Author Topic: Master Replica Scaled Helmets  (Read 22191 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Master Replica Scaled Helmets
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 04:18 PM »
which trooper helmet did you wind up getting JediMac...the .45 scale or the full scale?

Now that would be funny if he ordered the wrong one :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 04:37 PM »
which trooper helmet did you wind up getting JediMac...the .45 scale or the full scale?

The scaled one, same as the Wedge (this is the scaled thread, after all ;)).  But if they want to send me the full sized version for only $45, I suppose I wouldn't turn it down.  :P

Or maybe I would.  'Cause then Brent here would still have bragging rights...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2007, 12:07 PM »
It took all of six minutes to get caught up on the scaled helmets.  My Wedge order went through just fine. 

I opted against getting a new Stormtrooper though.  I'll just dunk mine in a tub of bleach.

Offline nitro

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2007, 11:56 AM »

I opted against getting a new Stormtrooper though.  I'll just dunk mine in a tub of bleach.

That's exactly why I backed away from the scaled Stormtrooper helmet. A buddy of mine owns a few of the Riddell Helmets and his Stormie helmet has yellowed over time.

Offline DarkKnight2k4

• Jedi Apprentice
  • You underestimate my power...
    • View Profile
    • New Jersey Star Wars Collectors Club
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2007, 01:12 PM »
There was a BHS version of the scaled one on display at the MR party Sunday night.

Now that one i would shoot for. No yellowing there ! ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Received notice that the Wedge scaled helmet should be shipping the week of June 29th.  Still saddened by the news of no Tie Pilot helmet from these folks, it would have been a very nice addition. 

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 9, 2007, 09:43 PM »
Well, I would have had my Wedge helmet today but I guess I have to be home and sign for it IN PERSON.  Luckily, I called DHL and explained I am never, ever going to be home before 5pm and the lady said she would re-direct delivery and have them come Wednesday after five.  It would be nice to know this ahead of time (as in why the hell didn't Master Replica let me know) and can assume it will be this way when the full size helmets start shipping.  I can't have them shipped to the mill so I'll have to hop on that shipping notice right away and call and request after 5pm delivery.  I hope all the personel at DHL are as helpful/friendly as the lady was tonight.

*sigh*, it's just not going to be a good week.... :-\
Beth

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2007, 12:06 AM »
DHL -- Deliver However Late.  ;)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2007, 03:22 AM »
Well, I would have had my Wedge helmet today but I guess I have to be home and sign for it IN PERSON.

Yikes, didn't realize that would be the case.  Hope that's not a problem for me as well, though I'm guessing it might be.  I got that "Shipping soon" notification a week or two ago as well, but didn't pay it much attention, but I guess these are finally on the way here now, so that's cool.  Any know how far behind the Snowtrooper helmet's gonna be?  I don't recall the shipping date on that one.  Still annoying that I had to resort to MR's version after all these years of not having the Riddell version, but I guess mine will be much more white than Brent's, so that's really all that matters, I suppose.  Though I do feel like I'm cheating a little by going with the MR one.  Plus, aren't the stands going to be different, or are they using Riddell's stands too?  I don't recall that either, but if MR's stand differs from my four Riddell stands, that'll be a bit of a bug up my OCD's ass too.

Bummer on that TIE Pilot helmet as well, since that's always been that nagging piece that was almost made before, so I've always felt like it should be in my collection for some reason.  But to barely miss out on it twice now is going to seriously annoy me.  Perhaps whoever picks up MR's license in the future (if anyone does), they'll pick up with this line.  Time will tell...

So has anyone else received their Wedge helmets yet?

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2007, 05:28 PM »
Well, apparently DHL delivery people don't read the updates because they came at 10:31am and this time, they left me a little sticker that said they'd be back tomorrow in the "am" and if I could sign where they circled, they'd leave the box.. WTF?? If it comes tomorrow, I'll be happy - if not....I'll be ripping someone a new *******.  :-*

*think happy thoughts*
Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 10, 2007, 11:07 PM »
- if not....I'll be ripping someone a new *******.  :-*

Pictures please. :)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2007, 07:29 PM »
I assume you mean these pictures  ;)

Beth

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Well, no. :(  But I'll forgive you.  This time ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007, 02:22 AM »
Oooh, spiffy looking!  Thanks for sharing, Beth.  Jealous, I am.  Hopefully mine's here soon though.

I guess I wasn't even paying attention on the Shadow Trooper helmet, or maybe I'd originally just blown it off as "EU", but now I'm second guessing myself in not wanting that one too.  Anyone else order it already?  Ugh.  I just can't decide...  :-\

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2007, 03:37 AM »
You do realize that if you don't get it and Brent does that you'll never hear the end of it.   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.