Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto IV  (Read 16188 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Grand Theft Auto IV
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Trailer 2

GTA IV will be available for both the 360 and PS3.  Each version will have it's own "exclusive downloadable episodic content," which should be a lot of fun for everybody.

Maybe not:

Microsoft Pays $50M for Downloadable "Grand Theft Auto" Content

New York - Microsoft has paid video game publisher Take-Two Interactive $50 million for the exclusive rights to offer downloadable episodes for its "Grand Theft Auto IV" game over the Xbox Live Marketplace service for the Xbox 360.

Wired News reported that Take-Two confirmed the deal in conference call with reporters.

The retail version of the game is slated for release for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on Oct. 16; the first downloadable "episodic content package" will launch exclusively on Xbox 360 in March 2008, with a second package slated for release later that year.

Take-Two says that it currently only plans to release the downloadable content for the Xbox 360.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #16 on: August 2, 2007, 09:50 PM »
Delayed!

Take-Two is reducing its fiscal 2007 guidance primarily to reflect the movement of the launch of Grand Theft Auto IV for the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from the fourth quarter of fiscal 2007 to fiscal 2008, due to additional development time required to complete the title. The title is now planned for release in the Company's second quarter of fiscal 2008.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 2, 2007, 11:27 PM »
So it'll come out next Spring/Summer then. Interesting. I like that they're actually taking time to make the game perfect and not rushing it out just to compete with Halo 3.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2007, 11:52 AM »

New trailer today at 3:00 Eastern/2:00 Central

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/trailer_splash.html

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2007, 03:58 PM »
I can't wait for this. That new trailer just made it a definate buy for me.
I remember my dream now.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2007, 04:37 PM »
Maybe I just missed it, but were there any gameplay shots?

Offline Oboewan

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2007, 04:30 PM »
I'm sure some of the driving and fighting scenes were actual gameplay rather than just a cut scene/movie but we'll just have to see.    I can't wait to pick this up with FU next year for my PS3!

Jeff
"Who is more the fool... the fool or the fool who posts after him?"

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2008, 04:34 PM »

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2008, 01:34 AM »
I can't wait. I know there are some who could care less about this game but I love the series. I just wanna find the right establishment that has the better giveaway with this game.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2008, 11:17 PM »
What kind of give-aways do you think there will be??

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2008, 04:49 AM »
The only one I know of right now is the EB/Gamestop limited edition that comes with a duffle bag, key chain, cd and safe deposit box.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 11:24 AM »
That is actually a lot of goodies. Will it cost more??

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Will it cost more??

But of course!

$60 for the regular, $90 for the SE.

Not an EB/Gamestop exclusive, as far as I can tell.

Amazon (with exclusive license plate)

Best Buy

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 01:10 AM »
My bad I never checked anyone else so I figured it was just their exclusive.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 01:51 PM »
Finally, some new information on downloadable content:

GTA IV downloads this autumn

GDC08: Additional content for Xbox 360 owners to hit Xbox Live later in the year

Keen to publicise what is still believed to be an exclusive deal, Microsoft has stated that Rockstar’s downloadable content for upcoming title Grand Theft Auto IV will not arrive until the autumn.

Grand Theft Auto IV will be released on Xbox 360 and PS3 on April 29th, and could yet prove to be the biggest next-gen hit to date.

Not much is yet known about the DLC Rockstar has lined up for the game, though two separate ‘episodes’ have been previously mentioned.

It has been confirmed that the game will support online multiplayer on both Xbox 360 and PS3, though it is still thought that the downloads will be exclusive to Xbox Live.

And more:

GTA IV Exclusive Content Equal To San Andreas/Vice City

So it Looks like Microsoft has finally announced what it's Exclusive DLC deal w/ Rockstar really means, according to Microsoft each episode of DLC content will be equal to the games San Andreas and Vice City for Ps2/Xbox. They have also stated that Digital Downloads will be the new way to deliver the GTA "Expansions."

So it looks like with this new announcement if you were planning on playing the Vice City/San Andreas versions of GTA IV the 360 is the Definitive version to get, with the first expansion arriving as early as Fall this year and the next one to follow-up in 2009.

GTAIV DLC

* When MS says exclusive, they mean that no other system can have DLC content for GTAIV

* It will be bigger than a lot of people think. GTA3 Vice City and San Andreas were basically expansions of GTA3. Think of the DLC that way. We are talking major expansion for GTAIV

* No price has been discussed yet. It’s up to Rockstar on whether or not they will charge for it

* If successful, DLC may be the new way to deliver GTA expansions

Sounds good. . .  for 360 owners