Author Topic: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies  (Read 33381 times)

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Re: Batman v Superman / Justice League / DC Movies
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2018, 08:32 AM »
  I think Banner is really the only major casting change in Marvel.

Rhodey/War Machine? Terrence Howard, the forgotten non-Avenger!

Would you call that "major" though?  I wouldn't. 
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: May 28, 2019, 07:06 AM »
I'm not a big DC guy, but don't they have these universe resetting events like Infinite Crisis or 52 where some cosmic change merges realities?  Are any of those stories any good?  If so, I'd use it to take the best of what they currently have across TV and movies and dump the rest, or just scrap it all and start over.  The roadmap is laid out: you start with some character building solo movies focused on 1-2 solid heroes and gradually build up to team-based movies or 2-3 guest stars to introduce new characters.  Make it fun, but serious, and integrate everything into a larger plot that will pay off over time.  Just copy Marvel at this point. 

It doesn't have to be major characters either - Dr. Strange, Ant Man, Guardians are not big properties, but all had significant roles leading up to the end.  You probably need Wonder Woman & Batman.  Swap Supes out for Power Girl.  Green Arrow is an easy addition as a mix of Stark & Hawkeye, Toss in Flash or Cyborg or Green Lantern and you've got a great base to build around.  Heck, they should build it around Shazam - that's a goofy character that could grow serious over time.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: May 28, 2019, 04:01 PM »
Obviously we need to lead up to a Teen Titans movie that starts up with a dedicated Robin movie.

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours