Author Topic: The Transformers Live Action Movies  (Read 143112 times)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Transformers Live Action Movies
« Reply #570 on: December 9, 2010, 10:34 AM »
Well that was kind of uninspired...but IIRC the teaser for ROTF looked AMAZING and look what happpened to that movie (yes I know you still hate it)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: December 9, 2010, 08:22 PM »
"The Sequel Has Landed..."

"One small stink for fans, one gigantic dump from Michael Bay..."

It's a MOON TRAP. Call Walter Koenig.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49 PM »
New Full Trailer, looks pretty cool.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 28, 2011, 09:21 PM »
Whoa... it rocks!   8)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 28, 2011, 11:25 PM »
Chicago's in for an ass-kickin' this summer!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 16, 2011, 11:33 AM »
ain't it cool - mild spoilers
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: July 2, 2011, 04:12 PM »
meh...was okay.  They definiately cut down on the stupid humor (after the first hour at least)  It actually has a plot this time though and makes sense so that might please some of you.  Typical Baysplosions everywhere, but a fitting end...if it is the end.  Not a fan of 3D, but it looked better than UP.

One arm

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: July 2, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I thought it was great and had a much better plot than the second.  Very true about the explosions, but all in all I loved the movie and was glad I went to see it. 
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #578 on: July 2, 2011, 08:14 PM »
I enjoyed it overall, but the whole new girlfriend thing was kind of annoying since they spent the first two movies building a relationship between Sam and Mikayla. If they just recast the role I would not have had any real heartburn about it...it worked in the Iron-Man movies.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: July 3, 2011, 12:26 AM »
Saw this on Friday and it was okay.  The action and special effects were great and I loved the earlier sequences tying back into American history.  Very cool concept.  However, Bay left way too many plot holes again.  I would gladly sacrifice the 28th minute of robots shooting each other up for a few well placed lines to build characters or plot.  The robots are really wasted characters in these movies with no dimension to them.  An Optimus yelling die die die at the Decepticons and blowing their heads off?  Seems out of place for someone so caring about life.  And Shockwave appears for almost no reason.  Where did he come from?  Why not have him sceme against Megatron or at least have a role as a scientist instead of just a bruiser.  I'd actually rather watch a G1 Cartoon version of the movie.  That said, I didn't mind the new girl.  Very nice eye candy and she was kind of necessary to the storyline. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: July 4, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Just got back and I really liked it.  The story was much better than the one from TF2, as was the acting.  Plenty of humor in the first half without it being as goofy as the Twins from TF2. 

I would have liked a little better introduction to some of the new robots and I got some of the Decepticons, especially, mixed up because they seemed to look too much alike.

I liked Turturro's Simmons better in this movie than the last two.  Thought Dempsey played a good character and was surprised by Huntington-Whiteley.  She did a good job and I honestly didn't miss Megan Fox or the Mikaela character.

The way they ended it it would be hard to do a 4th, I think, but I liked this much better than TF2 and would spend the cash to see a 4th film.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: July 5, 2011, 12:34 PM »
The way they ended it it would be hard to do a 4th, I think...

3 words for you:  Gal. Va. Tron.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: July 5, 2011, 12:37 PM »
I was expecting this to be horrendous like the second one, but forgetting the fact it could have been 30 to 45 minutes shorter I thought it was worth seeing. Glad my friend dragged me there.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: July 5, 2011, 01:26 PM »
I don't really know anything about Galvatron.  At some point we'll be able to have a spoiler laden conversation about TF3 and discuss who would be in a hypothetical 4th film.  I would think that based on box office Hasbro will want to do a 4th film, it's a huge winner for them.

Hell, I stopped in Target after the movie yesterday and walked out with a $40 Leader class toy that I had no intention of buying until I saw the movie.

I guess it would just be how do they do it?  I don't think you have to have Michael Bay back as the director necessarily, but even though this is a Transformers movie, the main character has really been Sam.  I would think that if a 4th film comes about they'd at least want Shia back, but would he do another?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline GrandMoffNick

• Jedi Master
  • You are what you choose to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: July 5, 2011, 01:37 PM »
They were making fun of Shia the other day on the local Sports radio because he had said he was done with the TF movies since "Sam's character was fully developed now". So in theory he is done. I'm sure if they stick a briefcase of money at his feet he'd do another though.
This is the water, and this is the well. Drink full, and descend. The horse is the white of the eyes, and dark within