Author Topic: 30AC Wave 7.5 - Repaint Replacement Wave  (Read 41891 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 8 - Repaint Replacement Wave
« Reply #105 on: October 8, 2007, 09:12 AM »

Sooo, where's the cool accessory they went through the trouble of painting here? (The thing below the gun.)

EDIT: Oh, upon a closser look, it's a pod racer. :-[
« Last Edit: October 8, 2007, 09:15 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 8, 2007, 09:47 AM »

What's up with his helmet? It looks like it's missing the black stripe above the visor. I hope this gets fixed.

As a Battlefront I fanatic, I think Rebel Vanguard looks very cool! But he will have to come with the missile launcher for me to buy him.

I really, REALLY like Pax Bonkik. I wish the boots could be accurate, but this is still a great repaint.

I think this 'ketchup' repaint of the pegwarming 'mustard' trooper will actually sell a lot better. The paint really makes a difference, at least it does for me. The card art of the character in action will also probably get a lot more kid or parent buyers rather than the Saga version that just had a picture of him standing there. I will buy at least five, seriously!

So where's M&M trooper, R2-B1, and gummi Vader?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 8, 2007, 10:36 AM »
This wave seems to be a little light in the accessories department. The troopers I can understand, but would have been nice to see Pak with something extra. Maybe some tools or a box of some sort. They even left off the holster that Greedo came with. I wonder if R2-B1 will have the charging unit that the E1 figure came with? I hope these are test shots of the figures and not final. There is much to be changed on them IMO. Over all they look good, just hope for more when I see them on selves.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #108 on: October 8, 2007, 11:03 AM »
This wave seems to be a little light in the accessories department.

This wave is the perfect example of why Hasbro needs to consider the "build-a-something" concept. 

I know that I sure would be a lot more excited about the repaints in this wave if we were getting a "Build A L8-L9" or "Build A HK-47" piece with each of these repaint figures.   :D

Of course, then everyone would bitch that they have to buy "all these figures that suck" to get all the parts... ;)
« Last Edit: October 8, 2007, 11:04 AM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #109 on: October 8, 2007, 11:10 AM »
I would have liked Pax to include at least some accessories. A Pit Droid, pod racer banner/flag or even make it a Pax/Wald 2 pack.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 8, 2007, 11:20 AM »
The lack of accessories in this wave most likely stems from the fact that Hasbro lost money on all of the spectacular pack-ins we received druing the first part of the year!

;)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 8, 2007, 11:24 AM »
I thought the BF Vanguard was supposed to include his launcher? I'll get it nonetheless.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #112 on: October 8, 2007, 12:24 PM »
As others have pointed out, the RVT is also missing his coin. 

It is most likely an early carded sample and as such, may not be the actual finished product.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 8, 2007, 12:27 PM »
To be honest, I'm not super excited about this wave necessarily either.  I'm definitely looking forward to R2-B1 since I missed the TPM version, and the Clone with poncho and Holo Vader look nice, but aside from that I think I would pass on the rest of these.  Sadly, I think I'll get the whole wave because I want the coins like a sucker.  Its not that I hate the figures though, but if it was a year where they just had stands or something, I'd probably be more likely to pass - especially with the money crunch and all the stuff shipping right now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #114 on: October 8, 2007, 02:20 PM »
I too will buy for the coins more than anything, but I gotta say I'm kind of liking the "breather" this wave is going to hopefully bring by not making me want to buy multiples of anything but the muddy clone wars Clone.  Maybe two of the Rodian, but otherwise I'll be quite ready to NOT go ape**** buying extras of these, and maybe actually get somewhat of a break for 2007.  It's been one of the toughest years collecting on me, without a doubt.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 9, 2007, 12:23 AM »
The lack of accessories in this wave most likely stems from the fact that Hasbro lost money on all of the spectacular pack-ins we received druing the first part of the year!

;)

I thought that too, but it's hard to stomack these at the price when we have been getting so many great figures this year. This wave is going to make the last wave that much harded to get, as you are going to see a dam up of these everywhere. I really hate when Hasbro offers repaints/repacks with nothing special. I hope I'm wrong on this as the last wave has many figures I'm looking forward too. I'll be getting at least one of each, as many others mainly for the coin, but I can see then on pegs until first quarter 2008.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 05:57 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 12, 2007, 06:19 PM »
Wow...pretty crappy stuff here except for the droid of course.

The Vanguard's "cannon" is huge - even for a Transformer.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 12, 2007, 06:44 PM »
ill take one of each for the coin. but ill also take one extra mud trooper and 1 extra rebel.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #119 on: October 12, 2007, 07:30 PM »
That rocket launcher is perfect for my wookie customs :D I'm actually relatively excited.