Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58475 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #165 on: October 30, 2007, 10:05 AM »
Ok, since this is a speculative thread, let's do more of it.
Since we've heard 53 is the magic number for figures next year we'll go with that.

Assuming we have 8 waves of figures that's 7 figures per wave (give or take one as the total would be 56 figs and we are told 53)
So I'd speculate that the first  5 waves are "Classic" or TAC or whatever they want to call it.
Followed by ONE wave of TFU figs (which makes sense as that's all we've seen to this point).
Then lastly 2 waves of Clone Wars figures. (Which could carry over into future waves in 2009)

TFU has at least 7 figs that I can recall:
Maris Brood
Juno Eclipse
2 troopers
Vader
Sumo Jedi Master
Vader's Apprentice

That's all that's prolly needed from the game too (to start-if the game does well, and there's every reason to believe it will, we'll prolly see more figures in 2009).

So the shortage of 3 figures (even amounts of 7 figures per wave=56, minus 3, since the total is supposedly 53), will most likely come in the first 5 waves.

This works out quite nicely I think. Not a deluge of figures, broken up into larger "themes," and manageable. For those who are movie only collectors, you'll have a cheap year. For those wo don't buy video game figs, you'll get a break about mid-year. For those who don't buy repeated figures, there's plenty of opportunity to save. And for those who have to have one of every figure, it's still a decent amount.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #166 on: October 30, 2007, 10:19 AM »
So I'd speculate that the first  5 waves are "Classic" or TAC or whatever they want to call it.
Followed by ONE wave of TFU figs (which makes sense as that's all we've seen to this point).

The only problem with your logic there is that we already know that TFU is slotted for Wave 2 in 2008.

I think when Hasbro said "a couple other surprises in there" they were meaning another EU based wave, like we got this year.  I could see it shaking out like this -

Wave 1 - RotS
Wave 2 - TFU
Wave 3 - ANH
Wave 4 - RotJ
Wave 5 - EU
Wave 6 - ESB

That's pretty much how it worked out in 2007, right down to the fact that 2007 Wave 2 (the Yavin IV stuff) was also a wave that was pushed back (from TSC in 2006) just like the TFU stuff this year.  ;)

Then, you fill Wave 7/8 with the switch over to Clone Wars cartoon...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 30, 2007, 12:46 PM »

The only problem with your logic there is that we already know that TFU is slotted for Wave 2 in 2008.

I think when Hasbro said "a couple other surprises in there" they were meaning another EU based wave, like we got this year.  I could see it shaking out like this -

Wave 1 - RotS
Wave 2 - TFU
Wave 3 - ANH
Wave 4 - RotJ
Wave 5 - EU
Wave 6 - ESB

That's pretty much how it worked out in 2007, right down to the fact that 2007 Wave 2 (the Yavin IV stuff) was also a wave that was pushed back (from TSC in 2006) just like the TFU stuff this year.  ;)

Then, you fill Wave 7/8 with the switch over to Clone Wars cartoon...

But I thought there was at least 1 wave of AOTC in the mix for next year.  But with Hasbro's logic like Jabba's wave this year that included figs from the Cantina is it really a ROTJ wave?  I don't know.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #168 on: October 30, 2007, 01:00 PM »
But I thought there was at least 1 wave of AOTC in the mix for next year. 

Maybe, but Hasbro said in the Q&A last week that "Episodes III-VI will each have waves along with a The Force Unleashed wave and a couple other surprises in there".  No mention of AotC.

But with Hasbro's logic like Jabba's wave this year that included figs from the Cantina is it really a ROTJ wave?  I don't know.

During the summer conventions, Hasbro mentioned that the reason you saw some "wave shift" this year was due to factory costs/issues.  The Cantina Figures were originally supposed to be in the Tatooine/ANH wave, and Hermi and 3PO were supposed to be in the Jabba's wave, but the factory cost/issues caused those figures to get bumped back a wave.

The same thing happened in 2006 when part of the Endor wave was pushed back into the TPM wave, and the same thing is entirely possible in 2008 as well...  and if you believe the rumors, it's already happened with the creation of the Panning Droid figure set bumping a figure from the RotS wave into another wave where it doesn't technically belong.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:03 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2007, 01:50 PM »
Okay, so just switch around the waves I mentioned.
Wv1, 3-6 are classic
Wv2 is TFU
and Wvs 7-8 are Clone Wars

Same result by the end of the year.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Well I'll be interested in, if it pans out this way.

The Revenge of the Sith wave, not all but some (but I wont be collecting these till the end of next year, when I do my collecting of all figures that are ROTS).

The Force Unleashed (will be getting most of these apart from the Darth Vader and Stormtrooper (although saying this I am drawn over the Stormtrooper)).

A New Hope (depending whats in it).

Return of the Jedi (depending whats in it).

Expanded Universe (depending whats in it, but I think they might put a Bastilla in there, just a hunch).

Empire Strikes Back (depending whats in it)

Clone Wars maybes if theres some decent figures in there for custom fodder but thats all.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 30, 2007, 08:53 AM »
It's almost December. Shouldn't we already have conformation of the next couple of wave beyond wave 2?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 30, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Something should be leaking soon.  Give it a few weeks.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 30, 2007, 03:53 PM »
I've decided on looking at the ROTS figures further, I am more than likely only going to pick up one and thats the 2-1B.

As I dont think I want to start another Movie Figure Collection, seeing I am working on my OT Collection still.

Once I have this sorted then I might look at whats out there for ROTS, but theres also the Indiana Jones figures which I like the looks of as well and the Pirates of the Caribbean figures and the Golden Compass figures, so at the min I dont know.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 4, 2007, 09:39 AM »
I noticed that RS has a list compiled of all the rumors and speculation (or a number of them) for 2008.  I don't know if there is anything new on there (some of it looks pretty old too), but if anyone is interested, there is some interesting things listed there.  Regardless, it does sound like its going to be a big (and expensive) year again next year.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 4, 2007, 09:51 AM »
Wow, there are a lot of great figures and multi-packs next year if these all come true.  However, I'm glad that I'm getting out of collecting carded Hasbro figures...  That would be yet another expensive year.

I still paln on picking up the multi-figure sets like Evo, comic packs, and O-66 packs though.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 4, 2007, 10:07 AM »
However, I'm glad that I'm getting out of collecting carded Hasbro figures...  That would be yet another expensive year.

Same here, but I haven't quite figured out how to "collect" going forward as I've been a carded/boxed completist for the past 7 years.  I'm tempted just to take a break for awhile, but I am looking forward to the Unleashed stuff - that's one set I'd like to keep carded.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #177 on: December 4, 2007, 10:59 AM »
Since when is Stan a source of rumors?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 4, 2007, 11:45 AM »
Same here, but I haven't quite figured out how to "collect" going forward as I've been a carded/boxed completist for the past 7 years.

Unfortunately I'll still be spending the same if not more on figures next year, they will just be Kubricks!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 4, 2007, 02:21 PM »
Since when is Stan a source of rumors?

I was kind of wondering that as well?

Anyway for next year we should still have all this type of stuff right? 

1) Basic Figures 
2) Saga Legends - Or a new name for it?
2) Comic Packs
3) Evolutions - Sith and Jedi at least.
4) Battle Packs - Assume so
5) Order 66 Packs
6) Collector Tins??? 

Really the only thing going away figure-wise is the "vintage" cardbacks I believe.  I am assuming at the end of the year we will still get about the same number of figures as we did this year maybe 10-15 less perhaps?