Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122257 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« on: April 11, 2007, 10:01 PM »
So it seems like Wave 5, which is bound to be revealed soon, will consist entirely of EU figures.

What's rumored:
Darth Malak
Anakin w/Tattoos
Yoda w/Kybuck
Roron Corobb
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
and Fans Choice winner darth Revan

Sounds great! The Mcfigure scheduled for this wave is the girl-Luke.

I for one cannot wait for Pre-Cyborg Grievous and Roron Corobb. Kybuck is bound to be disappointing. Anakin is destined to pegwarm. Malak and Revan will disappear in a blink of an eye.

I wish Voolvif Monn and Nelvaanian Warrior were also in this wave, but oh well. Maybe next year. This wave sounds great regardless. Lets hope more info comes to us soon...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 12:35 AM by Jeff »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5- Expanded Universe
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 10:18 PM »
I am all for EU, but I can honestly say this will be a wave I skip.  Might get Girl Luke if that is what McQ figure is, but until that is solidified, I'd say, much like Wave 1, this is a save money and time looking wave.

The only characters I've even heard of in this wave are Yoda, Anakin and Grievous (who I thought was always a droid, that is why he was their general....)

« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:21 PM by Paul »

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24 PM »
and Grievous (who I thought was always a droid, that is why he was their general....)

After he was injured in a shuttle crash orchestrated by Count Dooku, the Intergalactic Banking Clan paid for a lifesaving operation that replaced much of the Kaleesh warlord with cyborg parts of Geonosian design. Then he was made the general of the CIS droid army because the operation made him stronger and faster than ever.

And I cant wait to get this figure!!!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 11:01 PM »

are you sure? it was never confirmed you know :P
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:38 PM »

are you sure? it was never confirmed you know :P

I said scheduled, not confirmed. I got all of this off of that otheR Site's rumor lists, which are usually quite accurate.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 12:07 AM »
I said scheduled, not confirmed.

These are basically synonymous terms.

Even www.thesaurus.com agrees.

Results for: "scheduled"

Synonyms:   agreed, appointed, arranged, bent, brick wall, certain, concluded, confirmed, customary, decisive, definite, determined, entrenched, established, firm, fixed, hang tough, immovable, intent, inveterate, ironclad, locked in*, obstinate, pat, pigheaded*, prearranged, predetermined, prescribed, regular, resolute, resolved, rigid, rooted, scheduled, settled, specified, stated, steadfast, stiff-necked, stipulated, stubborn, unflappable, usual, well-set
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2007, 12:09 AM »
I said scheduled, not confirmed. I got all of this off of that otheR Site's rumor lists, which are usually quite accurate.

There was one list that leaked out from Hasbro's French subsidiary.  Hasbro reps at Toy Fair pretty much acknowledged that this particular list was dead-on.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2007, 12:35 AM »
PotAto, potAHto.  :P

So it seems like Wave 5, which is bound to be revealed soon, will consist entirely of EU figures.

What's rumored:
Darth Malak
Anakin w/Tattoos
Yoda w/Kybuck
Roron Corobb
Pre-Cyborg Grievous
and Fans Choice winner darth Revan

If this list does prove to be true, I'd be interested in Anakin with Tatoos and the McQuarrie female Luke, maybe the Yoda with Kybuck.  The rest do nothing for me, especially Revan and Malak (Vader would eat those pansies for breakfast :P).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2007, 01:11 AM »
Malak and Revan together is nice...  I was a little bummed at the thought of one without the other.  In general, I'm hoping for more KOTOR figures since I find only a couple figures from a "series" of EU is a little sparse and weird.  Doesn't look right in the old set-up to me.

I'm hoping for some of the heroes now though...  Sith are cool but the other characters were too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 01:36 AM »
Definitely want Anakin, Roron, and Yoda, even though the kybuck will be underscaled if it's to fit on a basic card.

Might get pre-cyborg Grievous and probably girl-Luke.

I have no attachment to Revan and Malak, so my decision will be based solely on them looking cool or not.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
"This is the way."

Offline IshiTib

• Jedi Initiate
  • The actual avatar is my newest figure:)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2007, 05:36 AM »
i think that would be a grat wave, i will buy roron, and i won't wait and make the same mistake like with foul moudama, grievous and anakin sound good too, but i think i don't really need them
Sorry for my bad English, i am German.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 09:48 AM »
I said scheduled, not confirmed.

These are basically synonymous terms.

Even www.thesaurus.com agrees.

But synonymous words don't necessarily mean the same exact thing.  Scheduled can mean confirmed, but it doesn't have to. The difference between the right word and the wrong word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.

As far as the wave is conserned, this would be a perfect wave if as is, as I wouldn't necessarily purchase an opener set. However, Hasbro has nailed down the "one army bulder" per wave pretty well, so I'd guess that the list could be figure short.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 10:13 AM »
Can Roron, Anakin and Yoda really be considered EU? They were in the Clone Wars cartoon which for the post part i consider part of the official story line. I am not saying that I am not happy geting these, just an observation.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline ddschneider1972

• Youngling
  • Go Bucks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2007, 12:29 PM »
I'll be getting a pre-cyborg grevous because i'm sure it will be based on one of the conceptual designs and really be a concept figure with a different name like the SOTE Imperial Sentinal, Obi & Qui gon in Jedi Training gear, some of the clones (colored 3 pack clones) and the 2 Sith training Mauls (tan vest and red striped).

I'm betting it's not girl luke but the scuba luke with a standard coin. As I (and others) said in the Con Excl. thread Hasbro:
Hasbro never makes exclusives new sculpts because (as THEY even say) the cost of tooling, they are always rehashed/kitbashed/repaints. so the chance of them doing THREE new sculpts is slim to none.

Plus stupid people would complain if a toy Luke was now a girl...
"Modern Collectors are just Walmart Shoppers" -The new SW "Fan Club" President

They are right, everything is big in Texas, even the defeats...The Buckeyes are (still) #1!!!!!!!!