Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41897 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2007, 12:56 PM »
It's alright I guess.  The Naboo soldier I just don't understand, the Orange one sucked and 6 months later can still find on the shelf at the rate they've sold you'll probably see the 2 of them together on the shelf  ;D  Rodian is OK will buy for customs.  R2-definate, love the Astro OCD in me  :P  I'm getting kinda cloned out but with all the OT love I might be looking forward to these by the time they roll out. PASS on the rebel like the idea but the execution uh uh.  The Vader uh uh as well they should've used a neutral pose like the one that came in the Tat battle pack, unless that is a gust of wind was blowing while Vader was on the Holopad  ::)
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 9, 2007, 03:33 PM »
http://www.jedidefender.com/gallery/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Conventions/Celebration_IV/Hasbro&image=DSC02721.JPG&img=32&tt=

Could this be from the evolutions set?  Except for the 30AC Tin set, blue version, they really haven't used that mold.  Since I wasn't there can anybody that was remember if the helmet looked "rubbery?"
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: July 9, 2007, 04:33 PM »
Could this be from the evolutions set? 

According to the info from Hasbro at Celebration IV, that Clone Wars poncho clone is supposed to be a repaint using the Clone Wars 03-50 figure (the one in the Saga Legends line right now).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 9, 2007, 05:08 PM »
Could this be from the evolutions set? 

According to the info from Hasbro at Celebration IV, that Clone Wars poncho clone is supposed to be a repaint using the Clone Wars 03-50 figure (the one in the Saga Legends line right now).

DAMN!!!    >:(

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 9, 2007, 05:13 PM »
The ROTS era Clone Trooper does appear to be the Evolutions Clone Trooper from Episode III.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 9, 2007, 06:16 PM »
It does look like that to me too Nicklab.  I love that figure except for the size of the helmet.  I don't like the contrast in comparison to the non-removable helmets on ROTS clones.  for AOTC clones, it doesn't bother me as much or at all for that matter.

Is it me or does the ponch clone's visor look huge?  I'll probably have to get one of these to open before I decide it I want multiples or not.

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 9, 2007, 08:07 PM »

Is it me or does the ponch clone's visor look huge?  I'll probably have to get one of these to open before I decide it I want multiples or not.

:P

Even though Im all for accuracy, the helmet makes it look a little more Clone Wars cartoon-ish, but still not too bad. Ill probably pick up a few.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 9, 2007, 10:44 PM »
Where's the Rebel Vanguard's cannon?  >:(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2007, 01:04 AM »
Back where he dropped it...

Actually I THINK I recall them saying he wouldn't come with it.  Sucks, but I remember someone asking that to them at some point, and Hasbro giving the impression there was nothing new tooled for that figure at all.  Just all existing parts.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2007, 12:27 PM »
Visor does look a little big, probably just not painted to the "perfection" of the mass production we see in stores.  :P  Yeah that does look like the ROTS evo on brown spot clone.  Looking at the R2-B1 isn't that the VOTC R2 sculpt?  Usually I can tell by the front panel, but maybe it's because of the color blue they use it's hard to tell, but the dome looks like it has that sensor scope thing.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2007, 07:51 PM »
Back where he dropped it...

Actually I THINK I recall them saying he wouldn't come with it.  Sucks, but I remember someone asking that to them at some point, and Hasbro giving the impression there was nothing new tooled for that figure at all.  Just all existing parts.

WTF!!!??? Wow, it just went from a pretty exciting Battlefront figure to a definite PASS. Too bad.  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2007, 10:35 PM »
I don't see why they couldn't packed in the missile launcher from the EU Battlefront Clone Trooper pack in with the Vanguard. I still get it anyways, but it would have been nice to get the launcher.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2007, 10:41 PM »
I really hope that the rumor about no missile launcher for the Vanguard is not true. I think Hasbro is capable of tooling up some new accessories for the figures in this wave, but if they can't, then the least they can do is include the rifle from the Saga Endor Rebel Soldier or T-21 Blaster from the Evolutions Sandtrooper. I would hate to have the two Vanguards that I plan to buy wield pistols in combat. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #88 on: July 11, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Keep in mind, and I'm the last guy to say Hasbro didn't **** up usually either, but just remember that these were pretty hastilly slapped together (the wave that is) to cover their tracks on the bumping of the Force Unleashed wave, which is now part of 2008's line-up.

I can sorta cut them some slack there, but I mean they have to have had a GI Joe weapon somewhere they could've used too I'd think, but with moving things around at factories and where you have production set for these and all...  I can sort of just cut a little slack to them I guess, with the thought that these were really a rush-job of a wave to fill in a slot.

Personally, other than the Clone, I could've done without the wave entirely, and just seen them reship the harder to find figures in this wave's distribution slot instead.  Lots of McFigures would've been appreciated at that time I think.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2007, 09:24 AM »

Personally, other than the Clone, I could've done without the wave entirely,

I could have done without the wave entirely. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."