Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41931 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Force Unleashed Replacement Wave (Repaints)
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2007, 10:16 AM »
Not too exciting. Will the rodians be a 2-pack? I guess the Clone trooper is the most exciting of the bunch.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 7, 2007, 10:27 AM »
I think the Rodian is just one figure and, if you want twins, you buy two. Like the Cantina Musician...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 7, 2007, 10:52 AM »
Wow, aside from the Holo Vader and poncho Clone, that is by far the worst wave of figures I've ever seen.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2007, 11:07 AM »
Are you ******** me??!

1 cool figure? ::)

this sucks ass

DS

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2007, 11:29 AM »
I'm a little disappointed its just a "repaints" wave, I guess for some reason I was hoping they might shift forward some other wave that was scheduled for early 2008 - but maybe this is what was planned for the end of the year "repaint-o-rama" we've gotten the last couple of years.  Overall, kind of a boring wave to me as well.  I'll pick up the Holo Vader, R2-B1, and the Clone w/poncho is cool too, but beyond that I don't know.  I might pick up the repainted Rodians, just for some "new" alien variety - but I'm not sure beyond that.  Of course, they'll probably have individual coins, so that might make passing on them more difficult if I have a complete set up to that point - we'll see.
« Last Edit: May 7, 2007, 11:41 AM by Brian »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
"New" basic figs...wave??
« Reply #35 on: May 7, 2007, 11:59 AM »
Well, here's some info on a filler wave

gotta love that red jumpsuit  ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
Re: "New" basic figs...wave??
« Reply #36 on: May 7, 2007, 12:00 PM »
What.  Ever.   The first two figs, okay, poncho Clone Trooper, okay, the rest: didn't Hasbro joke about doing an all pegwarmer wave at Comic-Con once?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 7, 2007, 12:31 PM »
Endboo2?

Ok, not too excited.  Were the pegs at my TRUs not a sea of mustard yellow, I might be more interested in a different Nabooian.  As it is, this really doesn't bode well and I'm hoping this doesn't make it to Canada, lest they sour retailers even more. 

At least they threw in a couple of clones and a droid, so those will move.  Gummi-Vader should too.  Rodians?  Well, cheap for Hasbro I suppose.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2007, 01:20 PM »
Wow, this wave is taking a beating.  I actually don't think this list is too bad, especially considering that Hasbro had to do some fast tinkering to replace the force unleashed stuff.  We get a holo vader - that was bound to happen eventually with all the other holo figs.  Lots of troop builders - good guys and bad guys, couple of background aliens...what's not to like?  I'm underwhelmed by yet another clonetrooper repaint, but otherwise this is an okay wave IMO.  Admit it - this is ten times better than yet another Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Threepio, and R2 in the same duds we already have 20 versions of. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Force Unleashed Replacement Wave
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2007, 01:43 PM »
I guess we all should have known that any "last-minute" fill in wave would be all repaints, so no surprise there.

I like the idea of upgrading R2-B1 (much like the Red Royal Starship Droid update) and I also like the Animated CW Clone too.

As far as the others... meh.  A Greedo repaint?  Really?  ???
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 7, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Red Naboo Flight Crew??

Red Naboo Flight Crew??

Red Naboo Flight Crew??

YES!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!111111

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 7, 2007, 05:33 PM »

I like the idea of upgrading R2-B1 (much like the Red Royal Starship Droid update) and I also like the Animated CW Clone too.

Ditto.  But will they include the charging station?  I thought that was one of the cooler accessories to come with an astro droid.

As for the Clone in the poncho?  I hope they don't just recycle the Luke or Qui-Gon ponchos for this one.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 7, 2007, 05:56 PM »
Okay, it has to be said before we go on with the thread (and use your Comic Book Guy voice, everybody!):

WORST.

WAVE.

EVER.

Seriously, it's the 30th Anniversary year and THIS is what Hasbro comes up with?  I mean, Holographic Vader and R2-B1 aside, none of those figures (even the Clones) really stand out as adequate "replacement" figures to me.  Why not repaint the Tin Sandtrooper with an orange pauldron and some dirt, or the previously suggested DST in gray, or the day-glo Han and Luke Stormtroopers in movie deco?  Does anyone (other than the obvious, of course) think that a red Naboo Soldier and a slightly repainted Greedo are going to get folks excited? 

Oh well, the good news is that it will be the last wave of 30AC figures, meaning I won't be too torn up about not finding them on pegs for months on end.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #43 on: May 7, 2007, 07:03 PM »
I guess we all should have known that any "last-minute" fill in wave would be all repaints, so no surprise there.

Yeah there's no shocker there to me really...  The red Naboo guy I'm not overly shocked about either, I kind of figured when they used a pic that included him on the packaging that he'd get done, just a matter of time.  Fortunately for me he's not a pegwarmer here much (I stress much, he's easy enough to find if you want).

The Rodians and Gummi Vader I think will warm the most...  Naboo guy next.  I think the others have moving potential though, honestly.  I'm kind of psyched for the AOTC Clone too, and I don't mind the ROTS repaint...  Just not as cool as some of the other repaints.  It's on level with the 5th Fleet repaint, which is the most dull IMO.

Droid's good, especially if you have the original and wanted an update...  It's boring as a whole wave but I think there's a couple gems there for people.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 7, 2007, 08:04 PM »
I LOVE this wave!!!  ;D

Holo Vader, finally, R2-B1, not only a repack but a R4-G9 REPAINT, and poncho clone, this is AWESOME!!! Rebel vanguard also looks promising, I love Battlefront!!! It will definitely tide me over until the FU waves.  8)  ;D  8)

I hope the coins will work with the album, if not thatll be retarded.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 7, 2007, 08:04 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!