Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143179 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #285 on: February 6, 2009, 03:48 PM »
I finally watched Transformers for the first time (on Blu-ray... yaaaay Netflix), and it was every bit as staggeringly stupid as everyone said it was.

I do have one question... I don't know if I nodded off or something near the end, but what happened to the boom box Decepticon after the black dude called the Air Force?  Did they ever go back to that bunker?  Are we to assume the black guy, the Australian girl, and John Voight are a pile of bloody ribbons a mile below the Hoover Dam?  It's funny how that radio could take down three Secret Service agents in 5 seconds, but when it comes to fighting a 70-year-old administrator he was useless.

Frenzy killed himself. He launched spining blades that worked like bomberanges and they came back and hit him in the head killing him. You fell asleep because you couldn't have missed it.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 6, 2009, 05:33 PM »
As much as I love the old school G1 transformers, I gave the new designs some serious thought and it makes sense. If you look at the robot design of alot of the (origional) transformers they screamed "human" too much. The designs in the movie for their robot forms looks alien and that would make more sense as they literaly are aliens.

My complaint with the new designs is that it’s just too hard to make out what part of the robot you’re looking at in given scenes.  Some of those fight scenes in the first movie were so hard to follow based on these designs, the speed they’re moving at, and the extreme unnecessary zoom – is that Prime’s leg or Starscream’s elbow filling up the screen?  Couldn’t tell you.  I also love the look of G1 stuff versus these new models, but I think I could stomach these better if I could tell what the heck I was looking at in any given scene.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 6, 2009, 05:49 PM »
I finally watched Transformers for the first time (on Blu-ray... yaaaay Netflix), and it was every bit as staggeringly stupid as everyone said it was.

Care to explain - without any G1 comments?  I will admit that the ending was very jumbled together what with going from Boulder Dam NV to whatever city they wound up in and yes it was EXTREMELY lame that Blackout (helicopter) who took out that entire military base at the beginning of the movie was destroyed by one single guy.

My complaint with the new designs is that it’s just too hard to make out what part of the robot you’re looking at in given scenes.  Some of those fight scenes in the first movie were so hard to follow based on these designs, the speed they’re moving at, and the extreme unnecessary zoom – is that Prime’s leg or Starscream’s elbow filling up the screen?  Couldn’t tell you.  I also love the look of G1 stuff versus these new models, but I think I could stomach these better if I could tell what the heck I was looking at in any given scene.

Blame that on ILM Justin - they seem to have way too much time on their hands on the animations.   ;)
« Last Edit: February 6, 2009, 06:14 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 6, 2009, 05:50 PM »
I often found it difficult to keep track of who was who in robot mode.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #289 on: February 6, 2009, 07:47 PM »
Care to explain - without any G1 comments?  I will admit that the ending was very jumbled together what with going from Boulder Dam NV to whatever city they wound up in and yes it was EXTREMELY lame that Blackout (helicopter) who took out that entire military base at the beginning of the movie was destroyed by one single guy.

The plot was flat-out terrible.

Magatron somehow knew the exact location of the Allspark, but managed to somehow crash in the Arctic half a globe away trying to get there.

Despite being a spacecraft capable of intergalactic travel at near absolute zero temperatures, Megatron becomes totally immobilized from arctic snow.

Bumblebee, alone on Earth, knew how to find Sam at the car dealership, supposedly after discovering his glasses listed on eBay, but the Decepticons had no idea who Witwiki (sp?) was or Sam's identity or that the glasses had the map until cracking the ABOVE TOP SECRET Iceman file.

The Allspark was surrounded by "four football fields" of concrete so no signal could ever get to the aliens.  Frenzy has no problem whatsoever broadcasting the location to the Decepticons from under all that concrete.

An Allspark the size of a city block "transforms" to the size and weight of a football.

That's just off the top of my head after one viewing.  It was one of the worst written sci-fi films I've ever watched.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 6, 2009, 10:21 PM »
Bill, you do realize that its a movie about alien robots, right?  And the realism of the combat situations is about the last thing you ought to be concerned with?
« Last Edit: February 7, 2009, 09:17 AM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 7, 2009, 08:32 AM »
I've watched it a few times, and i can never remember how it ends.  I look at that picture on the back of the DVD of Sam hoisting the allspark out of the rubble and I think..."when did that happen?"

The rest of the movie is decent enough, bu the ending is a holy mess.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #292 on: February 7, 2009, 09:45 AM »
Bill, you do realize that its a movie about alien robots, right?  And the realism of the combat situations is about the last thing you ought to be concerned with?

Aliens is about alien aliens, but it somehow managed not to have gaping, laughable plot holes.  And where did I criticize the realism of the combat situations?  The combat was fine... it was everything else that was stupid as rocks.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 7, 2009, 05:24 PM »
I've watched it a few times, and i can never remember how it ends.  I look at that picture on the back of the DVD of Sam hoisting the allspark out of the rubble and I think..."when did that happen?"

I actually believe you're referring to the end of the movie when Sam "shoots" the Allspark into Megs chest.

it was everything else that was stupid as rocks.

it's a movie.  not everyone likes movies the same way other people like movies.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #294 on: February 7, 2009, 06:12 PM »
Spoilers!!!

Here's some pics and the instructions for the Fallen toy. Why is it that Megatron, Soundwave, and the Fallen all transform into "Cybertronian jets"? That's just lazy. Of course, this toy looks like a big green nothing to me, so whatever.

And it looks like Wheelie is in the new movie. Probably at the expense of another character too.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 7, 2009, 08:35 PM »
meh...you should have posted this in the "other toys" section Ben.  Going to turn even more people away from the sequel.   :-\

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #296 on: February 8, 2009, 01:13 AM »
Well, I have to be fair to the folks here too. Can't have them go into this movie expecting ass-kicking 'bots and then seeing Wheel-E.  :)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2009, 09:00 AM »
The New Transformers Trailer this Friday

Reminder: The New Transformers Trailer this Friday
Source:Superhero Hype! February 9, 2009

Fans of Michael Bay's Transformers might want to get out to theaters this weekend to see the relaunch of Friday the 13th, produced by Bay's production company Platinum Dunes, since Paramount has confirmed to ComingSoon.net/Superhero Hype! what Bay posted on his blog last month here, that the first teaser trailer for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen will be attached to it.

The teaser trailer will be available online starting Monday, February 16, so stay tuned!

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is scheduled to open in conventional and IMAX theaters on Friday, June 26.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43 AM »

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2009, 11:00 AM »
Devastator

A part of me died today.

My hope is that it will look cool in the movie, but it isn't anywere close to cannon and that makes me sick to my stomach.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!