Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41892 times)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Force Unleashed Replacement Wave
« Reply #45 on: May 7, 2007, 08:18 PM »
I agree that this is not the most exciting wave  However:

R2-B1 seems to be something people have been wanting to get for awhile now.   

Hologram Vader - Another one people have wanted for awhile now. 

Clone w/ Poncho - You know that will go over pretty well. 

Clonetrooper - Brown Dot - Eh, not great but it's a different clonetrooper and will probably do as well at the other SAGA repainted clonetroopers. 

Red Naboo Guard - Kind of an ok compliment for the yellow one which did not pegwarm nearly as badly as I thought it would.  To be honest red would probably go over a bit better. 

Rodian - It will probably do okay.  I have zero desire for this one but apparently others do. 

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 7, 2007, 08:59 PM »
A wave like this really drives home to me how much the hobby has changed for me since the mid-to-late 90's.  Back then, every figure was new and exclusively from the OT, so I bought everything.  Now, I must get fewer than half of Hasbro-produced figures since so many are PT (especially ROTS)- themed, or repaints of said waves.  And I thought the 30th Anniversary would be all OT!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 7, 2007, 10:05 PM »
ill get the vanguard and the clones..possibly the droid aswell BUT what am i talking about i wont see this wave...last waves never hit Canada.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 7, 2007, 11:14 PM »
ill get the vanguard and the clones..possibly the droid aswell BUT what am i talking about i wont see this wave...last waves never hit Canada.

Is this supposed to be the last wave of TAC figs?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #49 on: May 7, 2007, 11:48 PM »
I like background stuff, but these are just ho-hum...

What about a Gray suited DST?

What about another R5 repaint?

What about a silver version of thrnoe 3P0 as E-3PO from Bespin?

I can think of much cooler, MOVIE ACCURATE,  repaints than these...

In a way, I feel bad for Hasbro about this wave.  Here they are trying to get the EU ball rolling by producing a line of figures to go along with a game, and when the game is delayed, they are forced to put out rushed, low interest product.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 8, 2007, 06:41 AM »

Is this supposed to be the last wave of TAC figs?

well it is the last one listed on RS and they have about 60 on that list so im guessing it is.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 8, 2007, 08:57 AM »
Seriously, it's the 30th Anniversary year and THIS is what Hasbro comes up with?  I mean, Holographic Vader and R2-B1 aside, none of those figures (even the Clones) really stand out as adequate "replacement" figures to me.  Why not repaint the Tin Sandtrooper with an orange pauldron and some dirt, or the previously suggested DST in gray, or the day-glo Han and Luke Stormtroopers in movie deco?  Does anyone (other than the obvious, of course) think that a red Naboo Soldier and a slightly repainted Greedo are going to get folks excited? 

I kind of like this idea as well - aside from the thought that if this is the last wave they would be tough to find.  There are a few figures in this wave that I'll pick up (Holo Vader, R2-B1, and the poncho Clone), but it does seem like some OT repaints would have been pretty cool - and welcome.  I really like the ones you listed there - Sandtrooper w/orange pauldron, Gray DST, and accurately painted Luke and Han Stormtroopers from the comic packs.  I think we could probably come up with a wave of 6 or 7 OT based figures that would be simple repaints that everyone would be pretty excited about.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 8, 2007, 09:28 AM »

What about a Gray suited DST?

What about another R5 repaint?

What about a silver version of thrnoe 3P0 as E-3PO from Bespin?

Now that's a repaint wave.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 8, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Forget these lame repaints, how about a McQuarrie only wave at the end?  It'd be a great way to help out the collectors who missed every single one in the beginning... :-\

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 8, 2007, 10:54 AM »
Forget these lame repaints, how about a McQuarrie only wave at the end?  It'd be a great way to help out the collectors who missed every single one in the beginning... :-\

+1... include a regular carded R2/3PO 2 pack and that would work for me. What is rumored is "bleh" to me. I would pass. At least a McQuarrie wave would allow those who missed them (or want more) a chance.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 8, 2007, 11:18 AM »
It's not really worth complaining about if you ask me.  The video game delay screwed up their production schedule.  Since it takes over a year to get a figure from the drawing board to the shelves, there was virtually no chance of new figures or pushing forward 2008 figures.  So they're doing the best they can and trying to come up with some semi-clever repaint/repack items to keep product flowing.

Not the greatest thing ever, but not the end of the world at all.

Offline Since1978

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 8, 2007, 01:46 PM »
O.K. time me here....

R5-*# - Any R5 Unit Repaint - At least EIGHT Astromech repaints are still out there
RA-7 - Black or Silver - proper repaint
U3P0 or E3P0 - Silver or Pewter repaint
Random Rebel Pilot - head swap and random helmet markings (not even new toolings for specific known pilots)
Ten Nunb - proper Red Flight Suit on the Sullustian pilot

So there's 14 possibilities that I just came up with in about 30 seconds.

While there are a couple of good choices on this list - particularly holo vader (so long as he's neutrally posed) - the rest are pretty lame

I suspect this reflects the "thrown together" nature of the wave, and that they had to come up with something quickly to fill in the gap left by FU...

'78

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #57 on: May 8, 2007, 03:03 PM »
We should see this wave in early 2009 at the rate TAC is hitting shelves.
Overall this is a good repaints wave sans the Rodian and Orange Soda Pop Clone. I hope the have boots for thast greedo repaint how are they going to get around those slippers. The overall deco is too close to Greedo.

The rebal Vanguard sounds like a great refresh and the poncho clonbe is very welcome. R2-B1 and the Redl Naboo work for me as well. Holo Vader...zzzzzzz
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #58 on: May 8, 2007, 03:04 PM »
Add to that...

-AT-ST Driver...  Imp. Officer w/different head (Tantive IV Rebel?) & Han AT-ST Helmet...
-Imp. Technician...  Imp. Officer decoed grey w/black hat.

And if they wanted to make them more articulated, the POTF2 TIE Pilot pack-in with bendable knees has legs that fit the Imp. Officer body perfectly.  It's automatically a better figure.  Though I think maybe the DSG legs might work too now.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #59 on: May 8, 2007, 03:10 PM »
I love the imperial refresh, superb idea! Lets lose the clone, vader and Rodian. That Rodian is going to warm pegs really bad. You can still find VOTC Greedo for $2 and people still passed. thats the kind of crap that boggles the mind in this obscure choice. This would have made a great refresh plus they are already using the tool. Naboo Soldier body with Black Rebel Endor head = ICMG!:

« Last Edit: May 8, 2007, 03:13 PM by JACKOFTRADZE »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/