Author Topic: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe  (Read 122444 times)

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: 30AC Wave 5 - Expanded Universe
« Reply #225 on: September 23, 2007, 02:13 AM »
I got Hermi today. Would those who have him please tell me what copy is printed on which of his feet? I'm kind of wondering if they stuck the feet on the wrong legs...?

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2007, 06:48 PM »
Don't know if this helps (or if it indicates that both of our Hermis are wrong-footed), but mine's left foot has "c 2007 LFL" and the right foot has "Hasbro China" on it.

That's what mine has. They're probably fine. I'm probably just looking for something to be wrong. I keep fussing over this little bit of red paint below his ear, trying get it off without scraping the plastic. I'm just ridiculous sometimes. :-X

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 23, 2007, 11:34 PM »
Soo... my dealer hooked me up with a Wave 5 case last weekend for retail price, and I couldn't be more pleased with the new figures. Here's some mini-reviews for anyone who cares everyone to read and enjoy:
Yoda & Kybuck- After the TSC Tin set Yoda, I thought that the ROTS mold Yoda couldn't get any better, but I was wrong. The hooded robe (with ear holes!) is very cool, the figure has a nifty pose, and the lightsaber hilt/bandolier is a really nice touch. The Kybuck is just... wow. 2007 is definitely the year for collectors of Star Wars creatures. The Kybuck is very tall once assembled, but the articulation is very basic. Surprisingly, quite a few cool poses can still be achieved by this beast and Yoda looks great posed on top of him/her.
Grievous- Another great figure from this wave. The size and bulkiness of this figure (with all gear) reminds me of the Sneak Preview Wookiee Warrior figure. Arm articulation is not quite as good with this figure, and few poses can be achieved with Grievous using his sword or rifle. Articulation wise, this figure is the loser of the wave, but overall he is really, really cool with a great sculpt and a bunch of accessories. 
Starkiller Hero- Not a very interesting or exciting figure, but it is still pretty cool. She is a great companion piece to the McLuke figure from earlier this year, and comes with a lot of removable bits and pieces. A great figure for a random spacer in a cantina setup/podrace scene or something like that.
Anakin- A pretty good figure with great paint apps, very good articulation, phenomenal sculpt, and nifty accessories. Downside: fragile wrist plastic. The hand on my figure snapped off right out of the packaging, but luckily my dealer has another for me, so it's all good.
Hermi Odle- Another highlight figure from this wave! The paint apps are a little odd to me (a bit too pink looking in some parts on the skin) The cloth cloak is a bit funny looking and hard to get to sit right, but the figure's sculpt, articulation, and weapon make up for that. 
Malak- Malak is a very cool figure, and might be one of my favorites from the whole line. The articulation, weapon, and sculpt are all great, and he includes a neat little surprise with his head. Awesome figure for a Sep Commander or Dark Acolyte.
Revan- See Darth Malak
C-3PO&Salacious Crumb- Cool figures with neat paint apps, nifty features, and good articulation. Great combo and a good value for the price.
Roron Corobb- We need a new Foul Moudama figure. Hell, we need a new cantina Hammerhead figure. Roron is a great looking figure. Articulation is top notch and well hidden, and a better figure could not be asked for. Everything you want a backround Jedi figure to deliver is included. Now I cannot wait for Wolfman Jedi in December.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2007, 09:24 AM »
I noticed this morning that portions of this wave (and Wave 4) were available at HTS.com.  I'm not sure what's left now, but things seems to pop in and out of stock on there regularly, so I thought I'd post a heads up just in case.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2007, 10:45 AM »
Seems to be all gone. No luck again.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Can someone please explain what in the heck is goin on with Target? I have not seen W4 or 5 in any Target in my area and I have 7 in a 10 mile radius. 

