previously been slated.  Not that I think we'll get replacement 30AC figures mind you, as they won't want to mess up the coin folder...

So now the follow-on questions become - will the FU figures remain in 30AC packaging and those coins stay in the 60 list for this year's line (although released for the VG in 2008), or will something be moved into that slot?

Perhaps the easiest thing will be for them to start the 2008 line sooner, in November/December and then release the FU figures on their 30AC collection card backs with the coins in 2008.

In any case, I suspect this re-work has created some logistical nightmares for Hasbro - now a 2007 product will have to be on the shelves when the 2008 line will be out - so Hasbro will have to either get stores to support two lines of figures at that time, or change the barcoding on those figures to mesh in with the 2008 line.

Will be very interesting to see how this all unravels...

'78

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 12:58 PM »
The easiest route for them would be a wave of repaints, if they had to fill the gap - doesnt' sound like they intend to (I'm sure they'll want to surprise us at CC). 

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 01:51 PM »
I'd be willing to bet that Hasbro wasn't far enough along on the coins (particularly the numbering present on said coins) to cause any real problems in that regard.  After all, they said in this week's Q&A that they didn't even have the final names for several of the characters (the Samurai Jedi and the two Stormtrooper guys), so they'd still have been waiting to put the names on the coins, much less the numbers.  If coins were still in the planning stages, I'd assume the packaging and actual figure numbers were as well, so the "worst" thing is that Hasbro will have to come up with 7 other coins to fill out that 60 number.  Or, they might go ahead and make the 7 Vintage mail-away coins numbers 54-60 instead of "chase" coins.  Who knows?

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 02:52 PM »

Read Evenflow's post. I think it would be dinky to get only 8 waves. Maybe there could be a re-paint/re-hash wave instead:

Pilot Battle Droid- POTJ re-paint
Red ARC Trooper- Comic Pack re-paint
Sasee Tinn's Droid & Plo Koon's Droid 2-Pack- R4-G9 re-paints
U-3PO- Ewok Diety 3PO Body, Legs & Head, New Arms
Shadow Stormtrooper- TSC re-pack
Admiral Piett- DS Trooper Legs, Arms/ Moff Jerjerrod Torso/ New Head & Cloth  Skirt
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 04:30 PM »
You could add a gray DS Trooper/Death Squad Commander to that list.   :)

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 06:31 PM »
Didn't they say in a Q&A or somewhere that they'd be reducing the total # of figs produced this year?  If they just don't ship as often, they wouldn't have a gap to fill, just a little longer between each wave and get the Fprce Unleashed wave back out there when the game is finally released.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 09:38 AM »
Read Evenflow's post. I think it would be dinky to get only 8 waves.

Less figures =  :) wallet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."