Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143763 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #465 on: July 30, 2009, 06:47 PM »
The sad thing about it is one of the best SW movies (Empire) is languishing in 34th place while the other 5 are higher (sure I think ANH deserves to be at #3, but the prequels?)!

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: July 31, 2009, 12:59 AM »
Probably ends just shy of $400 M.  That is a lot of dough.

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #467 on: July 31, 2009, 01:36 PM »
None of the prequels had the benefit of $19 Imax tickets. Sure, AOTC was on 30+ Imax screen but those tickets were about $10. Also, according to BOM, movie tickets have increased 65% in the last 10 years. Even the ticket prices for the prequels were a bargain compared to what they are today.

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline MistaBinks

• Youngling
  • Stand up to cancer.
    • View Profile
    • Y2Chaos
« Reply #469 on: July 31, 2009, 01:50 PM »
That is a better chart but I don't think it takes the bloated 3D and Imax ticket prices into account. You almost need 3 people in a normal theater to match the money for every one person in an Imax theater.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: August 11, 2009, 06:29 PM »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 1, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Not that anybody cares....but

Transformers 3 - 07/01/11
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 1, 2009, 11:46 PM »
Not that anybody cares....but

Transformers 3 - 07/01/11

Yay!  I'll go see 3, though I was not a big fan of 2.  Hopefully they get back to the formula that made the first one such a big hit (good story, lots of action, make it fun).
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 2, 2009, 11:59 AM »
I know I'll see it as well.  I also liked the first one better, but enjoyed the 2nd one well enough too.  That summer of 2011 is shaping up to be packed with movies, especially ones that I want to see.  Off the top of my head, I think all of the following are now scheduled for that summer:

Spider-Man 4
Thor
Captain America
Green Lantern
Transformers 3
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Not to mention others like Kung Fu Panda 2 and Cars 2, which are sure to do well too.

Offline Sugart

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 2, 2009, 05:16 PM »
Isnt Pirates 4 2011 as well. I was looking on Comingsoon.net and it looks like I will literally be at the movies every week starting in May thru July. Its like 12 solid weeks of blockbusters.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 7, 2009, 06:37 PM »
Looks like Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman are out as writers for TF3 so maybe we'll get a movie that everyone likes this time?  Probably not, but wishful thinking.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 8, 2009, 02:30 PM »
I'd actually like to see them gathering energon. However since it seems the Transformers can leave Earth at will, it just isn't needed. And if ROTF was an attempt to collect energon, it was a poor attempt.

I would like to see Galvatron and/or Omnicron.

These are popcorn movies. I totally get that. Robots fighting and the occasional shot of Megan Fox. Nuff said. However, there doesn't really seem to be a purpose for the Transformers to remain on Earth. Starscream left and brought back more Decepticons, Megatron after being put back together again went into space with ease. I'd think they would look for other Autobots to destroy since they know where Optimus and his cronies are. Avoid the strongest, take out the weaker and when you've found more Decepticons, come back to earth and wipe out the rest of the Autobots.  Cowardly? Sure, but Villians aren't often truly heroic. Just look at Starscream...

Anyway, I'll keep seeing these movies as long as they are made.

Though I though Bay was done with directing them. Guess he came to his senses and couldn't pass up that money...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: October 19, 2009, 11:11 PM »
Is anyone getting ROTF tomorrow?  Are any of the stores having special releases like with the original movie release?
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #478 on: October 20, 2009, 01:33 AM »
I'm going to swing by Best Buy and pick it up during our lunch break tomorrow.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 20, 2009, 01:57 AM »
If you're looking at the Blu-ray (not sure if it's the same for the DVD), Wal-mart has an exclusive release of the IMAX version of the film, which is something like one minute longer.