No one has seen wave 5 at Target yet.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 27, 2007, 12:06 PM »
I got a chance to open this wave this week (via BBTS, not at retail around here yet), and it really is a nice wave.  The whole wave is pretty good, but I was especially impressed with the Clone Wars figures.  All three are great, and I hope we see more of them (like Voolvif Monn) in the future.  I usually get a little more jazzed about OT figures, but I think these might be some of my favorite figures of the year.  The Yoda with Kybuck is a great value for the price (and the Yoda itself is pretty nice too), Roron Corobb is an excellent figure, and even the Anakin was a pleasant surprise.  Anyways, just random thoughts, but I really liked the Clone Wars figures in this wave - stuff like this makes me hope that the upcoming Clone Wars line (next year) goes the "realistic/movie" style.  It really makes me hope we get an all-new Obi-Wan in clone armor eventually too, up to this quality.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2007, 01:03 PM »
Okay finally got around to comparing the ROTS version of Yoda and the Clone Wars version in this wave, just when I thought it wasn't possible Hasbro actually made Yoda shorter.  I knew the legs were different along with the hands but when compared to one another it's a whole new mold even the head, guess I just didn't realize that before so sorry if that was old news.  Great figure though, but I hope Hasbro eventually gives us a Yoda with ball jointed elbows.  I mean if you look at the concept Yoda, the TAC Jawa, even Ayala's knee joints & VOTC Leia's knee joints are all very very small so it could be done.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 8, 2007, 09:44 PM »
I have to make note of this just because it's such a cool little detail.  And it's making me love the new Yoda in this wave even more!  It's definitely tough to articulate a character as small as Yoda, but he's got a decent level of articulation for his size.  And the accessories?  Very cool.  The softgoods cloak reminds me a lot of the vintage Jawa's cloak, which has really had some staying power in the realm of softgoods accessories.  And the utility belt?  Very cool!  Especially the lightsaber holster.  And I really like how it comes through the back of the cloak and that the lightsaber hilt accessory fits right in there.  Add in the lit lightsaber and Yoda's ready to go!

As for the Kybyuck itself?  Pretty cool.  It's not well articulated, but it makes for a decent mount for Yoda.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 9, 2007, 12:38 AM »
Got my wave 5 case today - but it was a revision case.  So now I've got to go out looking for an extra Yoda and McVader to open.  Those two figures being something other than what I was looking for made the whole thing less cost effective for me.   :(
« Last Edit: October 9, 2007, 01:09 AM by Rob »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #235 on: October 9, 2007, 01:24 AM »
McVader's are showing here semi-frequently Rob, with the wave 4, 5, and 6 blitz we've been getting.  All WM's in my area are at least getting cases in about one a day out on the shelves, some getting literally dozens of cases opened and figures dumped where they can find room.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 9, 2007, 08:12 AM »
Got my wave 5 case today - but it was a revision case.  So now I've got to go out looking for an extra Yoda and McVader to open.  Those two figures being something other than what I was looking for made the whole thing less cost effective for me.   :(

That's distressing.  I should be getting my case today and I really hope that it's not a revision case.  I ran across a crap load of McVaders yesterday.  I'm probably going back again today.  I'll try to grab you one if they still have them.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 9, 2007, 10:27 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but don't sweat it.  I saw him at 3 TRU's over the weekend and am going to run by one of them today at lunch to try to get it taken care of.  Hopefully no one had any reason to buy them all up.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #238 on: October 9, 2007, 11:43 AM »
Got my wave 5 case today - but it was a revision case. 

I got my second Wave 5 case from NewForce today, and it was a Wave 5, Rev 3 case.

The first Wave 5 case that I got from them (back in mid-September), was the original case Wave 5 case.  Hasbro must have had to fill the second half of NewForce's order with the revisions I guess...  better this than nothing for most folks though I suppose.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 9, 2007, 02:47 PM »
Yep.  The only shame of it is that I passed up wave 5 in stores several times expecting this, and now I'm stuck with a carded Airborne, Marine, and DST that I don't want.  I'm going to see if Target will take them I guess since I've bought that stuff from them before.