Author Topic: 2008 Rumors and Speculation  (Read 58468 times)

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Rumors and Speculation
« Reply #180 on: December 4, 2007, 03:35 PM »
Other than TFU, it doesn't appear to be an army building year.

That's great news for me, since I'm cutting my SW budget in half for 2008.

I'm only building squads of 5 troopers from now on with the corrected Kashyyyk Trooper being the lone exception to this.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2007, 03:49 PM »
RS has ICMG on the list... I thought for sure it was said he'd be here in '09.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2007, 04:03 PM »
I noticed that too, it seems like that RS compilation basically covers all the rumors that have popped up for quite some time now.  I notice a lot of things from GH's last rumor list, which was out quite a ways back (I think they say April).  I don't know how accurate much of it is, but I'm sure we'll see some of the stuff off of this list.

Offline Desfiy

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 4, 2007, 04:24 PM »
Well even if we only see a third of it, theres still some decent figures on there, as for the Marvel Comic Pack I cant see it happening, as they said they were bringing only two Marvel out and that would be Dala and Shysa as the comic packs for Marvel.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2007, 09:17 AM »
Since when is Stan a source of rumors?

That's my reaction as well. Anyone can guess figures that are coming out and get some right. :P
« Last Edit: December 5, 2007, 09:18 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2007, 09:39 AM »

I'm only building squads of 5 troopers from now on with the corrected Kashyyyk Trooper being the lone exception to this.
Only 5? Cutting back? LOL!  Im cutting back next year as well! Im not going to be completest next year. I do not need more R2's &C3PO's. Vaders,Chewys,Hans,OBi,Anakins, ect., I have to see the TFU figures, but the only ones I plan on buying are Vader's SA and Juno. I just want to cut back!!!! ;D I need help!!

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 5, 2007, 12:28 PM »
I'm sticking to Saga figures only. I haven't decided on TFU yet, but I'll be skipping CW line, unless they are Clones with cool deco made in the movie style.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 5, 2007, 01:35 PM »

Only 5? Cutting back? LOL!  Im cutting back next year as well! Im not going to be completest next year. I do not need more R2's &C3PO's. Vaders,Chewys,Hans,OBi,Anakins, ect., I have to see the TFU figures, but the only ones I plan on buying are Vader's SA and Juno. I just want to cut back!!!! ;D I need help!!

Well when you consider that for me at bare minimum I would get  20 of any troop type figure, yes it's an extreme cut back. Some troops I bought 40 of and in the case of the Utapau trooper have well over 100 of. So again yes, 5 troops of a specific troop type character is cutting way back for me.

Figure at $7 a pop, and comparing me going from 20 down to only 5 troop figs, I'm saving $105 per troop type figure. Not to mention the ones I buy more than 20 of.
I wasn't just an army builder, I was an extreme army builder. Now I'll be content at being a squad builder...lol

I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 17, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Checking out RS' 411 Report for 2008, and if those rumors hold true, it looks like its going to be another big year.  And here I thought I could cut back, but that doesn't look very likely.  I know some of the stuff is already being commented on in other threads, but I thought I'd bump this one up with a few rumors as well (more at the linky):

Figures

Clone Wars - 17 figures to start with, more to follow
Basic Figure Line - 30 Figures are mentioned, with the "build a droid" pack in
Force Unleashed - Aside from what's already been seen, more waves are expected
Comic Packs - 15 new two packs
Evolutions - 8 sets throughout the year
Battle Packs - Plans for 18 next year

Vehicles

AT-TE - We've all been discussing this ($99.99)
Millennium Falcon - Apparently retooled to hold 20 figures
"Basic" Assortment - 10 Icon vehicles on the way

Exclusives

The Force Unleashed Jungle Rancor Battle Pack
Jabba's Palace Rancor Battle Pack
Jabba's Skiff Guards Battle Pack
The Force Unleashed Battle Pack
Aayla Secura Starfighter
Clone Wars Battle Pack

That isn't including all the other stuff, like Galactic Heroes (28 two packs and 5 vehicles), Unleashed battle packs (18), Mighty Muggz (22 figures), and other miscellaneous stuff.  It all sounds cool, but yikes, I better start saving now.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 17, 2007, 09:55 AM »
Couldn't be any more excited about the Falcon, I hope retooling means bigger. I still have managed not to open any on the ones released since '95.

