Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143143 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2007, 06:49 PM »
Wow! They got Peter Cullen to do the voice of Prime! Awesome! Too bad they didn't get Casey Kasem to do the voice of one of the 'bots, forget who it was.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 19, 2007, 07:00 PM »
Can't quite tell if you're being sarcastic or not Steyve, but....

He actually played as two bots, a crazy human doctor, and a computer.

linky
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Nope, being serious Mike. I know the film is dear to you, so I'll lay off you. I think it's cool that got the original voice for Prime... that and the transforming sound! I'll be curious to hear Hugo Weaving as Megatron, should be cool as well!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 28, 2007, 06:23 PM »
eat me....but I'm a bit spoiled
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2007, 12:51 AM »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2007, 09:31 AM »
Several people have been asking me to see this with them. They're absolutely shocked that I have less than zero interest and have offered to pay for my ticket. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 29, 2007, 08:14 PM »
Well alot of my mates have seen this and cant stop raving about it, they said the majority of th ehuman scenes are ordinary but the rest is awesome, I'm seeing it tomorrow night so i'll give ya a better report then.
I love that we finally got a movie out here before you guys :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 1, 2007, 06:51 PM »
Ok saw it last night.
I was one of the baggers of this film ,there was no way I was going to like it, or so I thought.
It was actually pretty good, check your brain at the door and just enjoy it for the entertainment it is.
Having Cullen voice Prime was one of the best moves ever and Hugo Weaving for Megatron worked too.
I hated the pics of the new bots, but after seeing them in action they changed my mind.
There were some funny bits in there, there were some ugh moments too but that for the most part was just the ppl, the actual robots were really really really good.
I cant believe i'm talking up this film, the sound was the other thing, please see it in a decent cinema with great sound that was also one of the highpoints gunshots and the transformations were great.
There are also a few extra clips throught the credits and one of them "screams" sequel :)
Go see it, I dont think many will be dissapointed

The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 4, 2007, 12:28 AM »
WowZers.....I just got back from the flick and I'm still a bit dizzy, seriously.  I just couldn't quite keep up with all of the complex transformations.  I think they spent way too much time on that part, but it was beautiful - from what I could make out. 

Overall not a great movie, but it was a good flick which I can easily see a sequel emerging from.  They even made reference to one of Bay's other films but I won't spoil the fun for you.  Ironhide was by far my favorite toy from this line and he stole the show for me in the movie as well even though most of the bots didn't have as much screen time as I would have liked.

Megan Fox was beyond HOT and they made quite a few "references" without revealing anything...very under the wire for a PG-13 rating..but me liked!

This flick almost came off as a comedy during the first hour or so +, which I didn't mind.  Cullen's voice has definatley changed since the good ol 80's so it didn't quite sound the same, but still I wouldn't have it any other way even though he's got lips in this movie until he goes into battle with his classic plate.  Weaving was perfect for Megs.  I guess Welking was a bit too raspy sounding for his age, but at least he scored the voice for the game.

Go see this flick if you've got nothing better to do this week.  It's a fun ride!!

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #99 on: July 4, 2007, 02:31 AM »
This movie was the most fun I've had at the movies in a long time. I agree- it's a fun ride.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 5, 2007, 09:12 AM »
I was pleasantly surprised when the wifey (9 months pregnant) said to me yesterday "we should go see a movie - maybe Transformers - that looks pretty good".  So, we caught it yesterday afternoon.  The theater was full, and I have to agree with others here - we really had a good time seeing it.  We both enjoyed it, and it seemed like the whole crowd really had a good time.  Hearing Prime's voice again, and the old cartoon Transforming sound a few times really brought back memories.  Its really a good time, I thought.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 6, 2007, 06:02 PM »
Seems like this thread keeps getting buried for some reason, but I'll try and keep it afloat for as long as possible....

Transformers smashes July 4th, Wednesday Records

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 6, 2007, 06:56 PM »
that I have less than zero interest
Same here.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #103 on: July 6, 2007, 07:33 PM »
I saw it on the third and really enjoyed it.  I think they did a good job keeping fairly true to the characters (with some obvious poetic license but it wasn't too bad IMO).
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 6, 2007, 09:12 PM »
i watched it and loved it....didnt get to see the end of the credits though...that large coke and the long time of the movie and a really..well you get the picture  ;)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D: