Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58467 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors!
« Reply #105 on: July 6, 2007, 11:49 AM »
I'd probably agree with that.  The second best thing they've done I believe is recognize the demand for army building. 

Both should have been no brainers for them though.

:P

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors!
« Reply #106 on: July 6, 2007, 12:57 PM »
-Cinema Scene - Cantina - possible 2009 (including tables/seats/bar parts/distillery)

That would be the best thing Hasbro's ever done.  :o

Second best thing. The best thing is the McQuarrie Signature Series. That still sounds pretty cool though, depending on who/what it includes and the price.
« Last Edit: July 6, 2007, 12:58 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
2008 Rumors...
« Reply #107 on: October 5, 2007, 03:38 PM »
I was just listening to the ForceCast, and Curto was on there for a few minutes and dropped some rumors (also, he's going to start having his own "collecting microcast" in the future).  Here's a few bits (starting around the 47 minute mark I believe):

-The Mustafar Panning Droid in Wave 1 was a last minute substitution for another ROTS character that is now being held for the Clone Wars line

-2008 Waves (following Wave 1 - ROTS) will be based around the following:
Episode 2
Jabba's Palace/Tatooine
Death Star
Endor (a Lumat/Female with Wokling rumor is mentioned)

-May be more than 1 Force Unleashed Wave (a new Palpatine - with "Sith lightning shooting" - is rumored for one of these waves as well - via ToyFare)

-Fall - Clone Wars basically takes over the line (rumored to be 40-50 figures in this line alone, including pack ins/etc. - a Clone Armor Obi-Wan on Speeder Bike was mentioned to go with a repack of the Durge w/bike from the CW line)

It sounds like there might be more to come from Dan on his microcast possibly, so we'll see.  Its nice to get a small (rumored) glimpse at what else 2008 will hold for the basic line though.  I'm glad that there will be some more OT-based waves.  With Clone Wars taking up a lot of the year, I don't necessarily need a ton of prequel figures prior to that as well.  It sounds like its going to be another big (and expensive) year, especially if we're getting 50 figures out of the Clone Wars portion of the line alone.  Including the "pre-CW" waves, we could be looking at 80-90 figures for 2008 (yikes).  Who knows, its all rumors right now.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 03:48 PM by Brian »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors...
« Reply #108 on: October 5, 2007, 03:52 PM »
-The Mustafar Panning Droid in Wave 1 was a last minute substitution for another ROTS character that is now being held for the Clone Wars line

Hmm. I wonder if it'll be a to-scale Grievous?

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #109 on: October 5, 2007, 03:54 PM »
No TPM Wave? >:(

We aren't getting one this year either!
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 03:54 PM by Rune Haako »

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 5, 2007, 03:57 PM »
No TPM Wave? >:(

We aren't getting one this year either!

That's half correct...

;)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 5, 2007, 03:58 PM »
Hmm. I wonder if it'll be a to-scale Grievous?

I hope so.  After opening the "pre-cyborg Grievous" and seeing how tall that figure is, it would be nice to get an all-new scaled version of him as we saw him in ROTS.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 5, 2007, 04:00 PM »
After, this year Im going to REALLY cut back. No MORE Darth Vader, Emperor, R2/C3PO, Chewys..I guess what im saying no more legacey figures.  Im really looking foward to more cantina creatures,Jabba's palce , Ewoks, Jedi ( that I dont have*no mace*) Maybe the EU, see if they make more from KOTOR, and for god sake NO MORE CLONES! LOL!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #113 on: October 5, 2007, 06:57 PM »
As long as we get some Jabba's palace characters i am happy.  ;D I hope the wokkling rumor is true as well.

Also great news about the Mustafar Panning Droid. If not for the switch we probably would have not gotten this figure.
« Last Edit: October 5, 2007, 09:35 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 5, 2007, 11:02 PM »
Wow, next year may be pretty light for me as far as SW is concerned.  I'm skipping all Clone Wars and prequel waves.  But there are the Raiders and GI Joe lines  ;D
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 6, 2007, 01:24 AM »
Wow, next year may be pretty light for me as far as SW is concerned.  I'm skipping all Clone Wars and prequel waves.  But there are the Raiders and GI Joe lines  ;D

I wish I could restrain from Clone Wars/prequel stuff, but I love it.  That era just has so many interesting characters, and the prequel era is still relatively new in terms of Star Wars... so, I guess I just have a high interest level in it.

As for the Indy line, I'm screwed.  I have no idea how I can collect Star Wars, GI JOE and Indy.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 6, 2007, 09:31 AM »

Episode 2
Jabba's Palace/Tatooine
Death Star

Good to hear that there's still some OT in the works.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 6, 2007, 05:33 PM »

Episode 2
Jabba's Palace/Tatooine
Death Star

I think these waves really have a lot to offer.

Hopefully E2 will give us some more background Jedi, SA Obi-Wan and Anakin and some Padmes (I like Padmes, sorry). There are too many from Jabba's palace to list, but I hope we get some good ones. I'm curious to see who'd be in the DS wave and Endor (or if it's battle of). The Wokling is cool and I'm not a huge Ewok fan. Love to see some Imperial Dignitaries to finish off the 2 we got already and a new Piett.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 7, 2007, 09:14 AM »
With Jabba's Palace and Death Star, we should be getting some cooler stuff since these types of waves have been done a couple of times in the last few years.

For Jabba's Palace, we had better see one or two of the figures offered up in the current JD poll. My hope is for Klaatu at least.

For Death Star, how can we not be getting some new officers? Everything else has been done.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 7, 2007, 11:06 AM »
Hmm, here's my guesses for these rumored waves:
Episode 2
SA Mullet Obi-wan, SA Anakin, at least one Padme if not more. SA Jango (recarded from the Evolutions set) and maybe a new Nute Gunray though Hasbro may have learned their lesson with Neimoidians.

Jabba's Palace/Tatooine: Hmm, plenty of backgorund characters here to pull from, so no need to list them.

Death Star: SA LUKE! Imperial officers (maybe one or two from the set from this year), SA Emperor with Throne (and no, I don't mean toilet...heh)

Endor (a Lumat/Female with Wokling rumor is mentioned): Okay the mother ewok and wokling would be uber cool and has been wanted for a long time. Maybe the old rebel dude who put on the scout trooper armor.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010