Also excited about the build a droid gimmick, hoping it's the big spider droid, but hope it won't force me to buy figures I don't want. Probably will though. I've been vocal about figures I discriminate against, so they're probably doing stuff like that and the coins just to spite me. It is all about me after all. ;)

Other than that, lots of stuff. Good year to cut back.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 17, 2007, 10:56 AM »
That Falcon set sounds great!
Next year will be very expensive.  :-X
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 17, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Lots of good stuff heading our way.  Not really sure how much of this I can resist being that 08 is the year I was planning on significantly cutting back.   :-\

That Falcon set sounds great!

Ya, but I already know how to stick 20 figures in my Falcon.  I have hopes, but they're not very high.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 17, 2007, 12:33 PM »
I'm getting more and more stoked about the AT-TE. 20 clones fitting inside, lights and sounds? Really, this report better be true, otherwise the guy at RS is one huge jag-off.

I didn't really want to buy another Falcon, however if it's much bigger inside and has all the bells and whistles as has been claimed in that report, then I may bite on it, depending on cost.

Lots of other good things coming out next year.

Certainly seems to be the year of the vehicle, at least to me.

I'll be passing on Galactic Heroes and the mighty mugg things. In fact I'll be selling off my Galactic Heroes collection this year. They are cute and all, but I didn't buy the playsets. Just didn't want to pay $30 for just one or two new ones and that left me with a bad taste in my mouth. So I've quit collecting that line.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 17, 2007, 02:02 PM »
Reading the 411 report reminded me about how, despite the huge increase in merchandise Hasbro has been producing year after year, there are progressively fewer and fewer things each year that I buy since my collection is entirely OT.  Up until early '99, I bought everything since it was all relating to the 3 OT films other than the odd item here or there, but next year probably has, what, 10% of OT merchandise?  I thought the PT films would halve the OT output, but now comics, cartoon, and other EU related material is taking over!

I would be very excited about the Millennium Falcon if it wasn't for the word "retool".  That sounds like it will have the same outer shell but all new innards.  If that's the case, easy pass for me.  But if they re-sculpt it at least 20% bigger and a bit more proportionate, I'm in.  The BAF Droid idea could work out nicely, but I hope each wave of 5 or 6 has one BAF, and that it is a droid relating to that wave.  For example, I'd like to see a Battle of Yavin wave that has a Red Leader R5 unit in 4 or 5 parts spread throughout.  Or even better, a Hoth wave with a resculpted Probe Droid in 5 or 6 parts.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #194 on: December 17, 2007, 02:30 PM »
I would be very excited about the Millennium Falcon if it wasn't for the word "retool".  That sounds like it will have the same outer shell but all new innards.  If that's the case, easy pass for me.  But if they re-sculpt it at least 20% bigger and a bit more proportionate, I'm in.

Here's something from a few months back which I found kind of interesting:

If you had the opportunity to re-design the Millenium Falcon toy from scratch, what is one thing you would want to incorporate that was not on the original toy? (JI, 08/17/07)

Hah - that's a great question. While there were a variety of responses from our team when questioned, the #1 answer seems to be room in the cockpit to fit four figures and actual smuggling compartments. Sorry, that's two things, but we can always dream, can't we?

A redesigned cockpit would definitely have to be bigger than the current version, but the current cockpit is already way out-of-scale with the rest of the ship, and a bigger cockpit would be even moreso.

I'd love to see what they could do with an all-new Falcon, built from scratch.  No doubt it would run circles around the existing one.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."