Author Topic: Vintage (Topps) Star Wars Cards  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Vintage (Topps) Star Wars Cards
« on: February 3, 2006, 04:00 PM »
Does anyone here collect the vintage topps Star Wars card sets (or maybe already have them all)?  I bought some packs of cards as a kid, and those basically got ruined by the time I went looking for them as an adult again, so I've been interested in picking them up again if possible.  I picked up the ROTJ set a few years ago on ebay pretty cheap, and now I've turned my sights on the ESB set(s).  I'm not quite as familiar with these overall (didn't have many of these or ANH ones), so I've started researching them (mainly on StarWarsCards.net).  Are any cards, or card sets, particularly tough to find?  Anyways, just wondering if anyone else here collected these, or was interested in them at all...past or present.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage (Topps) Star Wars Cards
« Reply #1 on: February 3, 2006, 05:44 PM »
I inherited a huge pile of these when I was really young from one of my much older cousins.  Naturally, I wanted to put them in a binder to display them, but I didn't have any sheets to do that.  Instead, I taped each individual card to looseleaf paper and put them in a binder.  :-\

I still have those same cards to this day, but they are now in the proper sheets.  Unfortunately, they all have a piece of tape stuck to them.   ::)  Ah well, I guess I didn't know any better at that age.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 7, 2006, 07:09 PM »
I collect the cards, too. Most are put in binders now. The only thing is I did a lot of trading to get the ANH ones and I'm still missing some of the orange series and a lot of the stickers. I really havent' been active on the old stuff in a long time, though I did get the Sith sets the past year.

ps, if anybody's interested in trading in some cards, I'm game.
« Last Edit: February 7, 2006, 07:11 PM by Darth Vlad »

Offline mr director

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2006, 09:49 AM »
I have ANH green, yellow and red series, ESB series 1 & 2, and both ROTJ series.  These cards are either in sheets or in those plastic boxes.  I'm sure you can check ebay, sometimes there are auctions for ANH.  ESB series 3 is tough to find.  Stickers for ANH and ESB are also tough.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 9, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I know that it's been a while since anyone posted here, but I recently found all of my cards when I moved out of my last house.  I ended up putting them in a binder and will hopefully display these when I build my SW collection room in my basement.

I have the Blue, Red, Yellow, Green and Orange sets from ANH (not complete).  Almost a complete set of ESB series through card 132 and a piecemeal of the rest up to 348.  Then I also have a set of ROTJ (not complete).

It was also fun discovering that I had 'Incredible Hulk - The TV Series', 'Mork and Mindy', 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Superman - The Movie', 'KISS', and Series 1-3 of Garbage Pail Kids cards all tucked away in a shoe box.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 9, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Sith, you don't happen to have extras of any ANH orange, do ya? Or any extras of any series?

I have a few extras from the ANH, a bunch of the ESB and RotJ sets that I could help you out with if you like.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 09:51 PM »
Sith, you don't happen to have extras of any ANH orange, do ya? Or any extras of any series?

I have a few extras from the ANH, a bunch of the ESB and RotJ sets that I could help you out with if you like.

PM sent.  Hope I can help.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 02:57 PM »
I have a set of the ROTJ cards in a binder, and its one of my longer term collecting goals to get the rest of the OT-based sets (the vintage ones).  There was something about cards when you are a kid especially, they just seemed so cool back then.  I was recently cleaning out some sports cards (and getting rid of some), and found cards for the 1989 Batman movie as well.  I've also got some Marvel Universe cards from the 90/91 timeframe.  Ah, those good old days when cards were 50 cents a pack (or less).