Author Topic: Hook, line, and sinker...the stuff you bought into as a kid!!  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
You know, the food items and what not that comes out and marketed for kids is IMHO, really stupid. However I don't think a lot of us who grew up in the 80's can claim the higher ground neither. I mean hell, even though this was just flavored water, ie Kool Aid, for a long time every time during the weekly grocery trip, I would put in a package of these in the cart!! Same thing as Kool Aid, just in a nifty portable package. Which didn't serve us good, me and my friends would drink em as soon as we got to the house!

What else do you remember falling for?? Food, clothes, fads, whatever!!

On the fads side, I fell for those spiked belts that all the "punks" were wearing!! LOL!! I hadn't even gotten to my headbanging days, and I was already leaning towards the punks side! Thing is, I would wear it with my Espirit shirts!! :o
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
Re: Hook, line, and sinker...the stuff you bought into as a kid!!
« Reply #1 on: April 3, 2007, 04:57 PM »
Squeez-its were good.

I wore many things that were in style over there years, but the big fad I remember buying into clothing-wise was Reebok "Pumps".  Those were really expensive, but I convinced my parents to get me some, and they told me I had to wear them until they wore out, which I did.  Everyone had them and finally I did too, except I wore the damn things for another 4 months after they were no longer cool....because I had promised I would.  ;D

Got Clones?

Offline sntee25

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 3, 2007, 11:12 PM »
You should feel special LJ, my first post here and it's in your thread.  Okay to the question at hand, JoshEEE you may have had the pumps but I was all about the Jordans.  Owned every pair through X.  My school colors were green and white but I talked our team into wearing the first Jordans (red and black) for our summer league. Looked like a bunch of color blind catholics school boys but we were cool.

I was also a big Sperry Topsider fan as well.  Glad I don't have pics of that...
It's not just football, its Notre Dame football

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 3, 2007, 11:23 PM »
You should feel special LJ,

Oh she is.

She is.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 3, 2007, 11:29 PM »
Wow, the only 2 real posts come from scummers...wonder if that means anything?? Fammy do you ever contribute to the topic at hand, or is your lot in life to try to make witty comments. Too bad you don't do either! ;)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2007, 11:36 PM by Lady Jaye »
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 4, 2007, 01:12 AM »
Wow, the only 2 real posts come from scummers...wonder if that means anything??

I don't think its that, so much as the fact that this topic simply isn't that compelling. Are you asking people what marketing ploys they bought into as kinder, or what fads they participated in? Seems to me that there are two discernable points of focus here, which might be why you've only had limited success here.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #6 on: April 4, 2007, 01:28 AM »
Squeez-its were good.

I wore many things that were in style over there years, but the big fad I remember buying into clothing-wise was Reebok "Pumps".  Those were really expensive, but I convinced my parents to get me some, and they told me I had to wear them until they wore out, which I did.  Everyone had them and finally I did too, except I wore the damn things for another 4 months after they were no longer cool....because I had promised I would.  ;D

I had those, or at least the cheap LA Gear knockoffs. Luckily, I live in Iowa, so the fad lasted longer than the shoes did.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline tonphanan

• Jedi Initiate
  • " Has anyone seen my wits?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2007, 11:22 PM »
Army Ants

Same concept as the Little Green Army Men. They were about 2-3 inches tall and were one piece molds (for the most part) with cartoonish Ants with weapons in battle poses.

« Last Edit: April 8, 2007, 11:49 PM by tonphanan »
Throw an Ewok at him

Offline Deanna Rash

• Jedi Padawan
  • AH ! Whatta you know a jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 8, 2007, 11:43 PM »
Let's see Voltron,He-man,Thundercats,Gi Joe,Planet of the apes,Atari 2600 games my favorite pitfall
The ablity to speak does not make you intelligent - now get out of here!

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2007, 03:20 PM »
Strangers with candy.

But I only fell for it once.

« Last Edit: April 9, 2007, 03:22 PM by ruiner »