Multimedia > The Prequel Trilogy

Dagobah is Naboo?

(1/2) > >>

Batman:
How many of you have heard the rumor that in episode III Naboo is going to be destroyed and eventually become dagobah?  I personally think it is ridiculous and won't happen, but what do you guys think?

???

Dressel Rebel:
I guess it's entirely possible.

But this reminds me, I shouldn't be visiting these threads.  I want EIII to be the first time I see a Star Wars film without having knowledge of this kind before hand.  I ruined the experience of EI and EII with spoilers.

I'll talk to you all about the mushroom cloud over Naboo after the flick!

In the meantime, catch you in the action figure forums!

:D

Darth Kenobi:
I have heard about it as will but think its BS.  I hope Lucas will make the two two different plants.  

--- Quote ---But this reminds me, I shouldn't be visiting these threads.  I want EIII to be the first time I see a Star Wars film without having knowledge of this kind before hand.  I ruined the experience of EI and EII with spoilers.
--- End quote ---
When they start fliming (I think end of June or July) I'm going to stay away from spoliers as will.  I want to at least one time not know what happens before hand.

Darth Broem:
I don't think I will be able to resist the spoilers.  I will try but my curiousity will get the better of me.  Especially since the wait is still a few years.  

I don't think Naboo will become Dagobah.  If it does then it's fine with me.

MisterPL:
George just LOVES recurring themes (IE - hasn't had an original thought in 30 years).

Episode III will feature a prototype Death Star superlaser. This prototype will test its destructive power on Amidala's home planet of Naboo. It won't work to Sidious's expectations, simply destroying all humanoid life. He goes to the designers and demands something that completely reduces the planet to space debris.

The destruction of "Naboo" accomplishes a lot in a short period of time:

- demonstrates the Sith's ruthlessly evil intent
- kills Padme and Jar Jar and the remaining Jedi
- creates a new setting of volcanic ruin for Anakin to battle Kenobi ("This is YOUR fault!")
- echoes Kenobi's sense of death vs. change ("...from a certain point of view." ::))
- explains why Dagobah is such a center of darkness
- gives Yoda a great hiding place

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version